Remakes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

What are some remakes that were better/worse than the original?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Friday 13th
Halloween both sucked!

Evil Dead was as good as the original.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for the 3DS

Better:
-Visual
-Sound quality
-Handheld

Worst:
-3D effects were pretty useless in my opinion
-A bit hard to fight bosses on a small screen
-Character designs looked to blocky

Overall think it was a successful remake, the mistakes aren't to bad of a mistake to stop me from enjoying the game.

Star Fox 64 for the 3DS is the same experience I have for the Nintendo 64, so same level of gaming to me.

Pokemon Red vs FireRed

I personally think FireRed is better than Red. Updated graphics, better sound, updated Pokemon stats and other minor stuff like the trainer rechallenge item.

Reactions: Butters!

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
I personally think FireRed is better than Red. Updated graphics, better sound, updated Pokemon stats and other minor stuff like the trainer rechallenge item.

That's because the first Pokemon game was terrible, I was actually going to post this but you beat me to it.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Shadow warrior really lived up to it's remake. I enjoyed it.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
That's because the first Pokemon game was terrible, I was actually going to post this but you beat me to it.
At the time it wasn't really terrible. It was just half ass at parts, but overall it was a good past time game. After beating the Pokemon League though, there's wasn't much to do too.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
At the time it wasn't really terrible. It was just half ass at parts, but overall it was a good past time game. After beating the Pokemon League though, there's wasn't much to do too.

It was so bad! :p even back then they could have done much better.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Evil Dead was as good as the original.
Err what?? you mean the one that just came out recently.. I beg to differ STRONGLY if that's what you meant haha.
Evil Dead original > >>>>>> MILESSS AHEAD >>>>>>> the new one.

They're remaking RoboCop and it looks super intense, probably going to be better if not as good as the original.

Total Recall, first of all this movie was shitty to begin with, why they want to remake all of these movies is beyond me.. but anyway the remake was just completely attrocious. Even with the promising cast they just liek completely failed imo, 4/10 easily.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Err what?? you mean the one that just came out recently.. I beg to differ STRONGLY if that's what you meant haha.
Evil Dead original > >>>>>> MILESSS AHEAD >>>>>>> the new one.

They're remaking RoboCop and it looks super intense, probably going to be better if not as good as the original.

Total Recall, first of all this movie was shitty to begin with, why they want to remake all of these movies is beyond me.. but anyway the remake was just completely attrocious. Even with the promising cast they just liek completely failed imo, 4/10 easily.
Woah woah woah! You're saying the original total recall was shitty? I've got three words for you: Three titted alien. Nuff said!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Woah woah woah! You're saying the original total recall was shitty? I've got three words for you: Three titted alien. Nuff said!
I mean it was an entertaining movie for early 90s, I'm also not a fan of Schwarzenegger either (although I did like T1, T2, Commando, select few others). But idk I rewatched it back in like 09.. and it was like mind numbing to force myself through it.. until it got to the part where we saw his vinegar strokes..

d331e595755bb6dce9e38d8c3628d912.jpg

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I mean it was an entertaining movie for early 90s, I'm also not a fan of Schwarzenegger either (although I did like T1, T2, Commando, select few others). But idk I rewatched it back in like 09.. and it was like mind numbing to force myself through it.. until it got to the part where we saw his vinegar strokes..

d331e595755bb6dce9e38d8c3628d912.jpg
Not a fan of Arnold?!?! I don't think we can be friends anymore :upset:

Reactions: Swift

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not a fan of Arnold?!?! I don't think we can be friends anymore :upset:
Haha yeah, lol I mean I've seen dozens of his movies don't get me wrong they're entertaining it's just like.. Idk he's not that good I guess, the action & stunts make up for what he lacks in the acting department.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Him being a big part of that dreadful Batman & Robin movie with Clooney by Shumacher didn't really help either. Although that wasn't all his fault ;)

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Him being a big part of that dreadful Batman & Robin movie with Clooney by Shumacher didn't really help either. Although that wasn't all his fault ;)
Oh come on, his one liners in that movie are fantastic. I dare you not to smile during them lol.