RAW 5/2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
legit lol'd

fuzzy

Reaction score
True, it wasn't anywhere I thought it be espically with the rock being there. too bad, it could've been a lot better.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
The whole Mason Ryan vs Kane deal was a MAJOR let down, I was expecting something much greater then a simple run-down by Big Show to attempt to save the day.

Same with Vince's return, I was expecting greater things besides a Rock ass kissing fest and really?? Confetti and some random person singing Happy Birthday? WORST way to end a Raw.

Miz winning then the ref simply by him dropping the belt DQ'ing him was pathetic.. they should have just let Cena win, what was the point of it?? It makes Miz look like let alone he can't win, but he can't even cheat to win either... they're messing up the chance to have him be the "sneaky" win type champion someone like Guerrero was.

ackj

Reaction score
Such bullshit with Super Cena. Makes Miz look awful, since the ref somehow "caught on" and reversed it, really there's no way that he should've reversed it based on a hunch, not even showing a replay and seeing what happened. Then of course, suddenly the unconscious Cena pops to life and blasts out two FUs.

Plus, that wasn't even the "main event" instead we have Kane vs. Mason, and somehow Kane attacks Punk and causes a DQ? Of course Nexus shows up to do a beatdown, and somebody (this time was Show) happens to stop it. They really need to stop the whole Nexus thing, because it's tiring and boring now, honestly, it's being played as Punk and his band of jobbers with a monster big guy. I guess they need to give Mason some heat before they can have him split, but I wish they'd get on with it already.

...god...

Reaction score
I saw the Raw as just a thank you to The Rock for all he's done for the WWE. If you enjoy and appreciate The Rock in all he's achieved in the business then you would like the show, that's how I saw it.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
You can't judge this on a scale to regular Raws. WWE runs these types of "special" shows every once in awhile, If anything, I thought they didn't do enough to look back at his career. A cheesy music vid? This wasn't what Rock's career was about, they should have showed some of his amazing promos that made him so great! You're telling me they couldn't have showed a 2 minute "This is your Life" tribute? Some of his Steph/Austin/Hurricane promo exchanges? Some old school Cole/Coach clips? None to be found. But wait, if they showed any of what he was actually about in his hayday, it might expose Cena for being the shitty promo he is, we can't have that. >_>

What Rock fan wanted to see him stuck in an awful Horny & Khali segment? It was embarrassing and a borderline travesty to see him in these horrid situations. It's amazing how much damage this creative team has done to Rock's crowd reaction, and this is exactly the type of crap that made a "slam dunk"...his WM28 challenge to Cena segment fall flat.

Airfixx

Reaction score
The inclusion of Rock/Cole promo's would be entirely appropriate considering what Cole's character has become.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I saw the Raw as just a thank you to The Rock for all he's done for the WWE. If you enjoy and appreciate The Rock in all he's achieved in the business then you would like the show, that's how I saw it.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I thought the last music video was uh...OVERKILL. Why didn't the whole WWE roster just get out there ands uck the rocks cock one by one, starting with Vince. Give me a break.

noumenon

Reaction score
Horrible RAW.
Miz is obviously done for quite some time now, what a horrible way to take the title off someone. HE DROPPED THE BELT! HE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG!!!! What a ridiculous ending to a match.
I love The Rock, I really do. However, WWE cannot simply drop everything and revolve an entire show around his appearance when he decides to show up. Yeah I know the guy draws, but c'mon. Also if Cena keeps that title until Mania just shoot me now.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Didn't Cena promise the Rock something special for his birthday celebration ON RAW? Did I miss something?

And the ending to the Miz/Cena match was the most garbage ending of all time. As if Riley couldn't have tossed the belt in after the pinfall! That was atrocious, and the WWE will do absolutely ANYTHING to re-establish Cena as a face while The Rock is out of the picture! That was fucking nonsense! Send Miz to SmackDown and get him the Hell away from Cena if you're just going to pull this bullshit! They honestly should have just kept the belt on him in the first place and develop him further with a feud with someone like Rey for the time-being, and then have Punk come in and try to establish himself and have the Miz face-turn... and have him run through the heels of Raw on his way to destroying Del Rio.

If the WWE honestly thinks they need the WWE Championship on the line vs. The Rock at WrestleMania, all that says is Rock cannot win because he won't be competing full time, so you give away the finish.

The WWE sickens me!

Airfixx

Reaction score
Jeeeeeeezus!
If anyone watching that didn't find it nausiating, they seriously need to check themsleves and wipe Rocky's jism the fuck off of their chin!

I see above comments that Rocky fans should just sit back and enjoy the tribute, but what the hell part of all that crap was meant to appeal to a fan of Rock, the wrestler? (and I'm talking about the endless peripheral content here, not few actual Rocky appearances)...

Nothing more than a bunch of PAID sycophants verbally giving Rocky a good 'seeing to'....
They could've AT LEAST got one or two of the new guys to say something like "It was watching Rock back in the day that made me become a wrestler". Nothing of note from his peers nor his contemporaries apart from Vince at the end.
Didn't recognise the majority of the B-to-Z-list 'celebs' or the endless references to the various Miami sports teams(*).
(*This was WORLD wrestling entertainment, the last time I checked. :sigh: )

This all just brought back bad flashbacks of all the guest host bullshit,

Cena/Miz: Shockingly bad stuff from creative!!!
I fucking hate it when they break this kind of logical 'norm', just to further protect arguably the most over-protected guy in the modern history of the business (at least excusably. with Taker, it's the GIMMICK that's being protected as it actually needs to be in order for it to work at all)!
As others above predict, I'm now expecting a 10 month Cena title reign .... My only hope is that as we get near Mania Rocky costs Cena the title to add a bit of heat to the situation cos by the time next March comes around a large proportion of peeps won't even remember why Rocky has beef with Cena in the first place... TBH, they should have found a way to work in some actual quotes of what Cena actually said to the press, so even the little kids KNOW what was said by whom.
Anyway, Cena beats Rock and they hug in the ring afterwards, thus creating a WM 'moment'. :yaaawn:
In my eyes, Cena challenging the streak has SO much more appeal than all this.

My WM28....
Austin vs CM Punk
Cena vs Taker
Rock vs.... HB-fuckin'-K
Orton v Jericho (WHC)
+ further title matches and under card.

Anyone else note that in the tag match of purely NEW draftees, both faces (Kofi & rey) had already beaten both heels (Swagger & Drew) on SD in the last year in relatively significant matches... 2011 Draft = complete fail and on the same note, PLEASE tell me we're not gonna get a re-run of Rey vs Del Rio, ffs?

...And where was this "epic" R-Truth promo peeps were chatting about?
...And, for that matter, the 'mega-heat' he's supposedly getting since turning heel?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Airfixx, your Wrestlemania falls into the "Just crazy enough to work" category. Orton going for a title match though? The one nightmare on your dream card. :p

I don't think we'll see a 10 month title reign for Cena. I honestly don't even think their match will be for the title anyway. I can't imagine them tacking the belt on and giving the match finish away THAT much. Plus, they'd completely screw the undercard out of a title match. Perhaps i'm giving creative too much credit though, and they're not even thinking about these potential problems. >_>

Truth promo was on the draft episode, and I thought it was awesome. He got pretty big heat for his attack on JoMo anyway though, defo most over heel on the last 3 episodes, quite frankly i've been more impressed in his first month of a heel turn than Miz has his entire title reign.

Here it is in case ya missed it...
[YT]Vn9QvuFkhj4[/YT]