Rate/Talk about the PPV 2004 Part 10: Unforgiven

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Choose Slack

Reaction score
st-380190-1.jpg

I saw this PPV live :)

Raw only.

Match 1: He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and William Regal defeated Ric Flair and Batista. Although, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named & Flair got their usual pops. Some good tagging here, but nothing really exciting happened until Benoit got the hot tag. Too much of a chopfest for my liking & not enough of a reason to feud to get excited about anything that occurred (the Eugene angle was incidental). 6/10.

Match 2: Trish beat Victoria to retain Women's Title. I actually liked the intensity shown by both women in this bout (especially considering the feud hasn't been great) Unfortunately, they never really took it to the next level by quickening the pace or doing anything different. So the match just kept plodding along at the same sufficent pace. Trish wins after Victoria distracted herself by diving over the top rope onto Tomko. 5/10

Match 3: Tyson Tomko defeated Stevie Richards. What the fuck was this shit!?!?!? I'm not a great fan of impromptu matches, but I knew that something had to be added to this card. The worst kept secret for a while was let out when Stevie Richards was revealed as the mystery woman who has been helping Victoria. What followed was quite possibly the worst match (if you could call it that) that I have ever seen on a ppv. Tomko squashed Richards for 5 minutes without really showing or proving anything. Stevie then had about 30 seconds of testicle-grabbing offense until Tomko hit his finisher soon after. Totally pathetic & proves how important depth is to each roster. Whoever allowed this debacle to waste 7 minutes should be fired!!! 0/10

Match 4: Chris Jericho defeated Christian in a Ladder Match to win the IC Title. Started off very slowly & I quickly became very pleased that the WWE booked a ladder match for this showdown. Their history from earlier this year came through enough during the bout, and that was obviously more so when the ladders became involved. A little too predictable & spotty at times, during it's 22 minute length, I am glad that I haven't seen a ladder match for a while. But at the end of the day, I couldn't fault either performer much at all. Yes, there were a few faults, but they put on an entertaining & intense match for all the fans. That's pretty much all we can ask. Match of the night by an absolute mile. 8/10

Match 5: Shawn Michaels beat Kane in a No DQ Match. Started off well with good intensity, but too quickly turned into a plodding & unexciting match with no real sense of direction. I'll even say that 18 minutes may have been too long for these 2 at this stage, but maybe that was because of the lack of hype given to the feud. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing bad about this match at all. But it definitely won't last in my memory for long. 5/10

Match 6: La Resistance defeated Rhyno/Tajiri to retain Tag Titles. Sheer silence greeted the majority of this 10 minute bout, and it just proves that the WWE need to do something with the tag division on Raw..... and quickly. The match wasn't actually that bad, but there just wasn't much life to it either. Tajiri added the most entertainment, but even he botched a tornado DDT. 4/10

Match 7: Triple H beat Randy Orton to win World Title. I've said it before & I'll say it again: Over-working a body part can do nothing but harm to the quality of a match. That's what happened here. Let me do the play-by-play on the opening 15 minutes of this bout; Orton slaps H twice. Orton spits on H. H works on Orton's left knee..... & then continues to do so for the next 10 minutes!!! I kid you not!!! H then blades after a totally imappropriate & anti-climactic spot. Now at this stage, Orton's left leg should basically be snapped in half. But predictably, he makes the big comeback & is simply too inexperienced to sell the injury properly. At least, the entertainment value very much picked up at this point. However, it soon turned into an overbooked mess involving Flair, Batista & even The Coach!!! Very disappointing 25 minute match. 5/10

Overall: 4.7

Not that great of a PPV.​