Ric Flair Responds To WWE Continuing To Use “The Man” Trademark, Lost The Lawsuit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
In a recent discussion on his Wooooo! Nation Uncensored Podcast, WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair looked back at legal disputes over ‘The Man’ catchphrase.

As noted, Flair took part in legal battles with WWE over the company using his signature term ‘The Man’ for Becky Lynch’s character. He never did win ownership over ‘The Man’ despite owning rights to his catchphrase, ‘To be The Man, you got to beat The Man’.

Flair says he is making his last statement on the matter, and ultimately, he is upset that ‘The Man’ wasn’t passed down to one of his children.

“In closing, because I’m so tired of going over it, it’s not even, let’s say hypothetically the number one selling t-shirt for two years in a multi-billion dollar company. So let’s just say they made $30 million. Right, I could find out, it’s not worth it. Ultimately, the people who did that, to me, need to look in the mirror and know that I worked my whole career for that to belong to my daughter or my son.

“They got to look at themselves in the mirror. They got to say to themselves, ‘Boy, we took something that he worked his whole life, his a** off for, made a joke of it, and gave it away’. That’s all I can say anymore. I’m silenced on the issue, no more.”

Another topic Ric Flair openly discussed was the cuts WWE has been making in NXT, including former WWE NXT Champions Karrion Kross, Samoa Joe, & Keith Lee.

“It’s a business to them and I don’t know the numbers, but if NXT is not making money, they can’t keep paying people. So I don’t know the answer to that, but I look at the ratings, you know, just like I watch every show I can possible now so I can talk to you intelligently about these things. But the ratings are everything, so who knows.”
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...s-to-wwe-continuing-to-use-the-man-trademark/

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He's so fucking bitter :beckylol

I'm glad he's drawing a line under this now though with this last statement :mj

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
There is irony about Rick getting mad at Becky/WWE for "taking" his nickname and all

Hypocrisy at its finest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Death By Looch

texansfan99

Covenantone3
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
AeQNZgn
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
curtisaxel
Favorite Sports Team
houstontexans
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Flair just doesn't make sense. What's all the hoop lay over a handsomely paid clown anyway? Who is paying this guy that virgin freak to enjoy anyway?

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Death By Looch

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Ya. Fuck Ric Flair :lol not cause of this, but cause this mother fucker before the game the other night all “Roll Tide” then after he’s like “I WAS CHEERING FOR THE DAWGS!!” Like mother fucker sit down. You ain’t no man you a bitch

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
No disrespect to the legend but he sounds as senile as Vince nowadays.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Flair getting bent out of shape for a catchphrase/gimmick that he never owned. It was lend but not owned. Harley Race and Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers are still better than him.