Rate Summerslam 2021

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Summerslam

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
1629605535914.png

Rate Summerslam and let us know what you thought of the show!

Dark Match: Big E vs Baron Corbin

Big E won by pin fall

Raw Tag Team Championship: Champions AJ Styles and Omos vs RK Bro

RK Bro won the championship

United States Championship: Champion Sheamus vs Damian Priest

Priest won the title by pin fall

Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Champions the Usos vs Rey and Dominik Mysterio

Usos retained by pin fall

Smackdown Women's Championship: Champion Bianca Belair vs Becky Lynch

Lynch won the belt by pin fall

Drew McIntyre vs Jinder Mahal

Mcintrye won by pin fall

Triple Threat Raw Women's Championship: Champion Nikki ASH vs Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley

Charlotte won the championship by submission

Edge vs Seth Rollins

Edge won by submission

WWE Championship: Champion Bobby Lashley vs Goldber

Lashley won by referee stopage

Universal Championship: Champion Roman Reigns vs John Cena

Reigns won by pin fall and was confronted by Brock Lesnar after the match

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
No in depth review here. One star for the Edge and Rollins match. Otherwise, this was a steaming pile of horseshit and yet another attempt at making Roman Reigns look like he is so much better than he is.

Brock showing up was cool , but nothing happened. So it ended up sucking.

Vince probably thinks by making Roman so dominant that he can claim that Roman is the best wrestler in the world right now. In reality, he is fucking his company over. AEW gave their fans exactly what they wanted. 15 free minutes of CM Punk that will be remembered for decades. No one will remember this fucking cow patty of a PPV.

Reactions: Snowman1

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
4/10 for me. I called the ending. Becky Lynch being back and the Edge vs Seth match was great, Bobby lashley was treated like a hero by the crowd for beating goldberg and attacking his son. That was hilarious.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Not rating since I didn't watch but I do have a few comments.

First, I'm glad RK-Bro won, they seem like a fun team. Second, I was first happy when I saw on social media that Becky Lynch won the Women's title, thought that was a cool surprise return and result, then I looked into it and apparently she beat Bianca in under 30 seconds? Why the hell would they do that?

Finally, not surprised about the ending, but am surprised by Brock's new look. I like it. It looked like he decided to steal Strowman's look now that he's out of the company.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I only gave it 2/10.

Edge had an good match and Brock returning was awesome

Roman is having flashbacks of Brock right now lol

Rest of the show was trash. Cena vs Roman really disappointed me

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2

This fucking company KNEW sasha wouldn't be on the show and STILL advertised it. Yet another example of false advertising by WWE.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

This fucking company KNEW sasha wouldn't be on the show and STILL advertised it. Yet another example of false advertising by WWE.

yeah I was like, there’s been reports that it might not even happen and they still didn’t have an alternative plan leading into summerslam. Then they gave us the Becky lynch bullshit which doesn’t accomplish anything for anyone. If anything it took away from Becky’s return. Vince is so fucking stupid.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The Becky Lynch thing was the worst piece of booking WWE has done all year, and that's really saying something. They crave homegrown talent, and even then they can't help but run them through the mud. Belair is very over, she's a good wrestler and a good character. She took out 3 women by herself a few weeks ago, and beat 2 back-to-back on SmackDown. This buries the last 8 months of booking, this buries the SmackDown women's roster, this buries Belair and this buries any need for anyone to invest any time or brain space to WWE storytelling.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
What pissed me off was the fact they built John Cena vs Roman Reigns as a WrestleMania caliber rivalry and it was a bunch roll ups and school boys.

They've should have done better smh...

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
0/10 just for how they had Bianca Belair lose her title alone.
If that wasn't bad enough, they figured out the one way to make people stop cheering for a Becky Lynch return. That's impressive, they booked Lynch's return so badly, they made a WWE crowd stop being happy Lynch made her first appearance in over a year AND won a title.

I know the term "burial" is used too often with wrestling now, and WWE likely didn't have "burying" Belair in mind, but this definitely buries all the progress they seemed to have made made with her. I remember watching Banks v Belair at WM and thinking that was the perfect booking for Belair's career and it could be the launching pad of making her a star, but Saturday that has all been thrown away.

Moments like this make me glad I don't regularly watch WWE anymore and no longer have a real investment in it, just a shame to see someone as talented as Belair being wasted like this, she could be made into a true global star by any promoter with half a brain left.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
0/10 just for how they had Bianca Belair lose her title alone.
If that wasn't bad enough, they figured out the one way to make people stop cheering for a Becky Lynch return. That's impressive, they booked Lynch's return so badly, they made a WWE crowd stop being happy Lynch made her first appearance in over a year AND won a title.

I know the term "burial" is used too often with wrestling now, and WWE likely didn't have "burying" Belair in mind, but this definitely buries all the progress they seemed to have made made with her. I remember watching Banks v Belair at WM and thinking that was the perfect booking for Belair's career and it could be the launching pad of making her a star, but Saturday that has all been thrown away.

Moments like this make me glad I don't regularly watch WWE anymore and no longer have a real investment in it, just a shame to see someone as talented as Belair being wasted like this, she could be made into a true global star by any promoter with half a brain left.
That's the story of any wrestler in WWE barring a protected cast of 2-3. There's no reason to invest your time or brain space to these shows. I used to be a Ziggler mark, and he was killed off. I used to be a Cody Rhodes mark, and he was killed off. I used to be a Bobby Roode mark, and he was killed off. I used to be a Neville mark, and he was bullied out of the company. So much of my time wasted investing in their product. I was/am a big fan of Belair and the same thing.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
0/10.

Short version: Can we just stop pretending this company exists yet? Wrestling is so fun right now if this dumb ass company would quit getting in the way.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
6/10 I would say.

Middle parts were a let down. It started off well and ended well I thought. I liked Edge/Seth, Cena/Roman and the RAW Women's Triple Threat the most. Overall it was one of the more weaker Summerslam shows I've seen, but certainly nowhere near the worst.

Reactions: Redboy123@