Rate/Talk about PPV 2004 Part 2: No Way Out

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Choose Slack

Reaction score
dvd_wwe_nowayout2004.jpg

Smackdown only PPV

Match 1: Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi defeated Basham Brothers and Shaniqua to retain Tag Straps. : Good 8 minute opener which was better than what I was expecting. It was a decent mix of entertainment & wrestling actually. Nothing too fancy or technical, but decent. 6/10

Match 2: Jamie Noble defeated Nidia. Terrible... absolutely terrible. Nothing was especially funny & not too much really happened. The only positive was the result & the fact that Nidia could still actually wrestle with her... ummm, how shall I put this... extra size!!! A waste of 5 minutes & good promotional video. 1/10

Match 3: WGTT defeated APA. Awkward mix of styles, where there was just way too much psychology attempted for a 7 minute match. I don't think I will be the only one stating that Bradshaw & selling an injury, just don't go together in the same sentence. The worst thing about all the submission holds (which weren't actually terrible themselves), was that they resulted in nothing, and the abrupt ending could have occurred without either of the arm injuries. The WGTT still look top-notch in spurts, but this match was pretty bad. 3/10

Match 4: Hardcore Holly defeated Rhyno. Ten minute match which didn't get the crowd excited at all. I can't say I was too enthralled either. Hell, the WWE even crossed over for almost a minute of Spanish commentary during the bout!!! I still say that Holly plays the worst face character I have ever seen!!! While the bout almost defined average, there were actually a few decent moments of wrestling. But all that was undone by the terribly booked ending. After Rhyno gave Holly a huge spinebuster & then a gore, Holly crawled back in the ring & almost immediately hit his Alabama Slam for the victory. 4/10

Match 5: Chavo Guerrero defeated Rey Mysterio to win CW Title. Holy cow... 17 minutes given to a cruiserweight match!!! And was it worth it? Hell yeah!!! These 2 guys have to be given huge props, for not only having a great match, but also for the intensity they brought. The match was really good, and proof that when given time, even the censored WWE version of the cruiserweight division is vital to the company's success. I really liked the mix of mat & high-flying wrestling shown here. 8.5/10

Match 6: Kurt Angle defeated Big Show and John Cena to become #1 contender to World Title. . It was actually a strangely booked & paced match (possibly due to Cena's & Show's injuries), and I struggled to get into the first 5 or 6 minutes. Following that, it was just a cavalcade of finishing moves one after the other. It almost got too ridiculous, but like I said, it was also quite fun to watch. I thought it would settle down afterwards, but then came the rather abrupt ending at the 12 minute mark. 5/10

Match 7: Eddie Guerrero defeated Brock Lesnar to win World Title. Superb 30 minute match. Lesnar was super impressive & really rose to the occasion, especially with his agility. While Eddie was his usual excellent self, as well as not showing any signs of discomfort against a much larger opponent. Some may not have liked the numerous submission moves used by each wrestler, but I thought they were definitely necessary, and did not slow the bout down too much. I was very much involved in the match from start to finish. Furthermore, the Goldberg interference was kept short & sweet, without effecting the outcome entirely. I also loved the terrific ending, where Eddie countered Brock's F-5 into a huge DDT & then followed it up with a frog splash. MOTY. 9/10

Overall: 5.2.

I only reccomend this if you're a Eddie Guerrero mark (like me :sport: )