RAW September 1st, 2014 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
6fc09efc6fe0d4ec8f106018c76d9eba.png

Where?:
Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines, USA.
When in the USA?
LIVE Monday September 1st, 2014 at 8/7c on the USA Network
When in the UK?
LIVE Tuesday September 1st, 2014 at 1 AM on SkySportsHD3

Preview:

baf37107b22d3424f7d33eaf11d86f25.jpg

We’ve gotten to know John Cena pretty well over the last 12 years, but we’ve never seen him unleash the kind of aggression he used to lay waste to The Wyatt Family last Monday night. Brock Lesnar, you’ve been put on notice.

As the Cenation leader remains laser-focused on prying the WWE World Heavyweight Title from The Beast Incarnate’s clutches at Night of Champions, what can the WWE Universe expect this week on Raw? WWE.com has some ideas

"Reel" Talk
fa4d88f4cefb535567dabd74fac18575.jpg

Chris Jericho has a long and well-documented history with Randy Orton, making this week’s special edition of “The Highlight Reel” must-see television! What hard-hitting questions await The Viper? Can Y2J maintain control when WWE’s Apex Predator hits the ring for this anticipated interview? Jerichoholics, be sure you’ve got some fresh batteries in your light-up jackets for this one!

Beast Wars
158cc5251519039c15e2b623b543dfa9.jpg

John Cena might be known as one of the most jocular and kind-hearted Superstars on the current WWE roster, but don’t forget that Cena has also embodied “Ruthless Aggression” since his 2002 SmackDown debut. Last week on Raw, we saw Cena utterly dismantle The Wyatt Family — yes, thatWyatt Family — with unprecedented ferocity. Those who criticized Cena’s decision to invoke his rematch clause against Brock Lesnar at Night of Champions were silenced as Cena stood tall over The Eater of Worlds and his formidable disciples.

Whether or not The Beast Incarnate got the message Cena delivered last week remains to be seen, but the Cenation leader’s just getting started. What will be Cena’s next message to the WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

Candy Crushed
fe4b37b108ef420d0fcff1fabed3e3e0.jpg

AJ Lee is like a box of chocolates — you never know what you’re going to get. After confusing Divas Champion Paige with an awkward hug and an unusual kiss on the hand last Monday night, AJ presented her “friend” with a heart-shaped box full of sweet treats on SmackDown that ultimately left a bad taste in the titleholder’s mouth. The Divas Champion spit out one of AJ’s gifted goodies, which was met by AJ’s creepiest gaze since, well, Monday night. Just what the heck is going on between these “frenemies”?

Deconstructing The Architect
89e3c4a788b2dcf93d1f363ee0a9631c.jpg

You’ve done it now, Seth. One week after taking out Dean Ambrose with a hellacious Curb Stomp onto cinder blocks, Rollins incurred the wrath of Roman Reigns, who crashed Kane and Rollins’ disrespectful “eulogy” for the missing former Shield member. Later in the night, in a poetic act of retribution, Reigns nearly beheaded Mr. Money in the Bank when he hurled a cinder block at Rollins’ skull! The Architect might have escaped the powerhouse this week, but there will come a time when Reigns will make Rollins pay for his treachery. Will we see Reigns get his hands on his former “brother” Monday night?

Twisted Sister
0e7e2c54324dec2366723549f254a3ed.jpg

“I wish you died in the womb!”

These are words that no sibling should ever say to another, but they crossed Nikki Bella’s lips with unsettling ease last Monday night when she lambasted her sobbing sister during a failed attempt to reconcile their crumbling relationship. Now, it’s clear the rift between The Bella Twins is far more severe than a mere family squabble, and neither Nikki nor Brie will ever be the same again.

This week on Raw, will we continue to see one of WWE’s most beloved families torn apart at the seams? Moreover, how will Brie move past her sister’s cruel words and actions that have thrown her life into turmoil since SummerSlam?

Don’t miss Raw this Monday at 8/7 CT on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to WWE Network forRaw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET!

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Orton can't be good on the stick, unless he gets personal. I doubt getting personal is going to happen in a segment with Y2J, unless he's beginning a face turn.

Reigns/Rollins should be decent but should Reigns defeat Rollins, it will only appear that Reigns could do something Ambrose could not.
Reigns defeating Rollins makes sense, but I'm not convinced its a better story than Ambrose overcoming Rollins considering how the past couple of months have unfolded.
The great thing about Ambrose is nobody is 100% certain what his future role will be with the company.
Ambrose has an Austin-like dynamic in that he has the tools but management may be on the fence with regards to his true potential. I am too, to be honest.

The Divas have taken it to another level. I like it. It's 'out there'. The writers are probably having a ball writing these angles.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
No Ambrose, no Brock Lesnar, possibly no Heyman, another badly acted segment between the Bella Twins, another display of John Cena's new-found aggression, etc. I'm not quite as enthusiastic about the show this week.

Also, where is Reigns vs Rollins leading to? We all know Ambrose and Rollins are going to rekindle their feud once Dean returns, but where does Reigns then go from there? A filler match with Corporate Kane at HIAC before taking on Triple H at Survivor Series? Or is Orton gonna put Y2J on the shelf at Night Of Champions before rekindling his feud with Reigns, possibly inside the cell?

I guess I have no issue with Orton vs Jericho at the PPV if that's what this Highlight Reel segment is leading to. Even without any titles on the line, a PPV called Night Of Champions is the appropriate place for a match between the first and second-ever undisputed champions in WWE. Jericho's already admitted he's leaving after NOC, so I guess a brutal punt kick is what will send him back into hiatus this time around.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Orton putting Jericho on the shelf in 2010 = appropriate
Orton putting Jericho on the shelf in 2014 = redundant.
There's a term called 'jumping the shark' and this applies here.
Orton/Jericho would be a great match, but wouldn't be logical for Jericho to have learned to counter the punt by now?
I'm a prisoner of the moment. I have no 'problem' with Orton/Jericho or Kane/Reigns. I could probably choreograph the feuds in their entirety if truly had a desire.
Can't b*tch too much, filler is fuller during the fall.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Orton putting Jericho on the shelf in 2010 = appropriate
Orton putting Jericho on the shelf in 2014 = redundant.
There's a term called 'jumping the shark' and this applies here.
Orton/Jericho would be a great match, but wouldn't be logical for Jericho to have learned to counter the punt by now?
I'm a prisoner of the moment. I have no 'problem' with Orton/Jericho or Kane/Reigns. I could probably choreograph the feuds in their entirety if truly had a desire.
Can't b*tch too much, filler is fuller during the fall.

I agree, but between Jericho leaving after Night Of Champions and a Highlight Reel segment that seems designed to set up a program with Orton next, I'm just putting two-and-two together.

Bray Wyatt and the family taking Y2J out would have been logical, but that feud apparently's been dropped. I'd love to see Brock Lesnar put him on the shelf since those two have never had any sort of physical interaction with one another and at least Heyman could add "manhandling and destroying the man who beat Austin and The Rock in the same night to become the first-ever undisputed champion" to Brock's list of accolades, but Brock isn't even scheduled to be on the post-NOC show as far as I'm concerned.

Oh well. Doesn't really matter. Between the Fall being the deadest period of the year for WWE and the hugely-anticipated fifth season of The Walking Dead coming up in October, I won't be paying much attention to WWE over the next 3-4 months anyway.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
When this get's going and someone finds a decent link, pm it to me please. Tonight RAW has AIDS.