Rate TNA 4/10/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
8/10 for me.

10-man Gauntlet - I thought this was a really good way to kick off Impact. I did not read the results beforehand so EY winning was a pleasant change for me, for some reason I expected Bully Ray or Abyss to win. I am happy that James Storm and EC3 managed to last as long as they did. I'm glad Lashley didn't win, fuck that shit.

Four Way Knockouts Match - No craps given about this match so I skipped until the last minute of the match. Angelina Love vs. Madison Rayne? Yeah because we haven't seen that before...perks of having like 6 active knockouts on your roster. If it was up to me I would probably just scrap the division because right now the KO's contests are just wasting TV time.

Dixie Segment - For a TNA segment I didn't mind this one until Dixie miraculously appeared backstage with Magnus when before the break she was trapped in the ring with Bully Ray. The ending did not make sense to me, there needed to be some kind of conclusions coming out of the segment but there were none.

The Wolves vs. The BroMans - This was your typical storyline-building tag title contest. The only real aim of the contest is to further antagonise The Wolves which will almost certainly culminate at the Sacrifice PPV where I think they will win the titles from The BroMans. I think The Wolves are likely to have a long title reign the second time around due to the fact there is no other tag competition in TNA.

TNA World Title Match - I think the match should have lasted longer than 10-11 minutes especially if the title is booked to change hands. All in all I am pleased with the result of the match as I was never a massive fan of Magnus' title reign although I was starting to warm to it by the end. Eric Young is a well-deserved one time TNA Heavyweight Champion and I am happy for him.

PS: Does anybody else share the view that EY will only hold the title until Sacrifice? I think Magnus will be given a re-match and walk away from the PPV with the belt.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The UK is behind on Impact and the last one that aired on Challenge was the one where Magnus retains against Joe, EY and Abyss and then we get that badass #WrathofDixie ending, so I haven't seen the show but it sounds good. I'm just so surprised no matches for the Sacrifice PPV have been made, although I can see them putting up EY vs Joe vs Magnus next week, as we've seen some build towards the three fighting. MVP's finally making good decisions which is great. Classic BroMans tactics, and The Wolves will win the titles at Sacrifice which is good - but they need to get new teams in. Bad Influence have to return, along with a new team in the next month or two; that'd be a great start. X Division is looking lively, and I'd think we should see MVP vs Kenny King (who gets a title shot if he wins, which I think he would) and Sanada vs Tigre Uno for the final round of their Best of 3 series. To help fill up the card, I'd also like to see a match with maybe Manik and Sabin, possibly Aries as well if he's still with TNA.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Solid 8/10

Wolves on tv is always good.

10 man gauntlet was awesome Magnus was top on commentary.

Knockouts was decent.

Samuel Shaw was an amusing segment but really well done imo.

ME was a decent match the piledriver looked brutal and of course new champ. Warmed to EY recently will see how it runs.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Yeah cheers to Cloud for bringing up Magnus on commentary, he was awesome. Great facial expressions too, and ofc a jab to dumb fuck like Mike Tenay is always appreciated. Thanks for that, Magnuz.

Reactions: Snowman1 and Cloud

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Scratch my previous lack of rating. Just noticed Rockstar Spud in a rainbow coat.

e5acfb54e7fd87f291b8527d9ba19e8d.jpg

10/10 for that alone. :yay: