• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Remember WWF New York the restaurant?

Honestly, I always thought the WWF New York restaurant was a great idea and concept. It allowed for the mainstream audience to become fans, and it broadened the horizon for the company. I always thought it was cool how they would air the shows and then have a wrestler over at the restaurant. It gave the WWF that legitimacy factor of being an entertainment juggernaut and did nothing but build up the company and it's talent.

Haha Yes! I love it. I remember during the pay per views and stuff though they would have like one or two guys at the restaurant and JR and King would short interview them about like the main event or something. I remember one time Terri Runnels and Trish Stratus had a wet t shirt contest there lol. It was just a cool concept.

Postman Dave

I liked WWF new York/The World, decent idea. I guess it just wasn't profitable enough between the PPV appearances. A chain of similar venues around the world would be pretty cool.

I agree! I mean, even if you weren't necessarily a wrestling fan, the atmosphere was still cool and it was still a restaurant. But yeah I heard the food wasn't that great and was extremely over priced...but hey, what isn't overpriced in New York? lol

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I always thought WWF New York was a fantastic idea. How awesome would it be to be watching RAW or a PPV and have a superstar show up while you are eating? I still remember when the APA were at New York cutting a promo on those WCW leaches coming into their backyard and then Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo literally jumped them in their backyard. Bloody brilliant. I miss that concept a lot actually. One of the many missing elements since the early 2000s.