RAW: New Creative Team or New Main Eventers or Both

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

barley96

Reaction score
I want to know your thoughts on whether or not RAW needs a new creative team, new main eventers, or both.

New Main Eventers - HHH has been main eventing nonstop since 1999. Blandy Boreton has been main eventing nonstop since 2004. Botchista John Cena has been main eventing nonstop since 2005.

RAW Creative Team - They have been everything but creative. Same main events and poor storylines.

My opinion is that we need both.

The Rated R CMStar

New Main Eventers - HHH has been main eventing nonstop since 1999. Blandy Boreton has been main eventing nonstop since 2004. Botchista John Cena has been main eventing nonstop since 2005.

First off, I disagree. Of course all those guys have main evented for the most part in all of those time periods, but that's because they are main eventers, and that's what they do, they main event. Besides, it hasn't been exactly non stop. Randy Orton has had feuds with Taker, Kurt Angle, Carlito, DX, RVD, Batista all non title in that time. Cena has had JBL his time away from the belt away (some times, even too long away from the belt). And HHH has had his times away from the title picture as well, specially if you decide to go that back into 1999.

RAW Creative Team - They have been everything but creative. Same main events and poor storylines

In a way, I understand the "same main event deal", but how does people for example want WWE to push MVP over HHH for the belt when MVP doesn't even get a reaction sometimes? As for the storylines, imo is just them being lazy, because they have shown they can create some gems when they want to (HHH/Orton build up for Mania for instance).

So while I agree both aspects need an improvement, I also think you are overreacting about he state of both.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I 2nd that. Yes we have the same Main eventers for ages. But to be fair who is really ready to go over the likes of Orton, HHH, Cena, HBK, Tista. IMO No one is ready to to take the place of any of the above. Yes there is some great talent coming through and who need to be push and could mix it up and could do with a rub of the top guys. But no of them would be over enough to put arses in seats just yet.

As for creative that IMO is down to lazyness as Rated R said. As they have proved they can pulled out some good storyline/Feuds etc when the want to but it's hit and miss we get some really good shit then weeks of not so good/Crap stuff then back to good stuff. It's just not consistent. It needs to be good writing every week and even better at PPV's. But with taht been said i really still enjoy Raw and SD every week still and probably will do what ever they put out each week. But thats just me =/

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Well it looks like triple h might be getting out of the main event now

MizMasta3000

kingovkings its funny how you put HBK in the main event catagory. I agree I fall asleep on Raw nowadays and still know eveything that happened without research. I miss the good ol years of Raw 2001 2000 1999. Its all apart of that PG rating because the creative team can't come with nice storylinse that HAVE to be kid friendly. I even miss the Anthrax RAW themes (there on my iPod now) Things will only get worse from here since good ideas from Creative have been rejected anyway

kingovkings

Reaction score
kingovkings its funny how you put HBK in the main event catagory. I agree I fall asleep on Raw nowadays and still know eveything that happened without research. I miss the good ol years of Raw 2001 2000 1999. Its all apart of that PG rating because the creative team can't come with nice storylinse that HAVE to be kid friendly. I even miss the Anthrax RAW themes (there on my iPod now) Things will only get worse from here since good ideas from Creative have been rejected anyway

I know he is taking a time out at the moment so aint on tv. But i still consider him a Main Eventer. And i would assume as soon as he makes his return to TV he will be Main Eventing, I really dont see him as anything but a Main Eventer TBH. But thats just my opinion.

Ajax

Reaction score
They need new any and everything hopefully by the begining of next year guys like Jack Swagger, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Legacy and others can either be in the main event scene or be very close to it.