Rate the Current Superstar: Jeff Hardy edition

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who should we rate next?

• Total voters

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Last word syndrome.....a real social disease.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
100% factual.....completely ignores the outside the bubble talk.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Outside the bubble isn't relevant when talking about what gets wrestling fans to part with their money.

Get a new gimmick. This bubble talk is dumb on a wrestling forum. Also, has zero to do with you being wrong about Mandy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
All knowing gimmick was already taken here :lmao

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Last word syndrome.....a real social disease.

lol classic Deezy. He can’t argue anymore so he someone’s trying to get the last word. It’s called an argument bud.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
How is Deezy wrong? if ya ask some random bum on the street if they know who Jeff Hardy it's like a 3% chance that they do

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Realistically though, you're only talking the very top "S" tier talent that ever breakthrough into regular pop culture. Does that make every other wrestler less enjoyable to watch as a wrestling fan?

Case in point: AJ Styles - probably THE top wrestler of the last ten years, how many outside of the wrestling bubble have heard of him? Does that matter to my enjoyment of watching him wrestle as a fan of wrestling? Does it mean that I, as somebody inside the bubble, care more, less or at all that he's still absolutely terrible on the mic?

Nah, to each their own, if some people can only find enjoyment from wrestlers because the general populace know who they are that's fine, but they won't be enjoying wrestling much, if at all. If others buy wrestling merch because they enjoy what they see within the wrestling product itself, then that's fine too. Neither opinion is wrong, but one allows for much less interesting conversation about wrestling than the other.

As far as I recall the only guys that have ever truly transcended wrestling and broken into true pop culture are the ones that were booked with almost comic book levels of ability to win or comic book style storylines and that had massive charisma of their own. (Hogan, Austin, Rock, maybe Savage...)

This type of booking doesn't exist in WWE at the moment and all of the other feds (AEW, New Japan, Impact, ROH, whatever) aren't big enough to break into pop culture (yet) regardless of storylines, character creation or individuals charisma.

Also, I've never "got" Jeff Hardy. A stunt man that can't talk - can't see the charisma there either.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
How is Deezy wrong? if ya ask some random bum on the street if they know who Jeff Hardy it's like a 3% chance that they do
Because that's not the topic of the thread. We're asking wrestling fans what they think of Jeff Hardy.

I'm not personally a fan of Jeff's, but it doesn't matter if he's famous to common folk.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Realistically though, you're only talking the very top "S" tier talent that ever breakthrough into regular pop culture. Does that make every other wrestler less enjoyable to watch as a wrestling fan?

Case in point: AJ Styles - probably THE top wrestler of the last ten years, how many outside of the wrestling bubble have heard of him? Does that matter to my enjoyment of watching him wrestle as a fan of wrestling? Does it mean that I, as somebody inside the bubble, care more, less or at all that he's still absolutely terrible on the mic?

Nah, to each their own, if some people can only find enjoyment from wrestlers because the general populace know who they are that's fine, but they won't be enjoying wrestling much, if at all. If others buy wrestling merch because they enjoy what they see within the wrestling product itself, then that's fine too. Neither opinion is wrong, but one allows for much less interesting conversation about wrestling than the other.

As far as I recall the only guys that have ever truly transcended wrestling and broken into true pop culture are the ones that were booked with almost comic book levels of ability to win or comic book style storylines and that had massive charisma of their own. (Hogan, Austin, Rock, maybe Savage...)

This type of booking doesn't exist in WWE at the moment and all of the other feds (AEW, New Japan, Impact, ROH, whatever) aren't big enough to break into pop culture (yet) regardless of storylines, character creation or individuals charisma.

Also, I've never "got" Jeff Hardy. A stunt man that can't talk - can't see the charisma there either.
Pretty much everything you said here. Well, well said.

Jeff didn't crossover into pop culture, but that doesn't take away what he did in the ring and how fans reacted to him.

While I also don't see his charisma either, personally. Both can be true at the same time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
lol classic Deezy. He can’t argue anymore so he someone’s trying to get the last word. It’s called an argument bud.
Oh the irony.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki