Survivor Series Rate Survivor Series 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Gonna check main event today because of STENG, but my question is - was Ambrose/Wyatt any good or was it another D-level movie~esque failed acting attempt?

In my opinion it was surprisingly forgettable. It was the match I thought had the most promise, but it really didn't go anywhere. The entire point of it was to point towards their encounter at TLC. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad match, it just wasn't what I expected it to be.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'll give this an 8/10.

The tag match was pretty good.. nice to see Mizdow with a belt..

The Divas matches were forgettable but the Divas title match had purpose... enjoy your vacation AJ!

Ambrose/Wyatt was good but just didn't do quite enough to make it memorable... the upcoming TLC match should be much, much better.

The main event... awesome action, nice twists throughout, and then the moment most of us knew was coming but that didn't even matter it still was insanely awesome... Sting hitting HHH with the Scorpion Death Drop was the most memorable part of the show by far.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
an 8 of ten.

Good tag title match, despite being weak there is a surprising depth to the tag department. And everyone has some form of character which is a plus.

Weak divas matches but the title one had direction which was good. As had the post match shenanigans in the survivor one

Enjoyable quick romp with rose/bunny and Slatergator, showcasing the undercard.

Real good main event. Dolph was made tonight. Glass ceiling shattered

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
6/10. Most of the show was comically bad imo. Don't get the bunny thing. The divas are incapable of putting on a match. Ambrose vs Wyatr underwhelmed me. I guess they found a reason for swaggee vs cesaeo pulled out of your ass last Monday. Big Show joins Steph again, shocker. Lol STING!!! Who gives a shit bout some 60 yr old? No WWE CHAMPIONSHIP match...... Just lame

Lone bright spot: How ziggler was booked

Reactions: Snowman1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Who gives a shit bout some 60 yr old?

Seems to me a lot of people.

No WWE CHAMPIONSHIP match...... Just lame

You are completely correct. It seems like there isn't even a WWE Champion as Lesnar has not even shown his face since he won the belt. As they are trying t push the network based on the strength of the PPVs, this is a horrible mistake not having a title match at one of the big 4.

Lone bright spot: How ziggler was booked

That really was the best part of the show. They really have been so hard on Ziggler and it was wonderful having him in the position to take out the Authority team 1 on 3. I loved it.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I get why Sting was a big deal but one cool moment doesn't make an entire ppv 9/10 10/10 for me. Yes, the nostalgia was there but watch the show again. Outside of the booking of ziggler i thought it was average at best.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
After a busy day, I'm watching this right now. Will rate/review it later. Expecting it to be good!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I'm not going to detail all the matches/happenings. I just don't feel like doing all that.

One word sums up the PPV for me: Sting.

9.5/10

Shows like Survivor Series last night are why I still watch wrestling and only a return by Punk could have made it a 10.

wk

Reactions: u_cant_c_me

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I get why Sting was a big deal but one cool moment doesn't make an entire ppv 9/10 10/10 for me. Yes, the nostalgia was there but watch the show again. Outside of the booking of ziggler i thought it was average at best.

It's a matter of personal preference man, just like when DB does something great you tend to give the shows a higher rating but me being someone who could give two shits about him would rate it differently.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It's a matter of personal preference man, just like when DB does something great you tend to give the shows a higher rating but me being someone who could give two shits about him would rate it differently.
I get what you're saying but there have been.ppvs with bryan that i rated as bad

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but there have been.ppvs with bryan that i rated as bad

That's true, idk for me I said 10/10 but realistically I give it a 9/10; but for me there was a couple different reasons why.. like the set-up to a match at TLC with Dean hitting him with a chair, putting him through a table and then whipping out the ladder.. Sandow winning his first title (that's where my personal favoritism comes in because that knocked the rating up immediately like +4 for me).. Ziggler throwing down at the end like a champ, mixed with the Sting debut made it that much better.. some minor lezbo action.. Roman Reigns and BNB reappearances..

I see why people would not give it such a high rating but for me it was probably one of the my top 3 favorite PPVs over this year and maybe even including last year as well.

