Renee Pacquette on Jon Moxley's return promo and Bully Ray

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
paq-moxjpeg.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

During her SiriusXM "Throwing Down" show with Miesha Tate, Renee Paquette discussed her thoughts on husband Jon Moxley's return to AEW last Wednesday and expounded on her thoughts regarding Bully Ray's recent suggestion that Moxley apologize to fans.

She said to see Moxley out there and to get the feedback of how much his promo touched people was "really, really cool" and that to "have that vulnerability, he’s a special guy."

"He’s got such a way with words. He’s obviously an incredible wrestler, an incredible person, an incredible man. I could not be more proud of him. I could not love this guy anymore so to see him out there doing that was so great," she said.

Following the promo, Bully Ray suggested on Busted Open Radio that Moxley should have apologized to fans during his promo for taking time off to enter rehab for alcohol addiction.

Paquette said that she was annoyed that she even had to address his comments because it would give them more attention, but that when it comes talking about her family, it becomes personal.

These were Paquette's first full comments since her initial tweet that it was a bad take.

"You talk sh*t about my husband? You talk sh*t about my family? That becomes personal to me and that bothers me more. It also bothers me because Bully is somebody who I’ve always really enjoyed, I have always really liked Bully. I have said I have had a good relationship with him despite other people not having a good relationship with him or him having burned bridges other places and leaving a bad taste in other people’s mouths," she said.

Paquette said the former WWE and ECW star has both her and Moxley's number, but hasn't called to apologize for his "sh*t take" or discuss it further. She pointed out that both men were at the same Northeast Wrestling event Saturday and that Bully Ray never talked to him.

Tate asked if this was some sort of angle leading to a match. Paquette said it wasn't and that Moxley didn't have any idea what Bully Ray said until 10 PM that day.

She is proud of what Moxley did, given the past stigmas about taking time off for addiction issues and mental health.

"It has been a thing that has affected the business for such a long time. It’s a stigma that comes with the business so the fact that Jon is one of those guys in the spot that he’s in and he’s going against the grain and doing the things that he needs to do, I think speaks volumes to not just the fans, but the people inside the business, to the other boys and girls in the back that might be going through a similar thing. This happens to so many people and it’s unfortunately so common, so he went and did what he had to do and no apologies necessary," she said.

Reactions: Rosie

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
To quote the GCW Crowd "Fuck Bully Ray"

FJ1lBfLXwAQN7EU.jpg

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
So Jon should apologize to the fans for going to rehab and cleaning himself up? Nobody tell Bully that Gage never apologized, he would blow up.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bully Ray worked himself into an angle.....he's probably ramping it up on that radio show I never listen too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Roman in sports illustrated on the subject:

"...I think in this day and age, especially with how much awareness there is for mental health and taking care of yourself and prioritizing you, I don't think he owes anybody an apology. I think the fact that he was responsible enough to do what needed to be done and also not shy away from it, to help other people -- because you rarely talk about those people that are just 100% inspired and motivated by what Mox did -- and having that brutal honesty with himself and everyone for that matter, I don't think he owes anyone an apology," he said.

When asked about his thoughts on Seth Rollins mentioning Moxley recently on WWE tv, Reigns said that Rollins and Moxley are his brothers.

"I’ll always have a deep love and respect for both of those guys. Mox, me and him were super tight, within the Shield and maybe even a little bit closer. They (Moxley and Rollins) may have been super bonded through wrestling and what they had done at FCW wrestling and prior to WWE, but when it comes to whether we were wrestlers or not, me and Mox, we’re friends," he explained.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I loved the promo. It was very passionate, and it is not easy to get in front of a crowd & talk about that kinda stuff. And yeah, he doesn't need to apologize. He got himself help, which is another tough step to take. I have nothing but respect for him.

Reactions: Alexa