Rate/Talk about the PPV 2004 Part 7 Great American Bash

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Choose Slack

Reaction score
200px-GreatAmericanBash2004.jpg

Smackdown only

Match 1: John Cena won a Texas Tornado which involved RVD, Renee Dupree and Booker T to retain U.S Title. I really didn't like the first 6-8 minutes of this 17 minute match at all. The tornado rules were just wasted. Basically, it may as well have been a tag match. I also didn't like how RVD was eliminated... Way too much over-selling & being pinned after an offensive move is just silly. From there though, it got pretty good. 6/10

Match 2: Luther Reigns defeated Charlie Haas. Nothing special, but more than sufficient without taking up too much time. It was pretty much a stock-standard back & forth bout with the stronger & favored wrestler dominating a little more than their opponent. 6/10

Match 3: Rey Mysterio defeated Chavo Guerrero to retain CW Title. Holy guacamole!!! First 17 minutes is given to these 2 at 'No Way Out'. And now they get 20 minutes. If anything, that proves that the WWE trust Rey & Chavo to get the job done in the ring. And that is exactly what they did here. A great mixture of everything, this was terrific in almost every aspect. If anything, the knee injury to Rey came a little too early & dragged on too long for a 20 minute bout. Also, the psychology aspect of the match was a little unbelievable, as there was no way Rey could do some of the moves he did with a badly injured knee. 8/10

Match 4: Kenzo Suzuki defeated Billy Gunn. So what can Kenzo do? 2 nerveholds. I can't think of anything worse in a wrestling match. Apart from that, he botches moves, has practically zero charisma & just has no upside whatsoever. Seriously, I can't think of one!!! 2/10

Match 5: Sable beat Torrie Wilson. I never thought a match could make me wish that Kenzo Suzuki came back out, but this one almost did. Absolutely no redeeming features here whatsoever. 1/10

Match 6: Mordecai defeated Hardcore Holly. What we got was a pretty ordinary bout with not much happening at all. There was nothing too bad here, but there just wasn't anything good either. Even the intensity was disappointing. Really poorly booked match which appeared as if it had been thrown together on the night. 3/10

Match 7: JBL defeated Eddie Guerrero in a Texas Bullrope Match to win World Title. Decent 20 minute match which was a little too inconsistent at the end of the day. The 'bullrope match' gimmick lasted all of about 2 minutes for me, when memories of standard strap matches quickly came flooding back. Plus, nothing too innovative was done using the rope. Intensity was down from their Judgment Day match, basically making the stipulation useless. Oh, but wait... the stipulation was there to give us the crappy ending where Kurt Angle came out & used 'Instant Replay' to reverse the decision. Predictable & inconsistent. Truth be told, I wouldn't have minded the finish if the referee had just called it correctly. Ok, with enough effort & a sufficient amount of spots. But nothing too special. 6/10

Match 8: Undertaker defeated The Dudley Boys in a Handicap CONCRETE CRYPT MATCH OF DOOOOOOOOOM! Ummm, first of all, the match (for want of a better word) completely played second fiddle to what was happening on the outside. Heyman kept interrupting the match & this apparently gave all 3 wrestlers an excuse to just stand there & stop wrestling. The Undertaker didn't lie down & the bout itself was your stock-standard 'Taker & Dudleyz stuff. Nothing too bad, but pretty stale stuff with no continuity whatsoever. It's actually really hard to rate this as a wrestling match, as it was so angle-oriented. Heyman couldn't murder Paul Bearer, so 'Taker predictably did. Of course, he only did this after he single-handedly defeated the WWE Tag-Team Champions!!! This isn't what I expect out of a pay-per-view main event!!! 2/10

Overall: 4.25

Wow, what a horrible PPV. I really can't reccomend this unless you're a huge WWE history buff and want to see the title change.​