Reactions: u_cant_c_me

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
That's true, idk for me I said 10/10 but realistically I give it a 9/10; but for me there was a couple different reasons why.. like the set-up to a match at TLC with Dean hitting him with a chair, putting him through a table and then whipping out the ladder.. Sandow winning his first title (that's where my personal favoritism comes in because that knocked the rating up immediately like +4 for me).. Ziggler throwing down at the end like a champ, mixed with the Sting debut made it that much better.. some minor lezbo action.. Roman Reigns and BNB reappearances..

I see why people would not give it such a high rating but for me it was probably one of the my top 3 favorite PPVs over this year and maybe even including last year as well.
Fair Enough. I honestly haven't liked a PPV since Summer Slam but in retrospect had i known Brock wouldn't be around at all id give it a point or two less.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching it. It was great. Giving it 8/10, purely because of the awesomeness of the Tag Team title match, Ambrose vs Wyatt and the Main Event which was utter awesomeness!

Positives:
- Gold & Stardust vs The Miz & Mizdow vs The Usos vs Los Matadores was fun-tastic. Mizdow got the pin and stole the show like always, bay-beh!
I am so glad that Miz and Mizdow are the new Tag Team champions! Well, I'm more glad about Mizdow, 'cause it's his first title in the WWE, he deserved it! Seems like WWE's slowly started taking notice of what Mizdow's been doing these past couple of months and soon we will see a big push for him. Mah boi is so over with the crowd, I love it!
- Ambrose vs Wyatt was great! I love it every time these two lunatics go at it. I knew the feud was gonna be great and it's even better that it's gonna be heading into TLC. There's a lot more to this feud than we've been getting on RAW, hopefully that's gonna change. This whole Ambrose/Wyatt segment was a super nice surprise, it left me feeling satisfied, but also wanting more. I knew Wyatt was gonna win, probably by an outside interference by The Ascension or whatever, but I definitely did not expect Ambrose DQing himself using a chair and then laying Wyatt out through a table. It's cool, though, it's gonna lead to an awesome TLC match at the next month's TLC PPV!
- Team Authority vs Team Cena was amazing, that's all I can say. I loved everything about it, except for that never been done before Big Show cringe-worthy crap. If they wanted to do that whole turning on teams or whatever to make us think The Authority was gonna win, then they should've done it differently.
When Vince said in the openning segment that if The Authority should lose, the only person who could bring 'em back in power would be Cena, then I knew Team Cena was winning for sure and there'd be no chance in hell of The Authority being brought back in power again. Damn. I'm kinda disappointed they ended this whole Authority saga at Survivor Series for only Free.99 (only to draw more subscribers, yeah, good luck with that). It should've been done at WrestleMania 31. But, oh well... Here's to hoping The Authority gets in power once again or at least has some influence while not being present on the show.
And last, but not least. Sting's debut, yo! I got freakin' goosebumps! Plus, WWE's faith in Ziggler restored? I think so! Here's to hoping! DZ killed it, man! Don't fuck it up again, WWE!

The neutral:
- They could've totally gone without the openning segment with The Authority, Vinnie Mac and Cena. But, oh well. It is what it is now.

Negatives:
- Roman Reigns delivering a damn booooorrrriiiiiing promo and kissing everyone's ass. That's a nice Cena 2.0 you've got there, WWE.
- Nikki Bella defeating AJ Lee and winning the Divas title in under 30 seconds. Wow. I get the story here, the two twin sisters' feud will likely culminate at WM31, with Brie winning the Divas title. Meh.
On a much lighter note, enjoy your time off, AJ Lee.

The 'Why God, why is this on TV?' segment:
- Whatever Adam Rose dogshit was going on.
- I couldn't be arsed to watch the crappy Divas Division 5-on-5 tag match.

Overall, I enjoyed the PPV. Some moments were meh, some moments were cool. Sting coming back made me forget all the bad moments, though, so all's well! Tonight's Monday night RAW should kick some major ass! Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I still cant believe Triple H is gone and Sting Is Back

COULD STING BE THE BOSS?