RAW to go commercial free

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ballin

Reaction score
It's only for one night though.

From Wrestlezone:
PWInsider.com is reporting that for the first time in the history of the show, WWE Monday Night Raw will air commercial free on June 22nd, live from Green Bay, Wisconsin. The broadcast is the go-home show before The Bash PPV, and will air for 2 complete, commercial free hours.

noumenon

Apparently to celebrate Kennedy's release.

No BREAKS....bada dum CHA

chessarmy

^ lol

This is weird, I'm sure USA Network isn't too happy about the idea. It sounds very interesting though, I'll definitely tune in. I hope TNA picks up on this idea, without commercials iMPACT! main events will finally be longer than 3 minutes

Hometown Kid

I'm pretty sure there will be some other type of product placement during the show to make up for everything. Maybe a ticker on the bottom of the screen showing who sponsors the show or have Cryme Tyme just steal a bunch of company signs and run around backstage once and awhile.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Jerry Lawler:
He just hit that devastating Attitude Adjustment on the Miz, sponsored by Castrol GTX!

Michael Cole:
MVP really chomping at the bit to get at Randy Orton! Much like you can chomp down on Snickers! Hungry? Why Wait? Eat a Snickers!

Hometown Kid

I just realized this is the perfect opportunity for the redebut of Palmer Cannon. :shifty:

MikeRaw

^ lol

This is weird, I'm sure USA Network isn't too happy about the idea. It sounds very interesting though, I'll definitely tune in. I hope TNA picks up on this idea, without commercials iMPACT! main events will finally be longer than 3 minutes

If the network didn't want it, it wouldn't be happening.

Klide

I wonder what they have planned? Probly this is just another attempt to get raw as the top show again.(one week with 3 hours and no cemmercial the next)

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
They could do like they have in other things I've seen like this.

Show a tiny ad for something in the corner of the screen. Usely thought when it says that they do have them still but only local things. Still should be good thought so I can't wait because really I'm tied of getting really in to something and then it goes to a break...so for one night it'd be like a PPV.

MikeRaw

Oh, just to add... They should've done the commercial free Raw this week, with the 3 hour Raw. It would've been like a PPV. Too bad that would never happen. I'm actually nto too enthused that a normal Raw has no commercials. The matches are usually better off not seen anyway.

Wrestling Station

I guess they will have in-arena commercials (cheap plugs) like the one they had with the Subway Guy few weeks ago >_>