RAW GM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
Same, you hear the HBK/Vader one? Looks like HBK really hurt talent, LITERALLY, in the mid 90's. :lmmmao:

Can't picture Big Van Vader in tears he got his feelings hurt, same guy who lost his eye and still continued a fuckin match.

EDIT: [yt]kUZizMxgSlY[/yt]

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
There's speculation on WWE.com that the Raw GM will use Triple H losing his job (if he loses the match) and take over monday nights again... >_>

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
G1, you act as if the WWE never does stupid things with it's storylines. They're at like a 2% hit-rate since '09 as far as storylines go, and 1.5% of that was The Nexus angle. That's irrelevant to the basis of your prediction though, which I agree they won't drop this particular one.

I'm still standing by my prediction of Buff Bagwell taking over though. Also thinking "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright as my darkhorse candidate.

...god...

Reaction score
lol. yeah they definitely do some stupid ass shit, but idk, i just don't see them dropping this one. And btw, Wade Barrett has gotta be the biggest missed ship since MVP or Sean O'Haire. Maybe bigger. Nexus was so fucking over, for the shittiest gathering of random fuckwads who have no business in the WWE ring. God damn it was over, the theme song was over (stupid to not keep it on Wade in some way, but his current song is awesome imo), they got huge reactions (as a group, but mainly because of Wade obviously), tons of merchandise, you saw Nexus shirts everywhere. Then they send him to... SMACKDOWN? The show where you go to get edited reactions and no one gives a shit, the ratings probably will drop to TNA level soon. The fact that he wasn't made a star, when he was booked as a star for 6+ months, after the Nexus angle really tells you how pathetic the WWE is nowadays and how they don't even know how to make stars anymore. Miz made himself, fuck WWE's booking.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
G1, you act as if the WWE never does stupid things with it's storylines. They're at like a 2% hit-rate since '09 as far as storylines go, and 1.5% of that was The Nexus angle. That's irrelevant to the basis of your prediction though, which I agree they won't drop this particular one.

I'm still standing by my prediction of Buff Bagwell taking over though. Also thinking "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright as my darkhorse candidate.

Seeing a Buff Bagwell mention made me smile. He is one of my favourite wrestlers. Sadly, I don't think that he would ever be allowed back in the WWE. His stint there was just fucking awful.

I am hoping that it becomes another McMahon family affair in which either Stephanie or Shane take over (leaning more towards the odds of it being Stephanie but would blow a load if it were Shane).

noumenon

Reaction score
lol. yeah they definitely do some stupid ass shit, but idk, i just don't see them dropping this one. And btw, Wade Barrett has gotta be the biggest missed ship since MVP or Sean O'Haire. Maybe bigger. Nexus was so fucking over, for the shittiest gathering of random fuckwads who have no business in the WWE ring. God damn it was over, the theme song was over (stupid to not keep it on Wade in some way, but his current song is awesome imo), they got huge reactions (as a group, but mainly because of Wade obviously), tons of merchandise, you saw Nexus shirts everywhere. Then they send him to... SMACKDOWN? The show where you go to get edited reactions and no one gives a shit, the ratings probably will drop to TNA level soon. The fact that he wasn't made a star, when he was booked as a star for 6+ months, after the Nexus angle really tells you how pathetic the WWE is nowadays and how they don't even know how to make stars anymore. Miz made himself, fuck WWE's booking.

Barrett is indeed a damn shame. Personally I think it was completely ridiculous to even go with that whole CM Punk/Nexus bullshit, complete waste of time. Corre didn't exactly help Wade's plea to stardom either. I think the main misstep they made with Wade was not putting the title on him when Nexus was rolling strong. It would have been the perfect protection angle for a heel champion... but alas.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Yeah, the move to SD had me scratching my head and I knew he was going to fucking fail. I guess the WWE thought he would be fine enough as a solo heel but they were wrong....I loved Punk in Nexus but, come on, Punk doesn't need a group to help with a push, he does just fine on his own. Nexus were HUGE....and then they trade the fucking leader, who ends up being nothing on the worst of the two shows? Wow, good move, WWE.

I am still a fan of Barrett but they really fucked up with him. Happy, though, that he comes out again with that blazer of his. Just wish they would do something good with him.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^It's not that Barrett isn't fine as a solo heel, it's that the E completely wrote him into oblivion having him constantly lose...

...I'm with everyone else that he should have won the strap from Cena when he FINALLY got his shot at the belt. It REALLY wouldn't have hurt Cena to put over Wade Barrett, and it would have only done wonders for Wade... ESPECIALLY if he would have captured the title...

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I wasn't saying it was his fault, I meant that they probably figured they had a good idea to break him off and do something good with him and they simply didn't.

The Corre was also garbage.

On a side note, I read that the WWE is considering repackaging McGuillicutty and having him wrestle under his real name of Joe Hennig and gonna push the second generation superstar angle with him. Was a bit evident the other day when they started to finally mention Mr. Perfect.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
They've been under pressure from a lot of the guys in the back. Orton and Cena have apparently went on air a few times and spoke up for him about it. King has apparently also spoken up about it and that's what is rumored to have "started" the move to repackage him.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, G1 pretty much hit the nail on the head. But not just Wade, a few guys in Nexus could have been something (Especially Gabriel, who pinned Cena twice including CLEAN in a tag, before another Orton powerplay set him back no doubt.) I thought everything fell apart once they focused it all on Wade. Also the SummerSlam match featuring one of the most embarrassing performances by a main eventer i've ever seen from Cena (Which he won anyway), followed by weeks of horrible mic work from Cena, combined with horrible booking...it was a real mess in the end. Whatever Cena "draws" for the company this year i'd argue he/they blew three times over leading up to his amazing retirement speech, which they immediately blew again by having him come back and him cut another horrible promo and no-selling the entire retirement stip! Cena really undercut the people in that group's rise on his own with his performance alone, let alone booking.

And as long as HTK is around, there will always be Buff Bagwell mentions. ;D

...god...

Reaction score
Nexus was almost literally Wade's 97-99 DX, although obviously not as over but nothing is in this shitty time period of wrestling. Also, literally NO ONE in Nexus was over but Wade, as opposed to guys like New Age Outlaws who got some really big fucking reactions.. the sole purpose of Nexus shoulda been to make Barrett. What it did for Triple H it should have done for him. And it does seem like they're pushing Gabriel now, but from what I've seen the guy can't talk or act worth shit so good luck to him.