RAW rating causes panic, more on Randy Orton/Dolph

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- While Randy Orton’s suspension was the big news on Wednesday, what had everyone in a panic at WWE headquarters was the low 2.7 RAW Supershow rating.

- The WWE writing team didn’t find out about Randy Orton’s suspension until it was announced online. They were working on an Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler feud when the suspension came down.

No word yet on when Orton failed a Wellness test but it appears some in the company knew about it days before. Speculation is that John Cena was added to SmackDown tapings because they knew Orton was on his way out for 60 days. At the same time, WWE booked Orton strong on Monday night as he did an in-ring segment with The Miz and laid him out.

- The idea of merging the Intercontinental Title and the United States Title was being worked on a few weeks back. Sources say the WWE Title and the World Heavyweight Title won’t be merged because WWE needs one major title on each of the RAW and SmackDown tours.

PWMania

Panic = good show normally. After this bullshit PPV is over and then hopefully a relatively decent MITB (not including the ME) we can start to look forward to RAW again. :true:

Reactions: Matt

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I just hope they don't push the escape button on the Cena feud and throw him into the title feud again cause they think that will save them. Just have Cena appear. Cena equals ratings no matter where he is on the card. I think RAW since TLC has shown that Cena still draws even without the spinner on his waist.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
I just hope they don't push the escape button on the Cena feud and throw him into the title feud again cause they think that will save them. Just have Cena appear. Cena equals ratings no matter where he is on the card. I think RAW since TLC has shown that Cena still draws even without the spinner on his waist.

I'd rather Cena vs Punk than this crappy storyline Cena is in now.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Awesome news. But... why did Orton RKO Miz, again?

So WWE's panicking... Hopefully the show will be better, but we don't know that yet.

I hope WWE realizes that the fans will remember what happened at MITB last year, when Punk took the wrestling world by storm. If Punk continues to be this boring ass vanilla babyface character, it'll really start to shine through then especially if the commentators just ignore the whole thing happened.

A Cena vs Punk rematch then wouldn't be a bad idea because of last year, but it doesn't make storyline sense with Johnny Ace's issues with Cena. But, Daniel Bryan may win at the PPV (much to the shagrin of Vince McMahon) and we could get a Punk/Bryan Straight-Up Rematch at MITB (which would be so much better than having it at No Way Out), and then the real WWE Money Feud for Summerslam: John Cena vs Daniel Bryan. A fanbase divided, it seems that everyone likes one of these two and nobody likes both.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Nice post. Of course #wwelogic needed to flex its muscles and have Miz buried by a suspended superstar. Durr, who else was going to bury Miz this week before he promotes the company on like 100 different radio shows and television appearances and being one of the biggest draws.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Speaking of panic...

WWE's stock price hit a new 52-week low of $7.75 per share on Friday, down two percent from Thursday's close. The stock price has gradually declined over the past four weeks after hitting a seasonal peak of $9.04 per share following WWE's favorable first quarter 2012 earnings report.

Oh, brother. This oughta be good.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Prepare for major overhauls people. Vince will soon go into attack mode. What will he priorities? His wife's political campaign or good content that draws.

I also agree with Rain 100 perchents :steiner: about the Cena story situation. We don't need no #Creativegenius fuckin this up.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The thing with Vince going into panic mode is it could just as easily be a bad thing as opposed to people assuming it's a good thing.

Vince being more hands on = mixed bag of results at best. Vince could easily think oh no, bad ratings.. MORE JOHN CENA!!!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'm not sure. It's consistent now, when ratings consistently drop it's not a one-off, you have no excuse. It's darn proof that your product is declining. That's when Vince reacts. Despite his crazy mind he still can be a genius.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
I'm not sure. It's consistent now, when ratings consistently drop it's not a one-off, you have no excuse. It's darn proof that your product is declining. That's when Vince reacts. Despite his crazy mind he still can be a genius.

The question is will he be a genius or a mad genius.

Will he be Steve Hawkins or Emmett Brown?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
The thing with Vince going into panic mode is it could just as easily be a bad thing as opposed to people assuming it's a good thing.

Vince being more hands on = mixed bag of results at best. Vince could easily think oh no, bad ratings.. MORE JOHN CENA!!!

There was the time in 2007, when Cena was injured. So they reacted as they always did and pushed Triple H back into the title picture. The ratings then declined further because the fans were sick and tired of everything revolving around Triple H, so they then brought Jeff Hardy up to the main event scene.

Wonder how long it will take until Cena reaches the level Triple H did then? It can't be too far away, can it?

Stopspot

Reaction score
What I wonder is did the WWE take all that aired at the same time this Monday into equation? History channel débuted a new show that did insanely well. NBA Playoffs. Memorial day. Holidays etc. I am not defending the shitty product but there was a lot going on that Monday.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
History Channel = completely different demo
NBA playoffs = there are always sports to compete with. If not NBA playoffs than it's Monday Night Football or NCAA Basketball championships or something
Memorial Day = possibly less people at home watching TV, but that would effect the total # of viewers, not the rating. Rating takes into account the # of people that are watching TV at the given time period

Reactions: Snowman1