Rey/Jericho... Great choice of feud

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Just wanted to give props to WWE on this feud. They could’ve easily just put both men into the title picture, and made it some sort of fatal four way. They also could’ve put Jericho in the title picture (WHC that is) and made it a triple threat. They didn’t though. It’s just refreshing to see. They realise they have a pretty good feud in Edge/Hardy and it’s actually better as a one on one, because that way it can be personal, and it doesn’t need to be a clusterfuck with 4 guys in it. So they stick to a Rey/Jericho feud, which should deliver some great matches, and overall help the IC title scene. It really is just simple, yet good, booking.
Everyone else like this feud?

Klide

I like and dislike many things about this fued actually. as u said I like how wwe handle d this making it just one on one instead of a triple threat or even a fatel four(btw when was the last fatel four way match for the title??) and how it would benifit the intercontinental championship scene but Im dispointed that hardy is against edge again this rivalry is a cheasy version of the orton-mcmahon And after hardy it's most likely going to be cm punk next in line and I really wanted a Jericho edge rivalry after Jericho got drafted to SD!

MikeRaw

I like and dislike many things about this fued actually. as u said I like how wwe handle d this making it just one on one instead of a triple threat or even a fatel four(btw when was the last fatel four way match for the title??) and how it would benifit the intercontinental championship scene but Im dispointed that hardy is against edge again this rivalry is a cheasy version of the orton-mcmahon And after hardy it's most likely going to be cm punk next in line and I really wanted a Jericho edge rivalry after Jericho got drafted to SD!

But dude, why waste a feud like Jericho vs Edge now? What would you rather see? Them waste a Jericho/Edge feud by making it a cheesy, fatal 4 way match, that is only about the title, or would you rather them tdo the Hardy/Edeg feud now, which will at leats have some good matches, and then have them do a single, one on one feud between Jericho and Edge, at some point over the summer or fall? I know I would.
There's no point in wasting Jericho/Edge now. If you do that, you don't get Rey/Jericho, and Edge vs Jericho would be a rushed feud. If you wait, like they are, you're able to have a kickass Jericho vs Mysterio feud, and Hardy/Edge sort of eats time away until we get either Edge/Punk or Jericho/Punk.

Klide

^Yeah dude I guess your right it should take time no rush lol

The Rated R CMStar

Besides I fail to see how edge vs hardy and Orton vs McMahon are even similiar

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm just disappointed this wont be a WrestleMania match (can't see it even reviving after it's over, and no way they use an upper-midcard feud through the entire year).

Nonetheless, I'm happy as fuck to see Jericho and Mysterio working together again. No chance in hell that these matches wont be incredible and should spark some memories from their WCW days.

razaki

Reaction score
I didn't see the first hour of smackdown, but the only thing about the feud that even remotely disappoints me is that it seemed like they might be teasing a Morrison/Jericho feud last week, and I was looking forward to that.

If they are indeed going Jericho/Mysterio, though, there should be some awwwwesome matches coming in the future.

noumenon

I love it and hate it at the same time.
Back in WCW Jericho/Mysterio was gold... with Jericho in his old gimmick. With his current Honest Man gimmick I'm really not sure how this will play out. I also don't like that this is taking place with Rey holding the IC title. I really don't think Jericho needs to be around that title right now. There is a lot of younger talent waiting to break out that should be going for Rey while he has the strap, not Jericho. I know these guys will have some amazing matches, I just don't want Jericho to get caught up in the IC title scene for too long right now.
I'm also a bit upset that they didn't build Jericho/Morrison, instead it culminated with a match on Superstars? Boo.
I'm sure Jericho will be gold on the mic as always and the matches will be great. I'm just kind of hoping for this to be a 2 PPV feud tops. JD just a regular match....and the following for the IC title, with Rey winning and Jericho moving on to other things.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
from what ive read i think wwe is going to make this a long feud..and i love it! great promos, matches, classic heel vs face..i also agree to do this match first and save edge vs y2j for later use..i see this feud ending at summerslam in a ladder match,

seX-Power

I'm looking forward to the feud, but I'm really looking forward to the matches. I'm not sure if they'll have a match at JD but they should so the feud can be elevated to an awesome gimmick match at Extreme Rules, possibly a ladder match. (pwnage)

My only gripe is the IC title being involved but I could see Jericho costing Rey the title to further the feud, to someone like Mike Knox or Dolph Ziggler.

Wrestling Station

What I think is that when the time comes for Jericho vs Edge feud (heel vs heel) which will be abit odd tbh, so they will insert Taker into it and he will be the face working alone against the two at the end leading to the WM retirement match for Taker (Taker vs Jericho).

phantomgerald

Everything they did the week before before went out of the window though. I thought they would have went with Morrison/Jericho and I thought Rey/Jericho came out of nowhere and I don't understand why at all, at least for now.

And I disagree with you saying Punk is next in line. He's got to deal with Umaga, which I don't think will be done in a PPV. Jericho can face Hardy if Hardy wins. As for Edge/Jericho, I think heel heat will make fans cheer for Edge, and I don't think WWE wants that.

Kaedon

Reaction score
No chance in hell that these matches wont be incredible

Abso-fuckin-lutely. If we cant have a good cruiserweight division, lets at least have a good throwback match.

LKP

I like the fact that they are feuding but i think ti should have happened on raw. Only good thing really is that like i have said a million times smackdown is a wrestling show so it helps with this feud. I think Rey will over Jericho in this feud cause of the Hispanic ratings etc. but i think Jericho should win it and then fight taker he then has a bit of momentum. I do think that we will see at least two good matches from these two int he coming weeks.

Airfixx

The whole Morrison situation with Y2J kinda mirrors the MVP v Orton deal over on Raw.... Just a nice rub that seems, in both cases, to have had the desired effect. They've been booked almost identically save for the way Shelton cost Morrison against Jericho.

...And considering Jericho & Rey bucked heads two weeks in a row now the foundations were there so it does make sense. My only grumble is that Rey's presense at ringside during the Hardy/Y2J match was extremely tenuous (I mean, Jeff beats Rey in a contendershp match and now all of a sudden Rey's got his back?).

Fued should be sweet.... Matches no doubt will be book as as long as they keep it simple on the mic for Rey the cword will get right behind it.

What I see happening....

JDay doesn't go well for Y2J. Jericho costs Rey the IC belt during a match with Ziggler on SD forcing a stip re-match @ 'Extreme Rules'.

Re: Above mention of Punk.... Stand by for similar.... Match vs Umaga @ JDay, x-treme rematch at 'ERules'.... Then contendership and multi-man matches to follow through the summer.