Recommend Horror/Thriller/Sci-fi/Drama movies.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crash

Reaction score
This thread is to recommend movies that are related to Horror, Sci-fi, Thrillers or Crimes and mystery stuff...

I will start...

268x0w.png

This gem is not just a gore fest movie but is also a love story and goes in depth to what someone is willing to do for someone they love. The artifact found in the desert can be used to open the gates of hell, which are presented by the "cenobites" people who have died but are stuck in hell. I really love the special effects and the way the movie evolves, it's not too gory over the top and the actors are doing a very good work. I love the mystery of the box and the way Clive Barker's view of evil hellish people who come to just do pain and suffering to the people who dare challenge their force. It is one of my favorite movies and I never get bored when I rewatch it.

9/10

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
This thread is to recommend movies that are related to Horror, Sci-fi, Thrillers or Crimes and mystery stuff...

I will start...

268x0w.png

This gem is not just a gore fest movie but is also a love story and goes in depth to what someone is willing to do for someone they love. The artifact found in the desert can be used to open the gates of hell, which are presented by the "cenobites" people who have died but are stuck in hell. I really love the special effects and the way the movie evolves, it's not too gory over the top and the actors are doing a very good work. I love the mystery of the box and the way Clive Barker's view of evil hellish people who come to just do pain and suffering to the people who dare challenge their force. It is one of my favorite movies and I never get bored when I rewatch it.

9/10

I concur. Of all the Hellraiser films, I would say this one was among the very best. It had mystique, a dark sense of purpose and a high level of suspense. The others had their good points, but Hellraiser came through for its originality and excelent use of lighting, location and sinister charm.

One question, the guy who Frank was trying to suck dry, whom Kirsty briefly meets in the corridor before Frank finishes him off, is said to be decomposed? Is this accurate? I'd like to know because physiological changes aren't my forte.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
I concur. Of all the Hellraiser films, I would say this one was among the very best. It had mystique, a dark sense of purpose and a high level of suspense. The others had their good points, but Hellraiser came through for its originality and excelent use of lighting, location and sinister charm.

One question, the guy who Frank was trying to suck dry, whom Kirsty briefly meets in the corridor before Frank finishes him off, is said to be decomposed? Is this accurate? I'd like to know because physiological changes aren't my forte.

I can't answer your question, I'd have to watch the movie again. But I will say I love the first 4 movies a lot, they are the roots of the series, the other movies who came after are not very good, I have only seen 2 or 3 and they were not centered around the artifact or the cenobites. But more about some other crime stories which in the end involve the hellraisers.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Friday the 13th (Original), A Nightmare on Elm Street (Original), Halloween (Original), Black Christmas (Both), I Spit On Your Grave (All), The Last House On The Left (Original) The Hills Have Eyes (All), Slave, Grace, 31, IT (Both), Cube, and Oldboy (Original) are some that come to mind.

Reactions: Crash

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I can't answer your question, I'd have to watch the movie again. But I will say I love the first 4 movies a lot, they are the roots of the series, the other movies who came after are not very good, I have only seen 2 or 3 and they were not centered around the artifact or the cenobites. But more about some other crime stories which in the end involve the hellraisers.

True, I saw Inferno and have read the screenplay of Hell
Seeker, as well as seen clips of Deader. They could never hold a candle to the first four. Despite moments that showcased rhe gothic mysticism, they diverged from the plot.

Now, if I could give you my visual impression of the victim of Frank I was referring to, it would go something like this...

The skin seems to have to changed the point where his right eye has been covered by a deflated flap, the skin on the left side appears to have sunken into the skull, covering the left eye as well. The eyebrows are gone and the flesh beneath the skin seems to have thinned out.

From this description, what would you say was happening to the person?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I highly recommend the movie Maggie. It is a perfect blend of Horror and Drama, and it has Arnold Schwarzenegger playing more of a serious role and it is perfect. Also, this movie was referenced in Season 5, I think, of The Walking Dead.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I would also highly recommend anyone to watch The ABC's of Death as it is a brilliant movie and is a combination of 26 short Horror movies into one movie.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
The Prestige, The Matrix, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, Buried and Mom & Dad which is Nicholas Cage and the Love interest from Hellboy trying to kill kids.

Crash

Reaction score
Henryportrait.jpg

A very good portrayal of the lives and the evolution of 2 serial killers, you can follow them in their alcoholic regular daily lives and at the same time committing violent and vicious murders. The main actor Michael Rooker as Henry is legendary in this role, he hangs out with Otis and his sister Becky. Most of the time they hang out drinking beer and playing cards, Henry slowly develop a friendly relationship with Becky as they were both abused but their parents. Henry initiates Otis to killing, at first Otis is feeling bad about it but soon turns into a dangerous psychopath. I won't tell anything more for those who have never seen it, but this is a really amazing movie. Highly recommended.

8.5/10

Crash

Reaction score
MV5BYWNmZDU4MmYtYzE3NS00MjJiLTkxYjItMWJmNTUyYjMxZDY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I remember watching this movie as a kid and barely remembered it, but I always thought it was pretty good. I rewatched it last night for the first time in like 20 years, I always wondered why the movie had such a bad reputation. The first part of the movie was ok I guess but I just found really stupid that the main character's kid heard gunshots outside and was all smiley saying "what was that" running out to see what was happening, while the man just says "no don't". The rest of the movie was fine it's the same as the original crow but in a more utopian and twisted city, with some random bondage stuff which probably is one reason why the movie got heat. The Crow goes on a rampage to kill every member of the gang who killed him and his son (which one of the leaders of the gang is played by Iggy Pop), the scenes are decent but with some lame spots like where the blood of a dead villain is in the form of a crow or when Iggy Pop's character dies, kids throw flowers around him in the water in the shape of a crow again. But then we get to the part where the main villain takes control of the crow and his power, and the hero becomes mortal again and it gets interesting, you expect some epic battle to happen. But nope! The most ridiculous lazy ass excuse for a death of a villain I have ever seen in a movie. Really bad special effects and laughable ending. For this very specific scene I do not recommend this movie to anyone, the rest of the movie was ok but that killed the little potential this movie had.

3.5/10

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
The Mercenaries 2 was a blast. It evolved the characters from the predecessor, making them deeper and strengthening their bond in new and interesting ways. Van Dam was rather like the villains of the 1980's and this harmed the film somewhat, but the action and the story were very engrossing. The narrative was dynamic and the action was well implemented.

Crash

Reaction score
220px-Cemeterymanposter.jpg

A very interesting masterpiece, everything about the movie feels perfect. The acting, the atmosphere, the way the characters evolve and the whole story. Two men are working at a cemetary in a small town, but when someone dies and they are buried in the cemetery, they come back to life. The main character and his friend have been dealing with this for a long time because they go with their usual lives and the zombies don't seem to fright them at all, there is a lot of romance involved and surprising turn of events. I don't want to say anything more because I think this is a very amazing movie that needs to be watched several times to fully understand.

9.5/10

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Question. Do you have to do a review, or can you make a list?