Raw Rating, Estrada fired

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

I have not said this before, de to the negative responses I would probably get, but in my mind, WWE NEED to get rid of ECW. It does them no favours at all. ECW get's poor rating every week, and has a shi load of wrestlers, that are costing them, and can't get over. They could take the ones that can get over and stick them on SD or Raw.

Another good reason could be that they could make a huge storyline out of this. Mr. McMahon returns and says about how bad WWE has gotten since he left. Then he says he needs to make changes. Firing people left and right. He then turns his attention to ECW, and says he gave ECW a second chance in '06 after he put them out of business in '02, but they have not grasped the chance, and now they must pay the consequences, thus leading to a ECW vs. McMahon feud. They could then perhaps cover up the monstrosity that was the Invasion Storyline.

MikeRaw

^ECW gets good ratings for the third show and only being one hour. They are always around 1.9-2.0 range, which is a great rating for a show that isn't meant to do much.

But I also wouldn't mind getting rid of it, as long as they could get rid of some jobbers on raw/sd to make room for the ecw guys, and like you said, the storyline could be huge.

Beer

ECW had a rating of 1.0 last week :S

But yes, if they did it, I would give them an E-Kiss.

Qwake

To CenaMark: When you said that Y2J was a midcarder guy and shouldn't be holding the title and that Batista should have kept the title for longer, did you notice how when he won the title the ratings barely changed. I think Jericho is just keeping the title warm and Cena will pick it up at SS to boost the next RAW ratings because it will be the return of Cena to RAW and he will be Champ which could draw ALOT! LOL at Estrada

HHHforever

Reaction score
To CenaMark: When you said that Y2J was a midcarder guy and shouldn't be holding the title and that Batista should have kept the title for longer, did you notice how when he won the title the ratings barely changed. I think Jericho is just keeping the title warm and Cena will pick it up at SS to boost the next RAW ratings because it will be the return of Cena to RAW and he will be Champ which could draw ALOT! LOL at Estrada

I think CenaMark's point is that Batista was champion for what, 2 shows? That is hardly enough time to really jump the ratings up or down if people weren't watching because they weren't happy with the previous shows. I think a decent length run of Batista or Cena would probably spike rating a little, but I don't necissarily think Jericho is the problem. I've enjoyed his title reign and he and Orton are currently the main reasons I watch Raw week in and week out.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Yeah, and 1.9 is so fucking awesome :D

Vince should now realize that repeatedly screening the same feuds isn't working... I hope John Cena makes a change, and as for Estrada, I liked the guy :(

Oh great C4, plz tell me who exactly gets a 1.9 rating. Because right now, I'm struggling to know.

Moonlight Drive

I blame the interwebz for the ratings decline, why watch it on TV when you can DL it onto your computer, watch it anytime you want, no ads, skip the shitty parts, etc.