Resident Evil General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
That item management between Claire and Chris was quite bad and confusing, one of the many reasons why I dislike CV.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I pound the table on this constantly, if there's one game that desperately needs a remake, it's Code: Veronica.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Like could you imagine an RE-engine version of Wesker? :banderas:

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
SW is lots of fun so far. Sure they recycle a lot of places from the main game but with just enough twists to make it interesting. Playing as Ada feels smoother too.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Voice acting is still mediocre at best though.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Finished Code Veronica. Definitely a much smoother playthrough, although I did still die to Alexia a couple times at the end. Thankfully it just restarts you right before the boss fight starts, so that's nice. I think my favourite part of the game is the first half with Claire. I think it's the most consistent and enjoyable with the best atmosphere, plus I just love playing as her. Some of the antarctica sections are where this game could definitely benefit from a remake. Although I do like the part where the Mansion Hall from RE1 is recreated. All in all, it's a great game that just has some questionable design choices you need to be mindful of like the switching of characters where items can be left behind for a while if you don't store it and not being too wasteful with ammo.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
RE.png

Finally got myself some Resident Evil games on my Steam account. I'm really looking forward to playing through these classics again on PC.

Reactions: Butters

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
You know I'm a fan of RE4 when I play the PC, PS2 and Remake versions all at the same time. :lol Thought it'd be fun to compare each one to see the differences, it really makes you appreciate the visual leap between the versions. Especially the Remake, which just looks crazy when you start playing it right after seeing the original's visuals. After playing the HD versions for so long, it felt so strange playing the PS2 again, especially at its native resolution. I do think in a way though it has a charm about it, much like the old RE games on PS1. I think it makes the Village section a bit creepier. I do think it's impressive what they were able to achieve with the hardware, I still think it's one of the best looking PS2 games.

Also I played some Outbreak, which is I think one of the most underrated games in the series. I love the different variety of characters and abilities with them having certain strengths. It makes it fun to do different playthroughs. The level design itself was also really neat. It's also quite a difficult game.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
Even though I own the game on Xbox Series X, I decided to pick up RE4 Remake on PS5 because I own every single RE game on both playstation and xbox(double dipper) and I wanted to have the game for when i get PSVR2.

I just finished chapter 2 of the game and I gotta say it's way better on PS5 than it is on Xbox. Not gameplay wise or anything its about the same but the damn controller speaker and vibrations are killing it. Both PS5 and Switch have done amazing improvements with the rumble features while Xbox seems to be pretty basic with it.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I'm going to share my cheat sheets that I use for the game. I recommend obviously playing for real the first time but you paid for the game do whatever you want :shrug: I just use these when I'm trying to kill some shit and have fun without thinking too hard about it.

kvFJtnT.png

QWckFon.png

xBPTneN.jpg

JLXadgE.png

uwayM8a.png

XuMx9LE.png

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
For some reason the only puzzles I always struggle with are the electronic terminals in RE4

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I don't think any are that complicated but it's nice to have a guide to just blaze through it. The hardest one for me is the hexagon puzzle in RE4 remake lately. I just don't have the patience :lol

Also an update, since buying RE4 on PS5, I have unlocked all the weapons and attires. The only thing really holding me back from a platinum I think is the shooting range(i just don't wanna do it) and beating Del Lago without missing a harpoon. I've watched youtube vids that make it look easy as hell but I just can't do it :shrug:

Last edited:

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler