Raw vs. Impact

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Areoplex

Reaction score
Entertainment wise, TNA was far superior but I doubt Raw needed that good of a show as they were still going to win in the ratings. TNA had me hooked all the way through the show and had some good matches and some suprises, all WWE had was a pretty cool promo between Taker' and HBK and then some shit magic tricks by Criss Angel.

Hopefully TNA can put another good show next week as they didn't score that good ratings with a 1.0 but Raw did only get a 3.4 so it was better than expected, TNA are going to need a good show as Raw have some pretty good match ups next week especially HBK vs Chris Jericho.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
What? Those ARE things the WWE can't give us. Blood, hardcore violence? Sound familiar?

Hogan running the show, Sting terrorizing people with a bat, random fuckery popping off for no reason at all, people thrown into the picture with no rhyme or reason? Yeah, it does sound familiar.....

It shouldn't, because it's not present in the WWE anymore. At least Hogan and Flair are still willing to mutilate their bodies for people's enjoyment and to show that this isn't a PG show.

All the old timer blood in the world doesn't excuse the fact that they had a chance to have an incredible show with their talent and roster, and blew it all to shit by trying to out edge WWE.

Nobody does, or should, give a shit about the PG rating. I don't need blood, a hundred shots with a bat, or four letter words to enjoy a show. If blood or all that garbage is necessary, they can hold it off until a PPV and go buck wild with it. Give me a decent story and guys who can wrestle at least half decently, and I'm more than willing to overlook the lack of crimson masks and random cursing.

It's brutal and violent and that's one thing that people overlook about TNA which they try to utilize. However, the prospect of meaning and significance of these actions is NOT utilized or present by TNA as much. It's mainly just random brawls for the sake of fighting and showing they're violent and the WWE isn't. Whereas in the Attitude Era, when Austin and Triple H went at it, yeah they beat the fuck out of each other and bled like HELL, had brawls, almost killed each other, but it was that epic ass storyline behind it which made it so great.

Yeah, blood and violence for the sake of blood and violence = fail. TNA throwing all of that out there like they did, basically taunting WWE in a very juvenile manner, saying "Look what we can do! Na,na,na,na,na!" was effing lame. They have less restrictions then the WWE and fail to use it wisely, instead completely overkilled things. Let's hope that they pull their head out of their asses and actually attempt to put on a good show next week, instead of throwing everything but the kitchen sink at us and hoping we don't notice they have zero depth to anything they just pulled.

I also don't know what's going on with Destination X or when it even is. Hopefully things will be more organized or something next week. Need two shows, there's too many fucking people on this god damn roster, sigh.

Let's wait and see if TNA can competently pull off having just one show a week, before increasing it to two, shall we?

Double J

Reaction score
Hogan running the show, Sting terrorizing people with a bat, random fuckery popping off for no reason at all, people thrown into the picture with no rhyme or reason? Yeah, it does sound familiar.....

All the old timer blood in the world doesn't excuse the fact that they had a chance to have an incredible show with their talent and roster, and blew it all to shit by trying to out edge WWE.

Nobody does, or should, give a shit about the PG rating. I don't need blood, a hundred shots with a bat, or four letter words to enjoy a show. If blood or all that garbage is necessary, they can hold it off until a PPV and go buck wild with it. Give me a decent story and guys who can wrestle at least half decently, and I'm more than willing to overlook the lack of crimson masks and random cursing.

Yeah, blood and violence for the sake of blood and violence = fail. TNA throwing all of that out there like they did, basically taunting WWE in a very juvenile manner, saying "Look what we can do! Na,na,na,na,na!" was effing lame. They have less restrictions then the WWE and fail to use it wisely, instead completely overkilled things. Let's hope that they pull their head out of their asses and actually attempt to put on a good show next week, instead of throwing everything but the kitchen sink at us and hoping we don't notice they have zero depth to anything they just pulled.

Let's wait and see if TNA can competently pull off having just one show a week, before increasing it to two, shall we?

I agree with pretty much all of this. I like TNA more than WWE right now, but I think Bischoff and Hogan can only run a company one way, exactly how they did in WCW. Kinda like how they built Kaz up only to give Moore a run in and a title shot.

Also I think it's shit that the first 25 minutes of a two hour show only focused on Hogan/Flair/Abyss/AJ. I know I know, "But we have to push our top guys to grab the viewers right off the bat!". Bullshit. It would of only took 5-10 minutes to have Sting turn heel and then later on have it announce that they're having a rematch.

Now I really do think that TNA should have another show only showing the X-Division and younger guys. If they're going to focus 50% of the show on Hogan/Flair/Eric then they need another show to fit everyone else in. Going the route they are now is just going to be like WCW where WWE takes TNA's younger guys in trade for WWE's older ones, at least if they had another show they'd have time to push and showcase their younger (original) guys.

Doomsday

Reaction score
What? Those ARE things the WWE can't give us. Blood, hardcore violence? Sound familiar? It shouldn't, because it's not present in the WWE anymore. At least Hogan and Flair are still willing to mutilate their bodies for people's enjoyment and to show that this isn't a PG show. It's brutal and violent and that's one thing that people overlook about TNA which they try to utilize. However, the prospect of meaning and significance of these actions is NOT utilized or present by TNA as much. It's mainly just random brawls for the sake of fighting and showing they're violent and the WWE isn't. Whereas in the Attitude Era, when Austin and Triple H went at it, yeah they beat the fuck out of each other and bled like HELL, had brawls, almost killed each other, but it was that epic ass storyline behind it which made it so great.

I also don't know what's going on with Destination X or when it even is. Hopefully things will be more organized or something next week. Need two shows, there's too many fucking people on this god damn roster, sigh.
That, in my opinion, is what makes TNA the dominant show over WWE.
WWE is WWE though and it will always be the flagship wrestling company. I don't think TNA will be able to compete with Monday night Raw for long and soon they'll have to jump back to their old timeslot, or challenge WWE nXt, Superstars or Smackdown.
Oh yes, Regal in TNA. Another older guy who would go to TNA and all the smarks would complain about him taking up the time that could be given to the younger guys.

But tbh, I would love to see Regal in a mentor role to Doug Williams.
Fuck having these younger talents around. Use the older ones while they are still good.
I wish William Regal would leave WWE and join TNA. They already released Paul Burchill for no reason. I'd like to see Regal, Burchill and Williams as a stable.
They don't know what the fuck they're doing with Burchill. He is easily a great talent, and was awesome as a pirate.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
TNA easily. They had me hooked at Sting's heel turn. I caught the opening segment of RAW which had damn good promos from Taker and HBK. I also caught Legacy beating Orton, the divas match, and Bourne getting in the MITB. But who gives a shit? RVD came back to wrestling, Hardy is in TNA, The X Division was featured well, and Sting turned heel. The first week goes to Impact easily for me at least.

I'm not defending WWE because I'm not as into it as just about everybody here but it's going to be hard for them to compete with the RVD and Jeff Hardy returns. It could have just as easily been WWE bringing RVD back, it was just a matter of right place and time for TNA.

Then again if WWE brought back RVD it wouldn't have been as big of a deal seeing as 1. They don't see RVD as a HUGE name like TNA and 2. The crowd reaction would have paled in comparision.

Bascially I'm saying TNA had kind of a handicap seeing as they had those two aces in their pocket with Hardy and RVD. I'm waiting to see what they do in the long term to compete because any company can be better on any given night when they have numerous returns/surprises planned that they cannot duplicate.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I'm not defending WWE because I'm not as into it as just about everybody here but it's going to be hard for them to compete with the RVD and Jeff Hardy returns. It could have just as easily been WWE bringing RVD back, it was just a matter of right place and time for TNA.

No, it won't. Neither RVD or Hardy have done anything notice worthy, besides appear for a total of like one minute, RVD picking up a quick win and then getting pulverized, then cutting off air right before showing us the one move Hardy is celebrated for.

I think WWE is gun shy with RVD, and rightfully so. TNA isn't in the prime seat where they can afford to be picky, and aren't as much under a miscroscope as WWE.. They brought RVD back because he would get a huge pop, can put on a decent match, but in the long run, well, I don't think there will be a long run. We have yet to see if RVD is even going to be on tv at all next week, since they effectively gave him an out.

Then again if WWE brought back RVD it wouldn't have been as big of a deal seeing as 1. They don't see RVD as a HUGE name like TNA and 2. The crowd reaction would have paled in comparision.

I disagree. RVD would have gotten huge pops from the WWE crowd. Bottom line, they didn't NEED the huge pops that TNA did, they have their biggest PPV of the year right around the corner.

Bascially I'm saying TNA had kind of a handicap seeing as they had those two aces in their pocket with Hardy and RVD. I'm waiting to see what they do in the long term to compete because any company can be better on any given night when they have numerous returns/surprises planned that they cannot duplicate.

One of which they spoiled for themselves by announcing it ON AIR before it even happened. Then they bad timed the spot with Hardy.

They had returns and surprises galore, and that didn't do shit for them, according to ratings.

Mister J

Reaction score
TNA puts on the better wrestling show. It was also cool seeing the hometown guy Jeff Hardy make an appearance again.