Rhea Ripley on Impaulsive

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Rhea Ripley says the character she plays on WWE programming is a more confident version of herself.

Ripley appeared on an episode of Impaulsive released on Tuesday. During the discussion, she compared her on-screen persona with her real one.

She said:

Rhea Ripley is pretty much just me but it's the me that would get arrested in everyday life.

Ripley continued:

Me as Demi Bennett, I'm not as confident. Rhea is the confident side of me. In everyday life I'm not as confident. I get anxiety, a bit of everything really so sometimes I love tuning into the Rhea Ripley side of me and just pretending I am that version of myself.
Earlier in the interview, Ripley was asked about her relationship with Buddy Matthews and how he feels about her on-screen relationship with Dominik Mysterio.

She responded:

Not many people could be in a relationship through that. If the roles were reversed I don't think I could either. I get jealous real bad.

Ripley continued:

(Matthews) is so chill with it and like, he loves Dom as well. They had the storyline before where he was dating his sister, Aalyah. He doesn't mind at all, which is amazing, because it makes my life at home and work so much easier.
When asked about women she looked up to growing up, Ripley first mentioned her mother before talking about Beth Phoenix.

Ripley said:

Mom would definitely be one and then also with WWE, Beth Phoenix. She's just so amazing and seeing her be different in a time when it was hard to be different, it was inspiring, it really was.
Ripley continued to say it's "wild" to think about her inspiring young girls in the same way Phoenix inspired her.

That's one thing that I really do love about this job is I love hearing the stories of people that get inspired by us to then be confident in their own bodies.

Ripley was asked about her social media presence, which had been particularly active as of late.

She said:

To be honest, I don't really think about it that much. I hate social media, I'm sorry.
I'm someone that is so against social media but it's such a great platform for what we do so we need it. So when I'm home, I try and relax.
Ripley was also asked to give her Mount Rushmore of WWE women. She responded that in addition to herself, she'd include Bianca Belair, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte Flair.

Bianca, love Bianca. Probably Becky, right now we've got beef but I'll go (with) Becky. And my arch-nemesis, Charlotte.

Eerie_Cherub

Reaction score
I liked the part where she elaborated on the Maxxine Dupri situation. She knows what it feels like to be a newcommer with a love of the sport with a drive to prove everyone wrong. But even just a small group of people insulting your work can still feel incredibly hurtful.

Let's say you're a singer and you're performing at a rock venue and a bunch of people in the crowd who have never heard you before are dully unimpressed and desperate to make sure you know it.

The feeling can be absolutely crippling to one's self esteem. You also never know who could have trauma stemming from bullying or something similar. We're all humans and just having thicker skin isn't really a catch all solution.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
When asked about women she looked up to growing up, Ripley first mentioned her mother before talking about Beth Phoenix.
As if I needed even more reasons to hold her in high regards :proud

• Love
Reactions: #Waddles