Recap of RVD's first post-WWE interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Leviathan

Reaction score
- From NoDQ.com

Some quick hits from the RVD radio interview on the Joe McDonnell Experience on AM 570 KLAC in Los Angeles.

-RVD does not miss the travel and is enjoying the time off to heal and relax.

-RVD praised Benoit's work ethic, character, and love for his family. He still is at a loss as to why it all happened.

-RVD spoke of drug-induced demons in meth users as his example (he had a personal story about that). He said that using steroids is not the problem - abusing them is the problem. He said that people automatically want to attack steroids right off the bat. He thinks they will not be relevant unless they are found in high amounts in Benoit's tox screens.

-RVD compares a 'roid rage to road rage or PMS rage, and mentioned that they are more likely to happen to inexperienced steroid users.

-RVD hopes that the nice things people say about Benoit would be said about him. He is also scared of the stark contrast between the Benoit he knew and the monster Benoit.

-RVD says he sides with WWE over the media because the media is bunching in all of wrestling with WWE (like when they mention cases of wrestler deaths). Also, the media is misdirecting blame because either Benoit had something horribly wrong in his brain or he really was a monster that snapped.

-RVD asks if the brain can crash like a computer and just not work right.

-RVD says he has no reason to do anything but speak his mind and it has got him in trouble in the past.

-RVD says steroids are a problem if they end up being a problem. He says that the drug program has helped some folks on the wrong path with different medications. He always felt the program was meant for the guys in trouble, and the guys who know how to take care of themselves have to go through it to help those in trouble. He does not see a problem unless someone has health issues or if it was an obstruction to business.

-RVD questions whether it was only steroids that killed Eddie Guerrero, saying that perhaps his addictions to painkillers and alcohol contributed too.

-RVD does not think steroids are a fatal drug if they are used properly via prescription.

-RVD says that people can stay in the business and not use drugs, that option is there. Either that or resort to drugs or take a break.

-RVD put over CM Punk's straight-edge lifestyle and how it has helped him build his popularity.

-RVD said it wasn't professional wrestling that caused the Benoit tragedy.

- He feels that it is up to parental discretion when it comes to what kids watch.

-RVD comments on the state of wrestling and whether it is a healthy sport. He says it depends on the standards applied, that ratings and merchandising are doing ok right now, and that it is its own industry that nobody on the outside can really understand until they come inside. It is its own strange phenomenon.

-RVD took a break from burn out due to travel and the routine of wrestling in the ring. He said that it appears that he picked a good time to take a break.

-RVD is trying to spend time with his wife now, and leaving LA is not high on his priorities list. He is working on some stuff. He plans to post on www.RobVanDam.com about what he is up to sometime this month.

-RVD says not to worry about him because he is extremely happy.

Reaction score
Good to hear from RVD can't believe I missed the interview....I listen to Joe almost everyday....damn

LKP

Yeah looks like rvd is liking the free lifestyle. Wonder how much money he has lol?

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
Vince Im sure paid him a good amount of money. He has been there for 6 years. I am sure the ECW pay roll though (THE ORIGINAL ECW) wasnt as much as what Vince was paying him.

straight_edge76

^^yeah gotta agree there i thought he would make a awesome champ but i didnt mide edge