Raw Rating: July 16

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This week’s edition WWE Raw scored a 3.44 rating, which was up 8.5 percent compared to last week’s 3.17 rating for the MITB lead-in.

The 3.44 rating topped Raw after WrestleMania, which scored a 3.43 rating, and topped Raw after No Way Out last month, which scored a 3.42 rating. Monday’s Raw Supershow ranked #2 for the year, trailing Raw after the Royal Rumble, which scored a 3.55 rating.

WWE Raw on Monday, July 16 the night after Money in the Bank scored a 3.44 rating, which was up 8.5 percent compared to last week's 3.17 rating for the MITB lead-in.

The 3.44 rating topped Raw after WrestleMania, which scored a 3.43 rating, and topped Raw after No Way Out last month, which scored a 3.42 rating. Monday's Raw ranked #2 for the year, trailing Raw after the Royal Rumble, which scored a 3.55 rating.

-- Raw averaged 4.88 million viewers, which was up 470,000 viewers (10.7 percent) compared to the MITB lead-in Raw last week.

Raw averaged 4.72 million first hour viewers, then increased to an average of 5.04 million second hour viewers. It reflects WWE's hook for the second hour to see if John Cena would cash in his MITB briefcase on WWE champion C.M. Punk after the Punk-Big Show main event.

Viewership was very similar to the Raw after No Way Out in June. The June 18 episode averaged 4.96 million viewers on the strength of 5.07 million viewers in the second hour.

-- Monday's Raw viewership was up slightly compared to the Raw after Money in the Bank last year following C.M. Punk's "walk-off" WWE Title victory. The 2011 show averaged 4.84 million viewers off a first hour average of 4.70 million viewers and second hour average of 4.91 million viewers.

-- On cable TV Monday night, Raw ranked #3 behind TNT's dramas. However, Raw took the #1 ranking among all adults, all male adults, and all teen viewers.

The key to the ratings surge was the return of younger male viewers. Raw scored its highest rating of the year in males 12-17 and Raw was up 20 percent in males 12-34. Raw also showed strong increases in males 18-34 & males 18-49 compared to last week.

Awesome for WWE. A decent show with decent ratings, go figure.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Good. Good shows deserve good ratings.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Very nice rating. I want to see next week's (although it probably won't be that high due to three hours).

Snowman1

Reaction score
With the way they've been hyping the hell out of that thing and pulling out all the stops, I'd be floored if it didn't get record viewership.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
How many viewers!?!?!!

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
they got 5 million viewers at one point :obama:

Snowman1

Reaction score
"Raw was #1 among adult male viewers"

:win:

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Do you think the 1000th episode of Raw will be able to achieve a 4.00 rating?

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
With the star power, I should imagine they will be close.

I read somewhere (I can't remember) that Vince is treating this episode more than a PPV. Which you can expect by the amount of Star Power they have, I just hope they don't drop the ball.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'm hoping they don't overdo themselves trying to cram too much into that one episode and wind up having it all go to shit because of it. They have a ton of things going on, with various stars and angles, so it could be great, but could also go horribly wrong, depending on how they handle it all.

Anyway, glad this week's episode got a good rating and increased views. Maybe they'll put 2 and 2 together and figure out how to keep the momentum going for better shows and increased ratings.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
OK, this may be a bit off topic, but can I be the clueless one to ask what I'm sure is a really stupid question? (Only because seriously, I have no clue how these things work. I just think the end result stats are interesting.)

How do they know the exact demographic of the viewers? I mean, if it's a family household with a TV tuned in to Raw, for instance, how do they know the age and gender of the people in that household watching? I've never known how that works.

I'll go hide in embarrassment for a bit now and check this thread later. ;)

Reactions: Snowman1