Reinvent the US Championship.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Draine said:
Great, great stuff, you guys are brilliant.

I'd add some stipulations to just give some meaning to the belt. For example...
-Holding the belt guarantees you either a match or a promo segment on Raw every week.
-While holding the belt, you can't compete for any other titles.
-The person holding the belt makes 1.5 times as much money per match. (Kayfabe reason for the superstars to care)
-The belt must be defended at each PPV, and if you defend it at 6 straight PPV's, then you get a WWE/WHC shot at the PPV of your choice in the next year.

I like it. Makes the belt mean something and give a kayfabe reason for superstars to go after the title other than recognition and things like that. WWE should do this.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Draine said:
Great, great stuff, you guys are brilliant.

I'd add some stipulations to just give some meaning to the belt. For example...
-Holding the belt guarantees you either a match or a promo segment on Raw every week.
-While holding the belt, you can't compete for any other titles.
-The person holding the belt makes 1.5 times as much money per match. (Kayfabe reason for the superstars to care)
-The belt must be defended at each PPV, and if you defend it at 6 straight PPV's, then you get a WWE/WHC shot at the PPV of your choice in the next year.

Very good stipulations. I like the fact that you've added a Kayfabe, that would actually make the title more respectable as people would want to go for it as there's 'money' there (kayfabe wise.)

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I enjoyed both your stories, although I disagree with Drew winning the title, it was a good story nonetheless. I'll avoid a Brodus/Tensai story since that's already been covered. Would be awesome though.

A fatal 4-way is held on the Raw after ER between Ziggler, Santino, Brodus and Swagger. It turns into a 2 on 2 basically, then after Brodus and Santino face off. Brodus knocks down Santino, he's about to bounce off the ropes to hit his finisher but Ziggler and Swagger pull it down then get to work on him. They then start to beat down on Santino, then the usual procedure with the pin then falling out etc.

It then turns into a proper fatal 4 way between them all, at the end Swagger and Brodus are in the ring, Brodus about to beat him but then tensai comes out and destroys Brodus and locks in the claw, leaving him outside the ring - they then go on to have a fued for whatever reason. It breaks into a fight between Ziggler and Santino, Santino goes for Cobra, Ziggler hits Zig-Zag. Wins title.

The following weeks Ziggler cuts promos on how he's a proper US champion and not a joke like Santino. Then he beats Santino cleanly at Over the Limit.

The weeks after he cuts a promo in which he ditches Vickie, saying that he's doing fine on his own. He thanks her for her help though so he doesn't get cheers for it.

The next week Ziggler beats Santino again, after kicking out from a cobra. He then cuts a promo on how he will be unbeatable a US champion, then suddenly Rey Mysterio's music hit, Ziggler faces the tron, Mysterio kicks him from behind the gives him the 619. After this he holds up the title.

(Mysterio's return will have been used for a fued with Del Rio between ER and OTL, with Rey getting revenge for ADR injuring him.)

Rey comes out the next week cutting a promo on how he plans to win the title, Ziggler comes out to the ring and starts slagging him.

Next week as Rey is walking out to the ring for his match with Ziggler, Dolph then runs out and gives him a zig zag on the ramp, showing a more aggresive side.

At No Way Out Ziggler gets disqualified via Lowblow when Rey jumps for the second half of the 619, he retains the championship.

The next week Rey requests a rematch, Ziggler then goes onto say he won't give him a rematch because he's Mexican, and shouldn't be allowed to hold the US championship. Johnny agrees.

Next week Rey moans about not being allowed a rematch, Johnny gives him a chance. In a no DQ handicap vs Henry and Ziggler. Ziggler is in the ring dominating Rey. Then out of nowhere out comes Alberto Del Rio with Ricardo Rodriguez, Ricardo jumps and hits Henry who's on the apron, Henry then chases him backstage Del rio runs in and starts laying into Ziggler, Rey then kicks him into the ropes and beats him via 619. Rey and Del Rio stare at each other, Rey looking confused at what just happened.

Del Rio the next week explains his actions, saying that he did it for Mexico - cementing his face turn. Johnny then comes out and says that Del Rio will team with Rey tonight to face Ziggler and his partner of choice, who turns out to be Miz . Del Rio wins it for the team forcing Ziggler to tap.

Week after Johnny announces that at Money in the Bank it will now be a triple threat between Rey, Ziggler and the Miz, since he impressed him in the tag match. Rey then points out that Miz lost in the tag match, whereas the winner of the match ADR isn't added. Johnny then says if ADR can beat The Miz then he will get in - the stipulation, there is no DQ for the Miz, whereas there is DQ for ADR.

ADR wins against Miz after Miz removes the turnbuckle cover, picks up ADR to throw him off it, ADR slides off, pushes him off it and then forces him to tap via armbar. Ziggler comes out and hits him with the Zig Zag, saying "This is my title".

Ziggler goes on to win the F4W.

Ziggler then goes on to have a singles fued with Del Rio, with Del Rio eventually beating him. After that Del Rio can fued with Dean Ambrose who then goes on to win it and fued with Christian at 'Mania.

What's everyones thoughts on this?:)

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Really like the idea Albin. Somehow I think Del Rio would be more enjoyable as a face.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Absolutely love that idea Albin, but I'd no way put Miz AND Ziggler in the division both eventually jobbing. I'd replace Ziggler with Cody and have it play out the exact same but have it as Otunga or someone to play Miz's part.

Eventually I'd have it as Rey winning, him & ADR become a team and help reinvent that division too (whilst Rey keeps on defending the US Championship etc). Loving the bias Johnny involvement too.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
I agree with Crayo. I wouldn't want to see Ziggler and The Miz job. Ziggler jobbing to Santino and Brodus was painful enough. I wouldn't mind seeing Rey as a Champion and teaming with ADR with them rev-inventing the Tag Team Division and the US Champion as a two in one, good idea.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Absolutely love that idea Albin, but I'd no way put Miz AND Ziggler in the division both eventually jobbing. I'd replace Ziggler with Cody and have it play out the exact same but have it as Otunga or someone to play Miz's part.

Eventually I'd have it as Rey winning, him & ADR become a team and help reinvent that division too (whilst Rey keeps on defending the US Championship etc). Loving the bias Johnny involvement too.

Yeah Miz wouldn't be the best idea possibly, he was just a name who came to my head.

I think it could help push Ziggler nearer the main-event, it's better than what he's doing at the moment. It would certainly build up his credibility after being buried by Punk.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I really like the storyline, Albin. Del Rio and Rey would save the tag division, Alberto would be face, what would help his career, Ziggler is pushed and ditches Vickie... awesome.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
Yeah Miz wouldn't be the best idea possibly, he was just a name who came to my head.

I think it could help push Ziggler nearer the main-event, it's better than what he's doing at the moment. It would certainly build up his credibility after being buried by Punk.

It probably would help Ziggler because all he needs is air-time, like Rhodes did. Give Ziggler constant air time to wrestle better than anyone else and speak on the mic, he'll get over. Ditching Vickie is a spot on idea, something we've all called on for ages. Jobbing in the midcard isn't always a bad thing, Miz jobbed to Bryan then won the WWE title. As long as he's in the ME the following night/week then Ziggler jobbing isn't a bad idea. Miz dropping down is though imo, but yeah, it was a random name, Riley could take his place (as heel).

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It probably would help Ziggler because all he needs is air-time, like Rhodes did. Give Ziggler constant air time to wrestle better than anyone else and speak on the mic, he'll get over. Ditching Vickie is a spot on idea, something we've all called on for ages. Jobbing in the midcard isn't always a bad thing, Miz jobbed to Bryan then won the WWE title. As long as he's in the ME the following night/week then Ziggler jobbing isn't a bad idea. Miz dropping down is though imo, but yeah, it was a random name, Riley could take his place (as heel).

Yep. I was actually thinking of adding in that Ziggler would face the WWE champion at the time and take him to the limit one night, but didn't think it had any relevance to the fued.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Having the US Champion take the WWE Champion to the limit would be a good move for the division.

Yeah. Only problem is, that wouldn't be really good to the wwe champ if the us champ is a comedy character like today. But I think a face midcard champ taking a heel world champ to the limit looks better than the opposite.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leo C said:
Yeah. Only problem is, that wouldn't be really good to the wwe champ if the us champ is a comedy character like today. But I think a face midcard champ taking a heel world champ to the limit looks better than the opposite.

I think it'd work either way, face or heel, but you're right - a comedy actor shouldn't be taking a legitimate champion to the limit and they're not doing that at the moment which is one good thing. However, if there was a dominant US champion, like a Ziggler for example, then it should be the opposite. It should be a close match which serves its purpose - the champion winning as he's the better man, and the US champion proving he has a massive future ahead of him.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I think it'd work either way, face or heel, but you're right - a comedy actor shouldn't be taking a legitimate champion to the limit and they're not doing that at the moment which is one good thing. However, if there was a dominant US champion, like a Ziggler for example, then it should be the opposite. It should be a close match which serves its purpose - the champion winning as he's the better man, and the US champion proving he has a massive future ahead of him.

Exactly. That match that Punk had with Ziggler on Raw back at last year? Just great. If we saw more of that the title would have more value.