Rate Smackdown Live! 9/3/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 6/10

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Smackdown Live! and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

Bayley came to the ring. She said she was loyal to Sasha Banks and called Charlotte Flair selfish. Charlotte then came out and confirmed she was selfish. Sasha Banks then came out and Charlotte attacked Bayley and then Banks before Bayley beat her with a chair.

King of the Ring Quarter Final: Elias vs Ali

Elias advanced by pin fall

Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose vs Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross

Rose and Deville won by pin fall

Randy Orton

Orton challenged Kofi to come out and he did, with the Revival beating him up. It ended up with them all standing over Kofi.

King of the Ring Quarter Final: Andrade vs Chad Gable

Gable pinned Andrade to advance

Aleister Black vs Shelton Benjamin

Black won by pin fall

Shinsuke Nakamura w Sami Zayn vs Jobber

Nakaura won by pin fall

Daniel Bryan Demands Apology

He maintained he does not lie. Roman came out and was attacked by Rowan, who also turned on Daniel Bryan and put him through a table.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
6/10

RAW was better. Best part of the show was the ending

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Sooo..

The explanation Bayley gave was definitely heelish.. I kind of liked it. Sasha and Bayley attacking Charlotte was good but Bayley needs to learn how to hold the chair better.. she looks so awkward while using it lol.

I didn't really enjoy any of the KotR matches.

Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville beating the tag champs was interesting.. but we all know Bliss and Cross will retain.

Orton and the Revival are perfect together... as much of an asshole as everyone says Randy is, I think it's pretty cool that he's building up this the way he is in order to put Kofi over. Their CoC match might end up being match of the night.

The Roman/Rowan/Bryan thing is just idiotic... I wish they had found a better way to separate Bryan and Rowan than by using Roman.. Rowan is definitely a beast.. but this whole storyline was and is still incredibly weak.

Anyway...my rating...

5/10

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...thoughts on reading the Recap...
~ Andrade is out...but Gable is still in...
~ Hey! Aleister Black still works for the company...
~ Sonya & Mandy had a win...but not for the titles...of course.
~ So...they've basically repeated the same story/booking with
Bayley as they did with Becky...okay...sure...whatever. I doubt
the crowd will have any sympathy for Charlotte...so this "heel"
turn may still fall flat on its face.
~ So...its going to be a triple threat between Reigns, Bryan & Rowan
with Rowan in the match to take the pin?
~ Asuka & Kairi continue to sit out the back in catering watching
AEW & feeling their time could be better spent elsewhere.

but Bayley needs to learn how to hold the chair better.. she looks so awkward while using it lol.
Hey...at least she's using the bloody thing...unlike the kendo
sticks a couple of years ago.

So...Bayley helps Sasha defeat Becky & Sasha helps Bayley retain at COC?

?

So...a Four Horsewomen "Winner Take All" Fatal Four Way inside the Hell in a Cell?

Just thinking out loud here...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I went with a 5. I am happy Gable won, but I think it was a bit obvious that it was going to happen. Once Ali lost, Gable and Ricochet were the only two faces left in the tournament. If Gable would have lost, than the triple threat next week would be spoiled since it is HIGHLY doubtful WWE would go along with a heel vs heel KOTR final.

Right now I am going to go with Joe vs Gable as the final match, with Joe taking the crown. This is pretty much a heel wins tournament, with only Bret Hart and Ken Shamrock ever winning as faces (to my recollection).

I don't really care for how the Roman attack thing has gone. Sami Zayn with Shinsuke is just embarrassing. Pretty weak show altogether.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I went with a 5. I am happy Gable won, but I think it was a bit obvious that it was going to happen. Once Ali lost, Gable and Ricochet were the only two faces left in the tournament. If Gable would have lost, than the triple threat next week would be spoiled since it is HIGHLY doubtful WWE would go along with a heel vs heel KOTR final.

Right now I am going to go with Joe vs Gable as the final match, with Joe taking the crown. This is pretty much a heel wins tournament, with only Bret Hart and Ken Shamrock ever winning as faces (to my recollection).
But isn't Joe past the point of it helping his career?

I mean he's been "jobbed out" in so many "top card"
title matches at this point...and Joe is kind of old.

I would think Ricochet is the clear favorite at this point...
but its a shame we won't get a Ricochet/Andrade final...
that match could have been incredible...even if they only
gave them 10 minutes on the night.

I'm going to say Ricochet/Gable final...with Ricochet
going over in a great match.

Reactions: bullyballmm

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
After seeing Joe bully Gable last night you could see it was an obvious telegraph for how the rest of the tournament will go.

I mean, I definitely believed that Ricochet would be the winner until Gable won after being bullied by Joe.. now it's pretty obvious it will be Joe vs Gable.

But... I believe Gable will beat Joe and then will run around a couple weeks with the crown and scepter and then just fade into the background to be forgotten.

Why do I believe that? Because....WWE.

Reactions: bullyballmm

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
After seeing Joe bully Gable last night you could see it was an obvious telegraph for how the rest of the tournament will go.

I mean, I definitely believed that Ricochet would be the winner until Gable won after being bullied by Joe.. now it's pretty obvious it will be Joe vs Gable.
Oh...I didn't even know that was a thing...because
I don't watch the show...because I gave up on the
WWE main roster.

But... I believe Gable will beat Joe and then will run around a couple weeks with the crown and scepter and then just fade into the background to be forgotten.

Why do I believe that? Because....WWE.
G Kev...I think you've been hanging around me too much.

?

Reactions: Just Kevin

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
But isn't Joe past the point of it helping his career?

I mean he's been "jobbed out" in so many "top card"
title matches at this point...and Joe is kind of old.

If that's the reasoning, we should expect Joe to be crowned no matter what. We still always try to apply rational reasons for WWE's decisions as to who wins what, and then end up calling them stupid when they, more often than not, go a direction we thinks made no sense.

Joe is actually a year younger than Booker T when Booker won the tournament and the same age as William Regal when Regal won it. I would say at this point in all three careers, Joe has more years left on him that either of those two did when they won.

Seems to be more likely for me to say after the show "Why they hell did they make HIM king?" as opposed to, "Oh yeah! All hail the King who deserved to win!"

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
If that's the reasoning, we should expect Joe to be crowned no matter what. We still always try to apply rational reasons for WWE's decisions as to who wins what, and then end up calling them stupid when they, more often than not, go a direction we thinks made no sense.

Joe is actually a year younger than Booker T when Booker won the tournament and the same age as William Regal when Regal won it. I would say at this point in all three careers, Joe has more years left on him that either of those two did when they won.

Seems to be more likely for me to say after the show "Why they hell did they make HIM king?" as opposed to, "Oh yeah! All hail the King who deserved to win!"
Okay...well...you do make some valid points...

I just think Ricochet or Gable would benefit more from winning it.

And William Regal won the King of the Ring?!

Wow...I did not know that.