reigns is ruinin the buisness

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Reigns has had everything handed to him, when he said AJ Styles earned his respect I had to cringe, Styles has been in the buisiness way longer than Reigns, Roman is talking like a fool. He's talking to a motherfucking professional who got to the top the right way, unlike Reigns who just has to look pretty, smile and wear suits at press conferences. This ain't right.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Reigns has had everything handed to him, when he said AJ Styles earned his respect I had to cringe, Styles has been in the buisiness way longer than Reigns, Roman is talking like a fool. He's talking to a motherfucking professional who got to the top the right way, unlike Reigns who just has to look pretty, smile and wear suits at press conferences. This ain't right.
You are a mark

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Imagine taking a Tgmiveld thread seriously, but since I am here.....

have you gotten worked? Are we ignoring the years Roman spent in developmental? Working in front of crowds of 20-50 people, carrying the ring in and out of buildings, setting up chairs, handing out fliers on the street etc etc etc.

Not even touching on the 2, almost 3 years he spent as part of the Shield.

The "Roman did not pay his dues and was brought up the wrong way" myth is one of the biggest in professional wrestling today.
Yes Roman was placed in the main even scene post Shield, but so were the other 2 guys as well. Or is it okay for them because they had independent runs?

I'm not Roman's biggest fan. But lets not eat the stupid narrative that this dude just walked into a championship run because he looks pretty. This dude paid his dues just as much as anyone else there.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Imagine taking a Tgmiveld thread seriously, but since I am here.....

have you gotten worked? Are we ignoring the years Roman spent in developmental? Working in front of crowds of 20-50 people, carrying the ring in and out of buildings, setting up chairs, handing out fliers on the street etc etc etc.

Not even touching on the 2, almost 3 years he spent as part of the Shield.

The "Roman did not pay his dues and was brought up the wrong way" myth is one of the biggest in professional wrestling today.
Yes Roman was placed in the main even scene post Shield, but so were the other 2 guys as well. Or is it okay for them because they had independent runs?

I'm not Roman's biggest fan. But lets not eat the stupid narrative that this dude just walked into a championship run because he looks pretty. This dude paid his dues just as much as anyone else there.
Really? But that's it? Did he spend any time in the indies or local companies?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Really? But that's it? Did he spend any time in the indies or local companies?
Does having spent time on the indies matter? Last I checked that does not mean shit.

A career or "respect in the business" is not measured in the amount of places you have worked. Working a lot of places or having a long career before coming to the WWE does not equal paying your dues or earning the respect of the boys. They can go hand in hand a lot of times but it is not the only way.

AJ Styles probably had to go around the entire WWE roster and staff on his first day and shake everyone's hand. Because he was the newest guy in the company. He still has to earn respect and standing within the WWE.

Roman Reigns have paid his dues and is just as worthy of being top of the card as AJ Styles. Difference being that Roman did all that within the WWE system. He's been at the absolute shit bottom, working opening matches in the shitty little FCW gym in front of 20 people. He's carried bags for older wrestlers, set up chairs, set up rings, driven cars across the country countless of times etc etc etc.

Locker room respect and worthiness is earned in willingness to work. Not in championship runs or having worked every little shitty southern indy in the US.

Unlike what people believe it is perfectly fine and okay to have your entire career within the WWE system.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
If was was universally liked by fans and wrestling writers people would not complain about paying his dues or not

What dues did Styles pay when he pretty much walked into new Japan and Beat Okada for the main belt in his first match?

Reactions: Stopspot

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
What the fuck changes at the end of the day?

"at the end of the day its cena all ova again"
Is it not Cena all over again during the day?

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
dolphziggle can kiss it. i use to sticth that lad up like a kipper. plays to a audience of 1

orton paid his dues. the lad had to prove himself and he did. but the suits fucked it up. they went with cena. and look at them now.

and guess what. there doin the same thing here. owens and rollins are better than reigns. they understad the art of wrestling. to understand wrestlin you have to watch 25 hours a week. i watch all the matches back on vhs. thats why i know so much.

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
styles does wat says on the tin. wrestle

bryain does wat says on the tin. wrestle

reigns doesnt do wat it says on the tin. wrestle

at the end of the daty, its as simple as that lads

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
you lads need to get out of your own way.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Does having spent time on the indies matter? Last I checked that does not mean shit.

A career or "respect in the business" is not measured in the amount of places you have worked. Working a lot of places or having a long career before coming to the WWE does not equal paying your dues or earning the respect of the boys. They can go hand in hand a lot of times but it is not the only way.

AJ Styles probably had to go around the entire WWE roster and staff on his first day and shake everyone's hand. Because he was the newest guy in the company. He still has to earn respect and standing within the WWE.

Roman Reigns have paid his dues and is just as worthy of being top of the card as AJ Styles. Difference being that Roman did all that within the WWE system. He's been at the absolute shit bottom, working opening matches in the shitty little FCW gym in front of 20 people. He's carried bags for older wrestlers, set up chairs, set up rings, driven cars across the country countless of times etc etc etc.

Locker room respect and worthiness is earned in willingness to work. Not in championship runs or having worked every little shitty southern indy in the US.

Unlike what people believe it is perfectly fine and okay to have your entire career within the WWE system.
....I'm just gonna walk out of this topic before Neptune starts laughing at me

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Someone's doctor just prescribed them a higher dose of meds. Your Randy Orton question is pretty simply answered - didnt he fail his first wellness policy soon after he won? And isn't he universally hated in the locker room? Pretty simple deal there.

I'm not into reigns because of how quickly he needs his opponent to carry the match for him - which is why he was perfect as a shield member - but he deserves to be where he is for the most part.