Reason Why CM Punk Was Replaced At Unforgiven

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Toddy

Reaction score
CM Punk didn't wrestle at Unforgiven last night so he could sell his backstage injury storyline involving Randy Orton. He's not actually injured, it was a creative team decision. He will be at RAW tonight.

There were reports last week that his replacement would be Edge, Randy Orton or Chris Jericho

From PWMania.COM

------------------------------------------------------

Interesting they would do this

Discuss

Reaction score
Not really. Hypes the shit outta the Punk/Orton returnig fued. They set up a new faction whilst doing this. Punk can lose the title this way, and not continue his underdog style title reign.

Now, Jericho is champion on top of this, and all the above sorta shocked the wrestling community!

So what, is Orton still out or what? I could've swore I didn't see a sling on him, at Unforgiven...

seX-Power

Thank God that Punk didn't get injured somewhere. This is a really good move, but the title didn't need to change hands. Oh well, im happy at this decision nevertheless, but not too much the Orton stable.

Evil Austin

I see in th enear future like No Mercy or somewhere like that a CM Punk vs Randy Orton match up following their "Injury Feud" also giving the winner a shot at Jericho's title or a 3 way match at that very ppv... one of the two is quite predictable.

Moonlight Drive

That was awesome. We get a new stable, plus Afa who I am a big fan of since he is part of the Anoa'i Family (who are all Pure Awesomeness in a Can) and JERICHO IS CHAMP!

Punk v Orton looks like it is going to be an In-Fucking-Credible feud

Soulpower

This is slang for.. Punk was caught doing Heroin in the back :shifty:

Reaction score
ROFL Soulpower!

After thinking about this over night (i was rather pissed last night about how they did this, and i still am) Jericho vs. Punk could actually be an awesome feud if thats what they are heading towards. They are both smaller guys that can really move when they need to and have styles that I think will complement each other really well.

Orton and Punk has potential, and it seems that is what everyone thinks will happen, but I really don't see Punk having a chance against Orton. I'd much rather see Punk and Jericho with Orton's new stable going after Cena or better yet, Batista.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I think that the TNA creative team attacked the WWE creative team and took their place last night.

Evil Austin

^ LOL TNA ..... it does sound like sometihng they would do -

Anyway so I don't spam I will once again say I want a triple threat match at the next ppv Jericho / Punk / Orton - Punk winning - HBK screws Jericho cause they never had their match at Forgiven and Punk some how overcomes the odds and beats Orton with Priceless...

Reaction score
I really thought that Edge was gonna be the replacement yesterday... Orton was injured and what happend to Jericho by the hands of HBK, I thought would count him out.

But Jericho getting the belt should be interesting.

chessarmy

I didn't get to see Unforgiven yet, last night the streams were terrible and I thought it wasn't worth ordering. All I have to say is, I'm shocked. Jericho is World Champion...wow. Thats pretty fucking awesome imo. I'm surprised that Punk went through with the angle, I would imagine that he would rather lose the title in the actual match rather than get attacked from behind. I'll reserve my judgment about that once I get to see the PPV though (its downloading right now)

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I guess they did this so its not like he really lost the title or something...That way setting up a storyline where he saying he was not even in the match he gets rematch at PPV and loses...Then Orton comes back him and Punk feud then they both get involved in the title picture with Orton winning the belt in the end in a Triple Threat Match.

Michael1

Reaction score
I really wonder why CM Punk wasn't involved with the Raw scramble, but all I have to say is thank god that Chris Jericho is now World Heavyweight Champion! Finally!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm fine with how everything ended up, but not how they went down. Punk really was starting to look weak as champ, and having Jericho win it out of the blue was pretty crazy, with him having nothing to do with HBK out. The Orton stable sounds sick, but I'm not too big on having a stupid Wild Samoan in it.