Renee Young is leaving WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
She was trash on commentary, absolute trash. I won't hear anything different to that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
She was trash on commentary, absolute trash. I won't hear anything different to that.

I argue that it wouldn't have been as bad without the Corey heckling...but yeah she was still pretty trash

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
She was def at her best on shows like Talking Smack and Backstage when she had more freedom to just fuck around
One of the reasons why I tuned in for Talking Smack and Backstage because of her personality and ability on those things. I can honestly see other shows like ESPN and ABC would be interest in her. She is too good at her job.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Her strength has always been doing interviews and being the host/moderator on shows like Talkin Smack and Backstage.

It's unfortunate that Renee is leaving WWE but this was coming eventually, regardless of what Moxley is doing. Shes too talented and valuable to be in the spot that shes now in in the WWE. Unfortunately Backstage was canceled and so that put her in a weird spot. Maybe WWE saw this coming and they were avoiding using Renee for other things, I don't know.

Whatever Renee does in the future, I wish her all the best.

Last edited:

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I hope she doesn't decide to go to AEW and commentate there. As a MuchMusic VJ and backstage interviewer, she did a great job. As a commentator, she was absolute garbage. I never felt bad when the guys cut her off numerous times. She added nothing of value. She sometimes rambled on instead of calling the matches. She didn't have the skills to call matches, and, she had plenty of time to improve but didn't. Takes quicker thinking to call a match than to read a telepromptor/remember a few lines when doing backstage interviews.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I hope she doesn't decide to go to AEW and commentate there. As a MuchMusic VJ and backstage interviewer, she did a great job. As a commentator, she was absolute garbage. I never felt bad when the guys cut her off numerous times. She added nothing of value. She sometimes rambled on instead of calling the matches. She didn't have the skills to call matches, and, she had plenty of time to improve but didn't. Takes quicker thinking to call a match than to read a telepromptor/remember a few lines when doing backstage interviews.

Yeah if(or well when) she ends up in AEW, I pray they use her in a backstage interviewer role. If done right, I also would not be against her being with Mox on screen, but that's if they both want it, and it can be done right, but I'm not sure I trust them to do it right and it not be annoying haha. So, hopefully she just gets into the role she's good at, interviewing people.

Reactions: Lady Redfield

Ace

Reaction score
Mox and Renee won't work as a partnership. It's weird since they're obv married but I don't think they'd work on screen since Mox has his badass lone wolf vibe and Renee is super bubbly. I don't think she has it in her to be a mox-esque manager.

Reactions: Lady Redfield