Rate/Talk about the PPV 2004 Part 5: Judgment Day

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Choose Slack

Reaction score
st-379958-1.jpg

Smackdown only

Match 1: Rey Mysterio and RVD defeated The Dudley Boys. Some of the spots were too unnatural & choreographed for my liking, and while most people will think I'm talking about RVD, I'm actually talking about Rey. He was either not on the top of his game here, or the WWE are really misusing him. Probably the worst thing about the bout was that we knew the winner before the ending, as RVD's music started up halfway through the match!!! Solid, but flawed. 6/10

Match 2: Torrie Wilson beat Dawn Marie. It was as sloppy as I have ever seen & both women seemed to be waiting for their opponent to do something, on more than one occasion. Thankfully, it got a little better. But not much more. Then it dragged out a little too long at 7 minutes. 2/10

Match 3: Mordecai beat Scotty 2 Hotty.A 4 minute squash match & an average one at that. Way too methodically paced & without any excitement at all. 2/10

Match 4: Charlie Haas and Rico beat Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn to retain tag titles. Haas was dominated way too much for my liking. When Rico finally got the hot tag though, he did bring a lot of intensity to the bout, and the whole final 3 minutes or so were surprisingly very good. 5/10

Match 5: Chavo Guerrero defeated Jacquline to win the CW Title. This 5 minute match was more for entertainment purposes than anything else. It moved along at a decent enough pace, and more importantly, it definitely increased Chavo's heel heat in my opinion. Chavo ended up winning easily when his arm was untied & Chavo Classic provided distraction after distraction to allow his son to hit a succession of moves to leave Jacqueline out for the count. Terrible as a wrestling match. 3/10

Match 6: John Cena defeated Renee Dupree to retain U.S Title: . It was very flawed, but sort of entertaining as a whole. In fact (and this may sound harsh on Cena), the match sort of lived & died on Dupree. Cena was pretty much along for the ride (apart from getting his usual favorable crowd reaction). Dupree made quite a few inexperienced errors (especially early) which resulted in a fairly messy bout. There were also way too many restholds instigated by Dupree, which occasionally slowed the match to a maddening pace. But when the action was moving, there was good energy, intensity & crowd involvement. 5/10

Match 7: Undertaker beat Booker T. Without knocking The Undertaker, I think this bout proved that Booker can still get it done in the ring on more than one level. In fact, I have to be honest & say that I was disappointed that he wasn't given the win here. Good crowd response, but the match was pretty much unspectacular. 4/10

Match 8: JBL defeated Eddie Guerrero via DQ. . Mostly a brawling match (which was to be expected), with pretty much no moments of fast-paced wrestling whatsoever. Eddie bladed way too much (a'la Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 19) & that did add to the psychology & intensity of the bout. It also provided a sufficient excuse for the slow pace & many restholds. Good duration at 23 minutes, with a disappointing DQ finish, that was luckily overcome by a further 5 minutes of hardcore intense action afterwards. MOTN 7/10

Overall: 4.25

I can't reccomend this at all unless you really really like Eddie Guerrero​