Report: Randy Orton Signs 10-Year Contract With WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Randy Orton has signed a new long-term contract with World Wrestling Entertainment, reportedly for ten years.

He has also received a $600,000 payday for working the main event of last year's WrestleMania pay-per-view.

WOW!!! Not sure what WWE is doing here other than locking up one of their top talents, but WOW!!! And the 600k payday for the main event, again, wow!

What you guys think of this new 10 year agreement?

As for me, I don't care how good WWE gets, I would not ever have signed that because in the wrestling business, you just never know what could change or happen.

Wordlife

Quite interesting, 10 years? Hmm... does anyone know the current contract of Cena?

The Rated R CMStar

I believe he had signed also a 10 year deal, with 5 guaranteed championship reigns

noumenon

I remember hearing this last year... so I think it may just be old news popping up. $600,000 for a match....shit. That's higher than a TNA main eventers yearly salary.

Reaction score
I was talking about the extreme paydays from WM in some other thread, they are indeed very, very nice, hence why Triple H is always in a title match. Also a reason Austin refused to work with Hogan, to fuck him out of a big payday.

Good for Randy, he is already poised himself as a cornerstone of the company and has plenty in the tank. He is a versatile character than will be able to do anything that is thrown on his plate. WWE should also lock up Cena, Punk and Edge with long deals.

The Rated R CMStar

*waits for some ultra TNA fan to say this happened because Bischoff and Hogan claimed they wanted Randy in TNA

noumenon

The guys is getting $600,000 for a SINGLE MATCH.

Sting, who last time I checked last year was TNA's highest paid talent makes $500,000 A YEAR!

I don't think WWE was in any danger of losing Orton.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah a lot of you don't like him but he IS one of the cornerstones of the WWE after Taker/HBK/HHH/Batista are gone. Like it or not, he's WWE 4-Life, and it's good because in my opinion he's one of the best they have.