Raw staying. ..Smackdown going?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They're getting a billion dollars....fuck the house show schedule.

Make em work Mondays, Wednesday Fridays and Sunday....there I fixed it.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Don't forget guys Fox might be owned by Disney all goes through, so WWE might under the Disney Umbrella soon imagine the thought of that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Disney just buys everything......stay away from WWE.

Only McMahons can make money promoting this shit.

Drew

Reaction score
Don't forget guys Fox might be owned by Disney all goes through, so WWE might under the Disney Umbrella soon imagine the thought of that.

No it won’t. They already own ABC. Big Fox, Fox Sports 1, and Fox News will stay with Fox. All they’re getting is their library and studios and content from 21st Century Fox.

It’s not allowed to own more than 1 over the air channel and a monopoly on news/sports stations like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The 20th Century Fox to Disney deal hasn't even been fully approved yet, everyone's just expecting it to so yeah even if Disney did try to buy the rest of Fox it'd be years before it went through if it did at all

Reactions: Deezy

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Too depressing for words. Another death nail in wrestling's coffin.

What say you Corny?

So funny that this could actually be a good deal for ROH. Didn't even think of that!:D

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Too depressing for words. Another death nail in wrestling's coffin.
I don't see what you see. Please explain to me how a company getting 1 BILLION DOLLARS is a death nail??

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I didn't even know there was a coffin with how global WWE has became and NJPW on it's way as well

Reactions: Cwalker

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The final nail in whatever you considered pro wrestling was driven in along time ago.

Today's business is doing just fine, MLW has a tv show, ROH is still on Sinclair (an even more evil corporation than WWE could possibly be) and New Japan making moves stateside....not to mention a super indie card just sold out a 10k arena.

And can I add.....it's not "wrestling"....it's professional wrestling....wrestling is a sport....pro wrestling was never a sport....no matter what the old con men of the day would try tell you.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't see what you see. Please explain to me how a company getting 1 BILLION DOLLARS is a death nail??

Because I'm speaking about the business in general not just Vince's bank balance. Apart from Vince who else cares about his bank balance? The more money he and WWE get with a lack of opposition to challenge it is bad because it means WWE can remain in its comfort zone and not be pushed to produce better TV. Like anything else a monopoly on a product is bad for everyone. Netflix is a good thing in entertainment because the model is a good alternative for the fans/consumers and because it has broken up the Hollywood/big studio monopoly. Now Hollywood is faced with the threat of being left behind so it'll have to step up and come up with original concepts and to slim their budgets. Everyone wins. In this case only a few greedy people win. None of the fans want an extra hour of wrestling on TV a week.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Because I'm speaking about the business in general not just Vince's bank balance. Apart from Vince who else cares about his bank balance? The more money he and WWE get with a lack of opposition to challenge it is bad because it means WWE can remain in its comfort zone and not be pushed to produce better TV. Like anything else a monopoly on a product is bad for everyone. Netflix is a good thing in entertainment because the model is a good alternative for the fans/consumers and because it has broken up the Hollywood/big studio monopoly. Now Hollywood is faced with the threat of being left behind so it'll have to step up and come up with original concepts and to slim their budgets. Everyone wins. In this case only a few greedy people win. None of the fans want an extra hour of wrestling on TV a week.
Go read Deezys post on the other promotions that seem to be still doing very well despite WWE's global dominance. Progress and ICW, the two UK promotions are set to start airing on the WWE Network shortly aswell which is another positive for the business. What I don't get though is the vibe you give off that the WWE is the only option out there because all the other promotions are so far underground you can't find them

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
There is a discussion that the WWE could have another card to play regarding their distribution rights. BTIG analyst Brandon Ross recently wrotethat he believes the company might be able to split their rights and strike a separate deal for the streaming rights to Raw and SmackDown. This follows the reports that NBC Universal is expected to renew Raw with a significant upgrade in price with The Hollywood Reporter citing up to three times the current value. In addition, Fox has agreed to spend $205 million per year for the rights to SmackDown when the NBC Universal agreement expires at the end of September 2019.
In the current deal with NBC Universal, the streaming rights for Raw and SmackDown went to Hulu, which NBC Universal has a stake in and after 30-days the shows are added to the WWE Network.

The UFC was able to greatly enhance their domestic rights deal by signing a streaming deal with ESPN+ that would pay $150 million per year for 15 Fight Night cards, Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series, a new series being developed by IMG Entertainment and other ancillary programming and UFC archived content. ESPN spent another $150 million for the domestic television rights of the UFC, which was announced earlier this week.

The BTIG report estimates that Raw itself could fetch $25 million per year in streaming rights and bring the WWE’s overall domestic rights total to $500 million per year. To put that figure into perspective, the entire WWE generated $800 million in revenue in 2017.

Ross has also set a target price of $75 on the WWE stock, which is currently trading at $58.42 so Ross is very optimistic that the growth potential has not been fully realized

DedRXE1V4AAbH5y

NeUz.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwalker