SummerSlam Rate your excitement for each SS match /10

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Match card:

Seth Rollins vs John Cena (Winner takes all belts)
Ryback (c) vs The Miz vs Big Show (IC title)
Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker
The Prime Time Players (c’s) vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons (tag titles)
Sheamus vs Randy Orton
Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs The Wyatt Family
Kevin Owens vs Cesaro
Team Bella vs Team PCB vs Team B.A.D
Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev
Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust

Okay, mine,

Seth Rollins vs John Cena (Winner takes all belts) 8/10, good build for match

Ryback (c) vs The Miz vs Big Show (IC title) 6/10, Ryback is cool, but not an interesting feud

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker 9/10, it's Brock, of course I'm pumped.

The Prime Time Players (c’s) vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons (tag titles) 7/10 only because New Day

Sheamus vs Randy Orton 4/10, don't like either of these guys

Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs The Wyatt Family 8/10, love me some Reigns :yay:

Kevin Owens vs Cesaro 8/10, KO is life :ko:

Team Bella vs Team PCB vs Team B.A.D 6/10, divas have been decent lately

Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev 3/10, tired of this feud already...

Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust 0/10 *slits wrists*

So 7/10 matches I'll probably watch. :dealwithit:

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
- Rollins vs Cena
Excitement level: 7/10 - This past week's RAW contract signing segment saved it for me and made me care about this match.

- Ryback vs Miz vs Show
Excitement level: 3/10 - Hoping Da Big Guy retains, that's all I care about!

- Taker vs Lesnar
Excitement level: 7/10 - The build-up started out good, but then Taker and Lesnar not appearing kinda ruined it for me, but thankfully the brilliant Heyman managed to somehow save it for me. Thank you, Paul E!

- The PTP vs Lucha Dragons vs Matadores vs The New Day
Excitement level: 7/10 - Because I look forward to The New Day regaining the tag team gold!

- Sheamus vs Orton
Excitement level: 0/10 - I actually like both guys, but this is a directionless feud.

- Reigns & Ambrose vs Wyatt & Harper
Excitement level: 5/10 - I haven't been thrilled by the build-up, but I like all four guys, so... I'll check this one out.

- KO vs Cesaro -
Excitement level: 10/10 - I love both guys and they need to be booked strong here, so a win is a must for both Cesaro and KO.

- Team Bella vs Team PCB vs Team BAD
Excitement level: 5/10 - The build-up has been decent, so I'll check it out.

- Ziggler vs Rusev
Excitement level: 0/10 - I want this feud over, immediately. Let DZ win and move on.

- Green Arrow & Red Arrow vs Clown Barrett & Clown Stardust
Excitement level: 0/10 -
giphy.gif

Reactions: Solidus1

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Seth Rollins vs John Cena (Winner takes all belts):
7/10, is it bad that I kinda want Cena to walk out with the win? I mean, I know he'll break Flair's record, but it's been inevitable for quite some time.

Ryback (c) vs The Miz vs Big Show (IC title):
4/10, I don't really see The Big Guy losing this. Easy competition for him.

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker:
6/10, no joke. Heyman could've talked on the mix 5xs as much and I still wouldn't be interested in it.

The Prime Time Players (c’s) vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons (tag titles):
4/10, without The New Day I probably would skip this. Hoping that they walk out with the titles.

Sheamus vs Randy Orton:
3/10, should've ended this after Orton went over clean.

Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs The Wyatt Family:
7/10, three of these guys have the talent to make it a good match. The other can just cheer Harper from the apron.

Kevin Owens vs Cesaro:
8/10, the build hasn't been great(that can apply to all these tbh), but the match itself should be good. I'm fine with either taking the victory.

Team Bella vs Team PCB vs Team B.A.D:
5/10, just let the good ones do what they do best and it should be decent.

Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev:
Can I go negative on this? This'll definitely be my break match.

Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust:
1/10, only slightly more bearable than the one above.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Seth Rollins vs John Cena (Winner takes all belts) 6/10

Ryback (c) vs The Miz vs Big Show (IC title) 5/10

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker 8/10

The Prime Time Players (c’s) vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons (tag titles) 3/10

Sheamus vs Randy Orton 5/10

Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs The Wyatt Family 5/10

Kevin Owens vs Cesaro 7/10

Team Bella vs Team PCB vs Team B.A.D 4/10

Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev 5/10

Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust 6/10

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Seth Rollins vs John Cena (Winner takes all belts) 9/10 Even though he's been lousy as a champion, I am still a Rollins fan. Plus this can have the potential of Cena tying Flair's record, which I don't want to happen (even though I know it eventually will) so I'll be rooting against Cena more than usual.

Ryback (c) vs The Miz vs Big Show (IC title) 7/10 I'm not a big fan of any of these guys, but I am interested in seeing the match as it was supposed to have happened at the last PPV.

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker 10/10. The outcome of this match is going to affect a lot of things going forward. You have the most dominant current wrestler with likely the highest threshold for pain taking on the guy who made his career on the same thing. I don't really know how good the match will be, but I am assuming it will be better than their Wrestlemania match, now that Taker is in much better shape. But if Lesnar wins, he extends his unprecedented dominance over the Undertaker. And if Undertaker wins, the feud likely will not end. If Lesnar wins, we get to see Paul Heyman on Monday likely give one of the best promos of his entire life. We also hopefully will start to see what is next for Lesnar, and that will be interesting. If Taker wins, I am assuming we won't see much of Lesnar or Heyman for a while and that would SUCK. There's quite a bit on the line and it's funny how excited I actually am to see this match between one guy I have never been a fan of (Undertaker) and one guy I really mostly like because he has a good manager (Lesnar). But I'm really looking forward to it.

The Prime Time Players (c’s) vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons (tag titles) 2/10

Sheamus vs Randy Orton 5/10

Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs The Wyatt Family 7/10 This is another match from which the outcome will largely affect the coming weeks on Raw. But what I look forward to most is them ending this feud so they can put Reigns into a meaningful feud. I'll take this moment to mention that I was also VERY wrong about Roman Reigns. I was very against him winning the Royal Rumble and headlining Wrestlemania. Not only did he put on a good match, but honestly, looking back, I would have much preferred him as WWE Champ than Rollins. Although I am a bigger Rollins fan and the moment at Mania was great, everything Rollins has done since has been crap. Reigns would have been better. He deserves to get out of this stupid feud and get back in the main event picture.

Kevin Owens vs Cesaro 10/10 Could be a match of the year candidate between two of the best wrestlers alive

Team Bella vs Team PCB vs Team B.A.D 8/10 I love women's wrestling and although the main roster Diva matches haven't been as good as the NXT ones, it still has gotten better.

Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev 2/10 I like Ziggler but I think this feud has been crap.

Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust 0/10 There is nothing I hate more in pro wrestling than bringing in a non wrestling celebrity and putting them into a match. It's NEVER GOOD. IT ALWAYS SUCKS BIG TIME! Lawrence Taylor, Jay Leno, Dennis Rodman (the only decent wrestler of them all), David Arquette, Mr. T, Karl Malone... it's all crap and they ALWAYS make wrestlers look bad because non wrestlers come into their sport and ALWAYS beat the wrestlers at something that wrestlers do every day. It's stupid, annoying, worthless, aggravating and I really cannot put into words how much I hate it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust 0/10 There is nothing I hate more in pro wrestling than bringing in a non wrestling celebrity and putting them into a match. It's NEVER GOOD. IT ALWAYS SUCKS BIG TIME! Lawrence Taylor, Jay Leno, Dennis Rodman (the only decent wrestler of them all), David Arquette, Mr. T, Karl Malone... it's all crap and they ALWAYS make wrestlers look bad because non wrestlers come into their sport and ALWAYS beat the wrestlers at something that wrestlers do every day. It's stupid, annoying, worthless, aggravating and I really cannot put into words how much I hate it.

I should add that it is obvious that fans don't like this bullshit either. Just listen to how the fans boo the hell out of Floyd Mayweather, who basically made Big Show into a face simply by being in a match with him.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I should add that it is obvious that fans don't like this bullshit either. Just listen to how the fans boo the hell out of Floyd Mayweather, who basically made Big Show into a face simply by being in a match with him.

What's sad is that... I don't really mind it.

Most of the time when there's a celebrity it feels like they're really trying to make this a "selling point" and that it's SUCH A HUGE DEAL that some dude is on the show, but this feels so much more organic. (More organic than the rest of this card)
Amell clearly wants to be there and isn't just trying to sell movie tickets or something, so it's worth giving a chance. If it sucks, it sucks.

Sadly at this point so much damage has been done to Cody Rhodes that it just doesn't matter... and we don't even need to get into Barrett. The two of us have a chance against these two in kayfabe at this point, so an actual trained wrestler and Amell pinning them isn't too far fetched lol. :downer:

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Seth Rollins vs John Cena (Winner takes all belts) 7/10

Ryback (c) vs The Miz vs Big Show (IC title) 0/10

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker 1/10

The Prime Time Players (c’s) vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons (tag titles) 2/10

Sheamus vs Randy Orton 0/10

Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs The Wyatt Family 5/10

Kevin Owens vs Cesaro 9/10

Team Bella vs Team PCB vs Team B.A.D 7/10

Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev 0/10

Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust 0/10

Safe to say I won't be staying up to watch.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
What's sad is that... I don't really mind it.

Most of the time when there's a celebrity it feels like they're really trying to make this a "selling point" and that it's SUCH A HUGE DEAL that some dude is on the show, but this feels so much more organic. (More organic than the rest of this card)
Amell clearly wants to be there and isn't just trying to sell movie tickets or something, so it's worth giving a chance. If it sucks, it sucks.

Sadly at this point so much damage has been done to Cody Rhodes that it just doesn't matter... and we don't even need to get into Barrett. The two of us have a chance against these two in kayfabe at this point, so an actual trained wrestler and Amell pinning them isn't too far fetched lol. :downer:

I suppose, but that's where my issue lies. Being pinned by Neville and Amell isn't far fetched, but it should be. Yeah Cody Rhodes and Barrett have been booked into oblivion and made into third rate mockeries of themselves, but it's still a bit of a slap in the face to push them further down this path.

Now, if Amell keeps up with it, that would be different. I know he's a fan and seems to like it so that would be something. It's like I didn't have a problem with Steve McMichael as much because he actually became a wrestler, not just a one timer. But in my view, Cody and Barrett are just getting crapped on even more by it.

It's ironic in a way that the only celebrity in the ring who didn't bother me was the smallest one, Seth Green. But Seth Green wasn't made to look like anything more than he was. He was portrayed as a tiny guy who was out of his depth, but HHH and John Cena were more than a match for Legacy on their own. Seth mostly stayed out except to break up a pinfall and then got scared to death when Orton was going to hit him. He was the correctly played in ring celebrity.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
now that Majour posted, I can give my ratings without being such a... *sigh* snowfall of negativity in here.
Grades based more on build and "do I want to root for someone"

Lesnar vs Undertaker is a strange 6/10, which is entirely on Heyman and WWE. Don't give them credit often but they definitely deserve it by making this feel like a great match and a must-see event."
Cena vs Rollins is a complete 0/10. The only thing resembling hype I have for this is sarcastic masochism, when I gleefully look forward to the Cena 16x victory party and all the possibilities that ensue lol
Reigns and Ambrose vs Harper and Wyatt... 0/10. *sigh*
Owens vs Cesaro is a strange 5/10. Will be a great match but we see great matches all the time on Raw, I want to believe something will come of this. When Owens comes out with the NXT Title it'll be 7/10
Amell and Neville vs Rhodes and Barrett, 5/10. You're right Fox that's an issue, man I'd love to be as passionate as you are again :)
Divas elimination match: 7/10. Yay hashtag all your friends, praise be to Stephanie!
Fatal 4 way tag: 2/10 with one point added for each interview between now and then
Ziggler vs Rusev, 6/10 because Rusev has randomly become my favorite wrestler
IC Title is 3/10 because Ryback's improved to the point where he's worth one point. Big dudes wanting to beat up Miz is worth two points.
Sheamus vs Orton: 0/10. Thanks to this match I'll have to get extra food for the PPV, so I can pee during this AND the world title match
Xavier vs El Torito on the Preshow if it's announced: 9/10 because I'm secretly 12

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Seth Rollins vs John Cena (Winner takes all belts)
8/10 - they built this feud well and even though it'll most likely end in DQ...should be fun to watch
Ryback (c) vs The Miz vs Big Show (IC title)
3/10 - Ryback needs a different opponent all around
Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker
10/10 - more interested in who will win not how good the match will be
The Prime Time Players (c’s) vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons (tag titles)
7/10 - want new day to win, but has potential to be good match
Sheamus vs Randy Orton
2/10 - nobody gives a shit now
7/10 - been done a lot before but could be great fight
Kevin Owens vs Cesaro
10/10 - stealing the show
0/0 - shooting myself
Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev
0/0 - love dolph but move on
Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust
6/10 - like Amell and Neville and I want to see what Amell can do

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
which is entirely on Heyman and WWE. Don't give them credit often but they definitely deserve it by making this feel like a great match and a must-see event."

Oh I couldn't agree more. Heyman has been the MVP of the promotion for this match. As the cliche goes, he could sell ice to an Eskimo.

Amell and Neville vs Rhodes and Barrett, 5/10. You're right Fox that's an issue, man I'd love to be as passionate as you are again :)

Pro Wrestling, Japanese Culture, Psychology and Horror movies. That's my life :)

Sadly at this point so much damage has been done to Cody Rhodes that it just doesn't matter... and we don't even need to get into Barrett. The two of us have a chance against these two in kayfabe at this point, so an actual trained wrestler and Amell pinning them isn't too far fetched lol

Come up with a good name and we could probably book a match. Although we should find a third person in order to utilize the Freebird rule. :quimby:

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman vs. The Undertaker
9/10 - This could set up something for Wrestlemania next year, Taker could actually make up for the slow ass match with Lesnar he had last year when he got that concussion.
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
3/10 - Come on, We've seen them go at so many times, I'd be shocked if they can put on a fresh match, I hate to say this... but Orton is starter to get a little stale like John Cena nowadays. Sheamus at least has now changed it up a little but doesn't stop him from being a heel fans care about like in 2009.
WWE World Heavyweight Championship and United States Championship
John Cena (US) vs. Seth Rollins (WWEWH)
5/10 - I can't see Cena breaking Flair's record here, one fact is that new shirt that came out... why would WWE spend money on those new shirts that say 15x when Cena could walk out of Summerslam a 16x champ? But I can't see Seth Rollins walking away with the United States championship either, this match is just gonna get thrown out somehow.
Intercontinental Championship
Ryback (c) vs. Big Show vs. The Miz
4/10 - Big Guy retains, come on now... hes facing the man of one thousand heel/face turns and the most annoying heel that nobody wants to see anymore. At least the championship is with the right Superstar.
Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns
6/10 - This is technically what we saw at Elimination Chamber 2014 minus Seth Rollins and Erick Rowan. Does that make this any good or develop a great storyline? Not really... just a repeat of last year subtracting The Architect who did an incredible job of making these Shield matches interesting.
WWE Tag Team Championship
Prime Time Players (c) vs. Lost Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons
7/10 - Alright... this one could be good, I'm actually hoping for PTP to retail, NGL, I see high Lucha Dragon and Kofi Kingston work, also maybe some high points from Torito, who is actually an impressive athlete.
Stephen Amell and Neville vs. Stardust and King Barrett
2/10 - *facepalm* what are they trying to do, bring the superhero action to life at Summerslam for kiddie enjoyment? (yeah screw kiddie enjoyment, im an asshole)
Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro
10/10 - Now THATS a match to look forward to! The 2 men who left their mark in ROH and are now in the WWE kicking ass. It better be long and a good brutal fight till the end, whoever wins this shit, I don't really care, just put on a good fucking show!
Team Bella vs. PCB vs, Team B.A.D.
4/10 - I still can't take the divas seriously... I know its getting better but, I don't know still doesn't excite me as much. And how long has Nikki been champ? Survivor Series? Damn... time for a change don't you think? Unless the championship means nothing now.
Dolph Ziggler w/ Lana vs. Ruzev w/ Summer Rae
0/10 - No offense to both these great athletes (or maybe just no offense to Ziggler) but this feud is staler than week old movie popcorn. I will be taking a smoke break during this match... and I don't smoke!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Seth Rollins vs John Cena (Winner takes all belts) - 6/10
Ryback (c) vs The Miz vs Big Show (IC title) - 5/10
Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker - 6/10
The Prime Time Players (c’s) vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Lucha Dragons (tag titles) -
5/10
Sheamus vs Randy Orton - 7/10, hopefully the workhorses can have a better match this time around..
- 7/10
Kevin Owens vs Cesaro - 6.5/10
- 3/10
Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev - 4/10
Steven Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust - 4/10