Raw General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Ambrose vs Sheamus was a nice fresh match. I am surprised that Ambrose lost because he had an out and Sheamus just won the briefcase, but I think this is WWE showing that they are still high on Dean, which is a good thing.

R-Truth is entertaining, but he shouldn't be beating the King of the Ring.

Owens vs Ziggler was a nice match. Good heel work from Owens by opening up a challenge, but a non title one. It could have been a championship match because Owens did get a win over Ziggler. It was still good heel work.

It looks like Paige is the only diva who wants the Divas Championship. That is not a good thing.

Bray Wyatt pulling out a photo of Roman Reign's daughter surprised me. This instantly made the feud personal and much more interesting than the regular Wyatt feud.

Owens attacking MGK was a great angle. Although I have to wonder why MGK decided it wise to touch a wrestler?

Great angle to end the show. Rollins and Lesnar are great.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
20150626_LIGHT_RawPreview_KaneRollinsAmbroseRoman_HOMEPAGE.jpg

It was almost a foregone conclusion that Brock Lesnar would dismantle Seth Rollins to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion at WWE Battleground. However, The Architect changed many a mind last week on Raw, when he mended fences with his Authority allies and brutalized The Beast Incarnate.

Now that they have successfully transformed the unstoppable Anomaly into an underdog, The Authority's two heavy hitters, Rollins & Kane, will put their combined skills to the test against Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns in the main event of Raw. What else does the future hold for this Monday's show?

The band, as they say, is back together. Even though one-half of J&J Security, Jamie Noble, suffered three fractured ribs during the chaotic conclusion of last week’s Raw, Joey Mercury, Kane and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins reveled over the fallen form of Brock Lesnar, who ultimately succumbed to the numbers game — and Rollins’ Pedigree — four weeks before his one-on-one title clash with The Architect at WWE Battleground.

Rollins would continue that dominance on SmackDown, where The Authority helped “The Future of WWE” defeat his longtime nemesis, Dean Ambrose. The partnership will continue on Raw when Rollins teams with Kane to battle Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose in the main event. After such a show of superiority last week, the odds have certainly tilted heavily in The Authority's favor on Raw.

20150625_BigShow_Article.jpg

Intercontinental Champion Ryback might have thwarted Big Show’s attempt at a backstage ambush last Monday night when he left the giant in a heap on the floor, but not even The Big Guy could withstand a second onslaught on SmackDown. There, as Ryback went down the ramp to battle Kane, The World’s Largest Athlete charged the behemoth from behind, joining the Director of Operations in a titanic two-on-one beatdown.

Big Show clearly has friends in high places — including the DOO and the rest of The Authority — so Ryback’s chances of retaining his title in WWE Battleground’s Triple Threat Match are looking slim. Speaking of that bout, are Ryback, Big Show and the WWE Universe underestimating The Miz as a threat to The Big Guy’s Intercontinental Championship reign?

Roman Reigns just hasn’t been himself these days. After Bray Wyatt denied The Big Dog a near-certain victory in this year’s Money in the Bank Contract Ladder Match, The Eater of Worlds has been preying on the psyche of the otherwise indomitable Superstar, going so far as to involve Reigns’ family in the mind games.

After holding a sinister tea party backstage at Raw, Wyatt continued to toy with Reigns on SmackDown, placing a defaced photo of the Samoan Superstar in Reigns’ vest with the words “anyone but you” scrawled on it. After The Big Dog confronted Kane in search of The New Face of Fear, the Director of Operations had the visibly shaken Reigns ejected from the arena. What is Wyatt’s endgame, and what can Reigns do to counter these macabre machinations as he prepares for his main-event showdown on Raw?

20150625_SummerRusev2_ARTICLE.jpg

Rusev might be taking Lana’s newfound relationship with Dolph Ziggler pretty hard, but Summer Rae has seemingly softened the fall for the hobbled Bulgarian Brute. On both Raw and SmackDown, the blonde bombshell assured Rusev that “Lana’s not worth it,” seemingly showing some affection for the heartbroken former United States Champion. Is a new romance brewing?

Join us tonight live at 8/7 C on USA

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I hope everyone enjoys Raw tonight.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
20150702_RawPreview_CenaOwens_LIGHT_HP_tunein.jpg

Win, Owens, Win. At least, he better, now that the trash-talking NXT Champion has been reduced to the trash-talkingformer NXT Champion following the events of The Beast In the East this past weekend on WWE Network. Kevin Owens’ long flight back to the United States sans his beloved title must have left the brawler with a sour taste in his mouth, which means reigning U.S. Champion John Cena should expect a long, long night from his No. 1 contender. What hell will Owens unleash on the Cenation leader? WWE.com has some ideas.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Sadly I'm at work so I can't watch the show :( . However, if you keep me updated, I can talk to you in the Live Discussion thread about the show.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Dayum, Lesnar's on fire!

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Cena's open challenge, Punk's music hits, and Brad Maddox comes out.

HEELing it Up

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This match between Cena and Cesaro is amazing. One of the best raw matches in a long time

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Yeah, gonna need to see that Cena/Cesaro match. Hopefully it leads to good things for the Swiss Superman

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Brock-Lesnar-WWE-Raw-Car-70615-645x370.jpg

Don't mess with Brock freakin Lesnar

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I loved the Cena and Cesaro match. I hope it leads to something for Cesaro. I'd love to see him feud with Owens after the Cena feud is over.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
20150709_RawPreview_brock_LIGHT-hp.jpg

With his clash with Brock Lesnar at WWE Battleground looming on the horizon, Seth Rollins undoubtedly clutching his WWE World Heavyweight Championship a little tighter these days. After all, The Beast Incarnate not only demolished J&J Security’s Cadillac last Monday night, but put both Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury on the shelf during his rampage. Who will watch The Architect’s back this Monday night in Atlanta, when The Anomaly is in the building?

Join WWE.com as we preview the final Raw before WWE Battleground.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yo, I'm here barely. Wish I was at the show but couldn't get tickets.

HEELing it Up

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Becky Lynch and Charlotte on RAW? Woooo!

Please let Sasha Banks show up tonight!