Ric Flair-One Last Reign

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
You know Phantom, I really wouldn't mind that happening. In fact I'd really like it to happen. They would be a great face or heel tag team. They can start out face and eventually turn heel then feud with each other till Wrestlemania. Flair can teach Batista a thing or two about wrestling and give him advice about what he's doing wrong right now.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Edge Foreva that idea is pretty good, cuz it gives batista a big WM match but not a title shot. Batista most certainly could learn from Flair, and it gives Flair more purpose as well.

3lions

Reaction score
Batista/Flair have already held the tag titles together, back when batista was 'nothing' and just the enforcer in Evolution. They could win the tag titles again, but it would be pretty pointless. Id prefer to see them join forces when necessary and have 'eachothers backs' so to speak, but not be an official tag team. Batista is currently too big a star to do that.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
If Flair ends up getting himself into the ME scene on SD!, then he's gonna have to beat Edge in some kind of specialty match. There's no way he would beat Edge cleanly. Not at 57 years of age. A First Blood or I Quit Match would probably get MOTY, but imagine Flair making Edge Quit with the Figure Four. Oh man...

get_brunk

Reaction score
I'm with Truth and 3lions here. Having Flair win one more time to honor his dedication to the business and to give the fans an emotional moment just isn't smart for the business. (It certainly isn't the same as giving 'Taker one more reign at WM this past April.) He's been "down" for so long, to give him any credibility for a title win, I'm not sure there's enough time to give him the proper buildup for a title win to be anything close to credible. (It would have to revolve around the "Dirtiest Player In the Game" and even then, it'd be a stretch.)

I think Flair wouldn't necessarily be TOO opposed to one more reign, but I also think he's one of the few guys who worries about putting over guys for the future of the business. (Even more so than say Mick Foley or Chris Benoit or Shawn Michaels.... and the last two really haven't started/needed to start doing that till late.) He's more worried about that and leaving the business in good shape for the long haul than anything else.

I just don't see one more run for him, nice as the moment would be.