Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
10/10 - Being a huge Stone Cold mark, I'll never forget his first WWE Championship win..Shit I still get chills when JR is marking out like a little girl after Austin won. "Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!..."

John

7/10

i enjoyed the match, and all but this made DX change forever. and made Austin champ. and the attitude era was focused all around this one event.

C4

Rate the Moment 124:
JBL returns to the ring on Monday Night RAW!

jbl.jpg

JBL was present at the SmackDown announcer's table during the WWE Championship match between Randy Orton and Chris Jericho, at Armageddon 2007. During this match, Orton whipped a charging Jericho over the announcer table where JBL was situated, and in the heat of the match, Jericho "pushed" JBL out of the way. Minutes later, an infuriated Layfield applied his boot to the head of Jericho whilst he looked set to win the match. This interference led to a disqualification and - as DQ's tend to go against the opponent of the assaulted and titles cannot change hands in such instances - Randy Orton retained the title. On the December 17, 2007 episode of Raw, JBL announced that he would resume his role as an active wrestler, in response to a challenge made by Jericho. On the December 21, 2007 airing of Friday Night SmackDown!, JBL gave his farewell address from SmackDown, officially marking his return to RAW on December 31 with loads of fireworks! The longest reigning champion in Smackdown history had just stepped on to Monday Night RAW and it was a historic moment.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
6/10. Just because the feud with Jericho wasn't going that well and he followed that up with another lackluster feud with Finlay.

tasso10

Reaction score
although the fireworks deserve a 45/10, it still only gets a 6/10.

Good to see him back, but compared to other moments...meh

Evil Austin

well I hate him with my guts but he can make a good promo... gotta hand that to him... I say about 6/10

Vince_Russo_mark

Reaction score
2/10

JBL Is good on the stick but that's about it...he's an overrated bully who's head is firmly up Vince's @$$...His in-ring style just isn't suited to the main event scenarios he occasionally finds himself in...

C4

Rate the Moment 125:
ECW re-forms on WWF Monday Night RAW

logo_ecw1.jpg

From 1994 to 1997, the "underground" wrestling company ECW was producing a very violent (and quite popular) brand of professional wrestling involving stunt-filled matches and risk-taking wrestlers from all over the world. Unfortunately, due to some horrible management, in 2000, ECW went out of business, with many of its wrestlers and assets being absorbed by the WWF. This included the company's owner, Paul Heyman, as well as wrestlers Spike Dudley, Taz, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Tommy Dreamer, Rob Van Dam, Rhyno, and Justin Credible. Lance Storm and Mike Awesome went to WCW, which itself became a part of the WWF in 2001. Cut forward to July 9, 2001. On the WWF's flagship program, Raw is War, a tag team match between Lance Storm and Mike Awesome (who were supposedly fighting on the WWF's behalf as part of the WCW Invasion storyline) vs. WWF stars Kane and Chris Jericho was interrupted by the all of the rest of the ECW wrestlers from the locker room slowly entered the ring. The ten ECW wrestlers then proceeded to utterly destroy the WWF duo. Paul Heyman, the former owner of WCW, was on commentary, and he proceeded to tell his co-commentator, Jim Ross (a long time WWF stalwart) to "kiss his ass" and then joined the rest of the ECW crew in the ring. The arena went into utter bedlam at this point and it was unquestionably the high-water mark in the otherwise weak Invasion storyline of 2001; in fact, the moment would even be detracted from by the end of the show, as it was revealed that WCW and ECW were in cahoots to take down the WWF. However, for one brief shining moment, it was magic.

ONE YEAR HAS PASSED AND THIS THREAD STILL GOES, AMAZING!
:bigsmile:

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
9/10, a fantastic moment.

1chiban

Reaction score
I'll judge it in terms of what i felt like at the instigation - not how the WWF ruined the opportunity as some peeps will inevitably do.
Therefore: 9/10

C4

I don't see any props and/or congratulation's from anyone, for making this thread run from April 2007 to June 2008, a year and two months... :brows:

Come on this thread is a year old and it's the birthday, dance!

C4

i give prop and/or congratulations for making this thread.

all better?

Yeah, sorta.. :ermm:

Now go on and Rate the Moments, also check out the Rate the Movies in the Entertainment Center, :thumbsup:

C4

Yes, the thread is back for good and now you can Rate the Moments once again.... it might get inactive at times but it's back!!

I'm going to start and update the Original post from 1st SEP 08M

Rate the Moment 126;

Ric Flair debuts in the WWF brandishing the NWA/WCW title belt in 1991.

26Flair.jpg

Let's go back to 1991 for a very famous moment. Back to 1991, the biggest wrestling organization in the world is the WWF, with the NWA running a close second. By far, the biggest star of the NWA is Ric Flair; he's perhaps the second biggest name in wrestling next to Hulk Hogan. And then suddenly, out of the blue, on an otherwise ordinary episode of the WWFs weekly wrestling show, Bobby Heenan starts ranting about how the "real champion" was going to appear soon on WWF TV, referring to Hogan as a pretender to the throne. Most wrestling fans not in the know were absolutely abuzz with the news, speculating on what Bobby Heenan was talking about. A new wrestler? Bruno Sammartino back from the lip of oblivion? We all found out the next week. In perhaps the most shocking moment in WWF history, Ric Flair walked out on an episode of WWF Superstars holding up the NWA championship belt as he was the current champion of the NWA. This is the equivalent of Tom Brokaw showing up on the CBS Evening News one evening and shaking hands with Dan Rather, folks. Later, Flair was sued and could no longer use the NWA belt on television, but the sheer shock value of that one moment made the suit inconsequential. Flair had secured his place in wrestling history, and for that one moment, wrestling fans everywhere were shocked out of their drawers.

Moonlight Drive

8/10

That was even bigger than Triple H walking into TNA with the WWE Championship would be