Rated R Superstar vs Straight Edge Savior

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
After Edge loses at Mania (it's gonna happen) this is what should happen.

It has endless possibilities.

How could it NOT be an epic feud, just by the gimmicks alone?

Discuss....

straight_edge76

This is honestly one of the feuds I wanted to see badly when Punk came to the WWE. Edge's Rated R livestyle is much like that of a rockstar. Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll. CM Punk, the straight edge savior is obviously opposed to any vice. The feud would write itself, and with arguably two of the WWE's best workers it would be second to none.

But the downside is Edge's failed face turn would only begin to be praised after going from Jericho, the undisputed #1 heel to Punk, the #2 heel imo. Then knowing the WWE in an attempt to get him over as a face throw him against The Miz, the #3 heel.

LKP

Who would not wanna see this feud? It can be epic but should only be done for WM Summerslam S.SERIES Or The Rumble. Its not a b card type match. I think it can be an awesome promo and match up wise. WWE please hurry up and book it.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Who would not wanna see this feud? It can be epic but should only be done for WM Summerslam S.SERIES Or The Rumble. Its not a b card type match. I think it can be an awesome promo and match up wise. WWE please hurry up and book it.

I disagree. I think this match could be fucking epic, no matter what. But with the right build up, and time allowed for it to get really intense, has untold possibilities.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Edge/Punk feuding would be amazing, it's so easy to book Punk in feuds because tons of WWE's characters are flaws. Punk's feuds write themselves, heel or face.

Feuding with the top two heels in the company may get Edge a tweaked face character and maybe some success. Edge's face character vs. Punk and Jericho are two completely different things. Against Jericho he's bland and Cenaish but against Punk he can be the rock n roll type badass and run with it.

straight_edge76

Edge/Punk feuding would be amazing, it's so easy to book Punk in feuds because tons of WWE's characters are flaws. Punk's feuds write themselves, heel or face.

Feuding with the top two heels in the company may get Edge a tweaked face character and maybe some success. Edge's face character vs. Punk and Jericho are two completely different things. Against Jericho he's bland and Cenaish but against Punk he can be the rock n roll type badass and run with it.

Then, and only then would I consider his face turn a success tbh.

Nation

Punk is probably the only guy who can get an entertaining feud out of Face Edge in this PG era. So far, Face Edge is just a disaster. If he feuds with Punk, no doubt Punk will crap all over his Rated R gimmick. Which hopefully will get Edge to embrace his Rated R gimmick a little more and act more Badass like RJC mentioned. But for the love of God, no more "Spear, Spear, Spear!" chants.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I would love them two to feud it would kick arse. They are both good on the mic. Edge could be a bit more loose and free with his face turn. Go a bit more Rated R.

After Mania they should definitely start looking towards Edge/Punk. But not one of those quick ass feuds that last like three weeks before the blow off match.

Mister J

Reaction score
I think it's stupid trying to make every face a badass. Ricky Steamboat was successful and he never had to do that.

Nation

I think it's stupid trying to make every face a badass. Ricky Steamboat was successful and he never had to do that.

There are like zero "badass" face wrestlers at the moment. Plus it's Edge's character with his Rated R gimmick. To compare Steamboat's persona to Edge's is just uhhh.....Blue.

kingovkings

Reaction score
There are like zero "badass" face wrestlers at the moment. Plus it's Edge's character with his Rated R gimmick. To compare Steamboat's persona to Edge's is just uhhh.....Blue.

Well that's the level of his post Blue. He is like a buzzing mosquito that you try and ignore but it just keeps buzzing and buzzing:tongue2: .

Reaction score
Yeah if Edge is going to be face he needs to be a face with a mean streak he doesnt need to suck up to the fans it doesnt fit his character at all

Mister J

Reaction score
Yeah if Edge is going to be face he needs to be a face with a mean streak he doesnt need to suck up to the fans it doesnt fit his character at all

You're not a face if you don't suck up to the fans. Edge might as well be a heel if he's going to have a mean streak.

Nation

You don't have to suck up to the fans to be a good face. Austin was a badass who didn't suck up to them but he was still the top face during his time in the Attitude Era.

I don't even know why the fuck I just responded to you, tbh.

sir alan

Reaction score
Lets just hope edge doesnt get injured again! him vs punk is a legendary rivalry in the making if wwe make it happen. so many ways they could take the story if its done right