Repackaging Lashley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
First off I wanna say his feud with Cena is the perfect time to turn heel. He seems like he'd be much better at it then as a face, could definetly generate heel heat with the same character as Lesnar. I wouldnt give him a mouthpeice, just have him only cut promos when his rival is doing it as well (no solo promos), he'd have to be talking, responding to them, if not they'd be horrific.

Facial Hair (5 o clock shadow), and hair like Shad Gaspards. This gives him a more rugged look, not a baby look.

A Big Tatoo on his chest. Makes him look meaner.

Make him use his suplexes more, hes really not all that bad in the ring if he's going at a fast pace either.

This will definetly help Lashley much more and the heel heat will be incredible, although some of it will be "xpac heat" alot of people really like Lashley and a heel turn will make them hate him like they do Edge so to speak.

MikeRaw

I wouldnt mind that...However I dont want him to be a monster heel like Smitsky lol.Id make him sort of stay how he is but change his look and make him a tweener/heel....I think it would work.

phantomgerald

I don't mind I guess, but I don't think there are enough main eventing faces at Raw at the moment. Unless they get more faces in Raw, I don't think he'll turn face.

Reaction score
Cena is the one that's gonna turn heel.....did you guys see that smirk on his face at the end of Raw last night??? gut feeling that's what's gonna happen.....and it'll be good for Raw

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Iam a fan of Lashley as there are very little people in professional wrestling that big and strong and yet that agile, the guy is alot more talented than people give him credit for.

I would do 2 things to help Lashley.

1. Give him a freaking mouthpeice, a guy like Daivari would be a good fit here.

2. Give him a better finish the spear gets over used way to much and the running powerslam isn't cutting it.

Basically get him over the same way they did Lesnar, but we all know the RAW creative are that moronic that will never relise that Lashley could be so much better...

3lions

Reaction score
If WWE were going to turn Lashley heel and slightly re-package him, then those possibilities could be good. Facial hair would make him look more rugged so would help his new heel persona. He could step into a feud with a returning Triple H, gaining him heel heta straight away. He should also do away with his current entrance music, which is too ECW-esque. A theme similar to Lesnar's would be fitting of his new persona. It would be easy to make him Lesnar V2.0, but the imilarities should be kept to a minimum. Also, his in-ring style should change slightly. He should maintain his fast-paced, powerful style, but add more of his amateur style to his game, as he is very talented in that area. I would also bring in a mouthpiece for him. Who? I don't know. T.Long could be a good choice, if/when he is removed as GM of SD!.

Nation

Lashley shouldn't not get any push or be repackaged. Kinda funny how the wwe defends themselves in the steroid situation and then they continue to push lashley. Just look at lashley clearly he is on steroids and if he's not he still looks like he is.

reaction

Reaction score
sounds better then his crappy charecter he has (barely a charecter i must add)

Truth

Reaction score
The 10 Burning Questions on WWE.COM showcase Lashley talking like a heel, I think its eminent and will happen at Great American Bash. He will probably lose and then kick Cena's ass afterwards. Then a re-match at Summerslam where he wins.

But if they just turn him heel and dont repackage his apperance its not gonna work as well. The idea of T.Long being hte mouthpeice for Lashley is kindof good but at the same time bad because they should establish his mic skills now. He wont need to cut long, great promos just start off with short stuff like Samoa Joe and then progress from there, look how its improved Joes mic skills, used to suck now hes good.

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
his entrance is weak, it has to go no matter what angle he pursues... and his mic work is HORRENDOUS, he could never get over as a heel simply because he can not cut a decent promo... I do think his ringwork is solid, and improving... but he needs literally HOURS in front of a mirror and with an acting and vocal coach to make him interesting... big dudes with no personality never main event for very long...

straight_edge76

I think Lashley would make a awesome Lesner-esque Heel. RAW needs a Monster type Heel to run the show, Lashley would be perfect! He has the size, strength, speed he just can either have a mouth piece or only do promo's with his opponents. He does need a Finisher/Theme Music change I agree, I think some facial hair would fit his new character also, possibly a TKO or somethin' like that to fit the monster Heel character

3lions

Reaction score
Obviously, Lashley's biggest drawback is his mic skills. Solution: either give him a mouthpiece, or force him to improve. Lashley wrestle's at house shows week in, week out. Instead of just wrestling, have him cut a promo EACH AND EVERY TIME. I don't care who you are, if you have to do something all the time, then you are going to improve.