RAW needs a new main event scene

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Tom Robson sent the following: In the last five years (starting when Orton won the belt for the first time), some combination of Randy Orton, John Cena, and Triple H have wrestled against each other TWENTY-FOUR TIMES. That includes singles, tag, and multi-man matches, but not Royal Rumbles. That means Cena-Orton at SummerSlam will be the 25th match in the last five years featuring some combo of these three against each other.

from 24wrestling.com

Honestly, thats pretty funny. The RAW main event scene needs to change, when HBK comes back and does the little DX reunion with Trips, I want him in the title picture. HBK needs at least one more run with the belt before retires, imo of course

Thoughts?

Reaction score
With there being 3 brands now and a limited number of guys on each roster, and then add in the fact that every brand has matches at all 14 ppvs they run a year, it's no surprise that 3 of the top guys have had so many matches together. Is it a good thing? Not really. But it's just the reality when you run that many shows. You can try to create new stars, but that's a lot easier said than done.

It's really nothing new in wrestling though. I'd love for someone to add up the number of matches between 98-01 that involved Stone Cold, the Rock and Triple H. It has to be close to 24 if not higher.

Travis40

Why would they change it? These three guys are the top merchandise sellers in the company. Orton has been great in the ring, and golden on the mic, and has crazy heat. The thread title says "Raw needs a new main event scene", but Raw isn't the only show who has the same guys in the main event every week. TNA has had Angle, Sting, and Joe/Booker/Foley (take your pick on the 3rd), every week. Smackdown has the same guys main eventing. It's becuase whoever is usually main eventing, deserves to do so, becuase they're selling merchandise, and/or has great skills in the ring or on the mic.

chessarmy

^ I never said anything about those guys NOT deserving to be in the main event, all I'm saying is they can switch up the ME feuds a little bit so it isn't just a combo of Orton/Trips/Cena every week.

CenaMark54

24 times in 5 years isn't really a lot.

You can probably do something like this for a lot of people. How many times did some combo of Foley, Austin, and The Rock wrestle each other in any five year period? I bet its pretty close to 24.

xtremebadass

I agree, keep Cena because he hasn't seen much main event action lately, but do something with Orton and HHH, they are stale as hell.

The Rated R CMStar

I don't see anything unusual or really bad with this. Not only it makes sense as those three have been the most over main eventers constantly in the last few years, but the fact that the stat also includes tag team matches and multiman matches.

This Guy

^ I never said anything about those guys NOT deserving to be in the main event, all I'm saying is they can switch up the ME feuds a little bit so it isn't just a combo of Orton/Trips/Cena every week.

24 times in 5 years isn't really a lot.

You can probably do something like this for a lot of people. How many times did some combo of Foley, Austin, and The Rock wrestle each other in any five year period? I bet its pretty close to 24.

Thats what I was thinking too. Considering they do 14 PPV's a year, and 5 years, thats 70 PPV's. 25 is a little more then 35% That means that 65% of the time over the last 5 years it wasn't.

Foley, Austin & The Rock for sure. Maybe Taker. take a 70 PPV run and I'm sure you'd find at least 25 matches. Maybe if I have some time I'll try to figure out. I'm also sure WCW could have been accused of this too using maybe Hogan, Nash & Sting maybe, or who knows. TNA probably too with say Jarrett, Angle, Foley & or Sting or at least if not could be heading down that path.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
These stats are just title matches right? These don't include non title do they? Cause if so, I'd think that it would be a lot more than 20 something.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'm really not seeing how people can honestly enjoy and defend seeing Randy Orton Vs. Triple H every other main event feud. Are you honest to God enjoying seeing the neverending feud between Orton and Triple H every single week?

Honestly, the fact that people disagree so vehemently that guys like MVP need a push is borderline disgusting.

Qwake

They drafted HHH to SD to give him a break away from Orton, he only restarted his feud a little before being drafted back to RAW so we had a break from it then, its really not the writers faults that all of the top stars on RAW have been injured or taking time off. I'm sure they would have had Batista do something with HHH or Cena but he got hurt which brought Orton back into the equation. They really havent been involved with one another as much as you'd think.

Airfixx

LOL...I'm suprised it's that LOW!

BUT...

I WANT long term rivalries and the history between wrestlers to be acknowledged (rather than brushed under the carpet and ignored like it so often is) so I have no particular problem with it.

It's really nothing new in wrestling though. I'd love for someone to add up the number of matches between 98-01 that involved Stone Cold, the Rock and Triple H. It has to be close to 24 if not higher.

Exactly (Add Ausin/Taker/Kane to that list as well!).... Why the fuck do so few EVER acknowledge this?????

..Of course, it's because that was our 'precious' Attitude-era , wasn't it! :roll:

the dark knight

the number doesn't really matter. do any of you actually remember any of those matches? the only 2 i remember right now are their last match at NOC and the last man standing match where orton got injured. oh yea, the WM match too.