Rate the actor: Christian Bale

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
So Nation and I were discussing actors and movies and thought it would be interesting to get all of your opinions on each.

So as the thread says, we are discussing Christian Bale first.

Love him?

Hate him?

Favorite movie?

Least favorite movie?

Love him? I think he is an amazing actor, even though I thought he landed into a lucky role with Batman, which gave him tons of exposure, I never felt it fit really well on him. But it is decent enough.

Hate him? n/a

Your favorite movie he was in? Definitely American Psycho. He portrayed the Bateman character so amazingly, I really felt drawn into it as he was losing control of himself.

Honorable mention: The Machinist

Least favorite? Public Enemies. This movie had Christian Bale AND Johnny Depp in it and still was only meh. Very anti-climactic. I understand it is a documentary more or less, and they really just worked within the parameters of the story, but it is still probably my least favorite movie of his.

Thoughts?

noumenon

Love Him?... ehhh... depends in what. I do like him though

Favorite movie: American Psycho. Actually one of my favorite movies ever. And as I'm sure Monk will say as well... "Feed me a stray cat."

Least Favorite: Public Enemies. I has high expectations for this movie and it was seriously terrible.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Bale's a cool actor. Don't like him as Batman but he's great as Bruce Wayne. American Psycho is a great film. Besides the Batman movies and AP, I haven't seen much other movies of his. Harsh Times was pretty good but I saw it once and don't remember a whole lot from it.

Nation

Love him? He's my favorite actor. He knows how to transform into his roles and bring them to life. I've liked every movie I've seen him in. He's had a few roles he could have done better in but he makes up for those with hits like American Psycho and The Machinist.

Hate him? Hell no.

Your favorite movie he was in? Have to agree with Nou and FrenchKiss. He played his role as Bateman to perfection. He successfully had a complete transformation into his character. He made the movie a classic by himself with just a little help from Dafoe. American Psycho is one of my all time favorite movies.

Honorable mention: Same as FrenchKiss. The Machinist was a very good movie. To show his commitment to the role, Bale went anorexic. He did whatever it took to bring the character to life. His character in the Machinist was a very interesting character with the whole Insomnia element. It's just a very good psychological thriller.

Least favorite? Again have to agree with others, Public Enemies had a lot of potential but it just ended up being decent. It had the star power to be a classic.

Reaction score
Love Christian Bale, even though my girlfriend hates him (for some reason).

Favorite movies: Harsh Times, American Psycho, 3:10 to Yuma, Equilibrium, Rescue Dawn, Batman Begins and of course, The Dark Knight

I don't really hate any CB movies, just really hate his Batman voice. I enjoyed Public Enemies, having read about what really happened and seeing what they could put on film made it better then I think most people give it credit for.