Rate Smackdown Live! 9/17/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Smackdown Live! and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

The New Day vs the Revival and Randy Orton

The New day won. Then, for some odd reason, Big E and Xavier Woods leave and Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar challenged Kofi to a title match. Kofi accepted and then was hit by an F5.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Ali

The match never took place as Ali attacked Sami and Nakamura beat him up.

Shane and KO

KO came in as as a fan and Shane McMahon was served with a wrongful termination suit. He was invited into the ring where the two bickered, with KO pointing out that he was fined for attacked a ref and then Shane attacked him as a ref.

Charlotte Flair vs Sasha Banks

Flair won by DQ

Heavy Machinery vs the B Team

Heavy Machinery won by pin fall

Daniel Bryan

DB came to the ring to discuss his relationship with Erick Rowan. Rowan came to the ring with Harper to confront him and then attack him. The show ended with Rowan and Harper standing tall.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
7/10

Only thing that annoyed me was the opening match. It was too long, I drowned out in the second third of the match.

Brock coming out was a surprise. The match being on the FOX premiere is smart.

Charlotte/Sasha was good. Much more enjoyable than Becky/Sasha, and lasted longer than Bayley/Charlotte. Carmella attacking Bayley made sense. She is pissed off that she stuck with Sasha and calls her her best friend even though Carmella considered Bayley her best friend too. See: Carmella On Who Is Her Best Friend In WWE, Big E Being Her Ideal Tag Team Partner - Wrestling Inc. Did she offer her best friend a title shot when Bayley was supposedly "elevating the Smackdown women's division"? No.

Harper and Rowan are great. I am a Wyatt Family mark for life. People are too cynical and expect a stupid "IT WAS BRYAN ALL ALONG". I feel bad for Tom "Fuck Face" Phillips though. I wish they attacked Graves instead, but then again that would have turned them into faces. Saxton should have given them the Saxtonation tho

Gable destroying King Corbin was great. Hopefully the destruction of the crown and sceptre means Corbin won't adopt a stupid king gimmick. Just because you win KotR doesn't mean you need to have a king gimmick. Corey looking highly dejected was great.

Ali facing Nakamura for the IC title is going to be great. Much better than Miz (lol is Miz the biggest goober in WWE at the moment).

Owens got a good face pop. Smarks may think Owen's has lost his momentum as a face but the crowd reactions tell otherwise.

The HM/B Team tag match was a fun breather before the main event segment. Not everything needs to be a 5 star, serious match.

Still waiting for them to do something with Andrade, Murphy and Aleister tho. Their roster is fucking stacked lol

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Shane and KO

KO came in as as a fan and Shane McMahon was served with a wrongful termination suit. He was invited into the ring where the two bickered, with KO pointing out that he was fined for attacked a ref and then Shane attacked him as a ref.

[/SPOILER]
Ahhh that's what wrestling fans want. A legal storyline about wrongful terminations. Owens! What happened to you not caring about anything!?

• Haha
Reactions: bullyballmm

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Then, for some odd reason, Big E and Xavier Woods leave and Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar challenged Kofi to a title match. Kofi accepted and then was hit by an F5.
Wow...that sounds SO out of character for Big E & Xavier...

?

And I guess Le$nar will become a part time Champion
on SDL now yeah?

?

Shane and KO
This feud is so bad...

I don't know how you guys put up with this horseshit week in, week out.

Charlotte Flair vs Sasha Banks
Flair won by DQ
?

Whatever...

Daniel Bryan
DB came to the ring to discuss his relationship with Erick Rowan. Rowan came to the ring with Harper to confront him and then attack him. The show ended with Rowan and Harper standing tall.
So let me suggest a theory for you guys to consider:

Vince wanted to book Reign/Bryan as SummerSlam with Reigns as the "face"...
but got cold feet so neither man had a match...then he again decided to push
for the match with Bryan attacking Reigns at CoC, costing him his match with
Rowan...but Vince again changed his mind at the last minute...however Rowan
could not go over Reigns clean...even in a no DQ match...so Harper was finally
used as a "Get out of Jail Free" card & it once again appears the Reigns/Bryan
match won't happen but instead it will be a tag match with Bryan & Reigns taking
on Harper & Rowan at HiaC.

what do you guys think?

:idk3:

Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Wow...that sounds SO out of character for Big E & Xavier...
what do you guys think?

I think you shouldn't just read the recap from Jacob, which is devoid of a lot of info about what happened on the show. e.g. There was a Corbin/Gable segment in which Gable got over

Anyway, Kofi told Big E and Xavier to exit the ring to make it a fair one-on-one confrontation.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think you shouldn't just read the recap from Jacob, which is devoid of a lot of info about what happened on the show.
Base...I'm never going to stop doing "this" so just deal with it Buddy.

There was a Corbin/Gable segment in which Gable got over
But Corbin won the match that mattered...so why should anyone care?

Anyway, Kofi told Big E and Xavier to exit the ring to make it a fair one-on-one confrontation.
Wow...that makes Kofi seem like a complete moron...
because face or not...I'd want my team watching my
back against Le$nar...

But maybe that's just me.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Base...I'm never going to stop doing "this" so just deal with it Buddy.

I am going to pretend you are comparing me to Buddy Murphy and therefore I'll take the compliment

But Corbin won the match that mattered...so why should anyone care?

Because they are obviously setting up a Gable/Corbin feud, which is good for Gable fans. And even though you dislike Corbin, you can't deny that some people do - not everybody thinks like you.

Also because the KotR match isn't the be-all and end-all. If Gable wins the feud then it doesn't matter if Corbin wins the KotR match - having the face win the feud but having the heel winning the original accolade the feud is over has been done in WWE before and it works. The face can say they won the feud while the heel will always be able to gloat about winning the accolade. It's smart booking

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Because they are obviously setting up a Gable/Corbin feud, which is good for Gable fans. And even though you dislike Corbin, you can't deny that some people do - not everybody thinks like you.

Also because the KotR match isn't the be-all and end-all. If Gable wins the feud then it doesn't matter if Corbin wins the KotR match - having the face win the feud but having the heel winning the original accolade the feud is over has been done in WWE before and it works. The face can say they won the feud while the heel will always be able to gloat about winning the accolade. It's smart booking
I completely disagree.

There is no point to them feuding as Corbin has already won the prize.

The booking is backwards...the KOTR final should have been the end...
not the start.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I completely disagree.

There is no point to them feuding as Corbin has already won the prize.

The booking is backwards...the KOTR final should have been the end...
not the start.

So the Cody/Damien Sandow feud should not have happened just because Sandow won the MitB contract?

The Daniel/Kofi feud should not have happened because Bryan retained his title and they weren't feuding prior to the EC PPV (and Kofi was never meant to be in the title scene - only being a replacement for an injured Ali?)

Any feud that begins after a successful MitB cash-in is invalid under your logic because the person cashing in has already won the "prize" (the championship).

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So the Cody/Damien Sandow feud should not have happened just because Sandow won the MitB contract?
I wasn't around for that so I can't comment...
although apparently Sandow was booked like
complete shit with the briefcase & failed his
cash in like a total dweeb...so...bad example?

The Daniel/Kofi feud should not have happened because Bryan retained his title and they weren't feuding prior to the EC PPV (and Kofi was never meant to be in the title scene - only being a replacement for an injured Ali?)
I don't understand your point?

Any feud that begins after a successful MitB cash-in is invalid under your logic because the person cashing in has already won the "prize" (the championship).
Yeah...but you see in this case no matter what happens...
all King Foreskin has to do is state "I'm the King" & anything
Gable achieves basically means jack & shit...and jack left town.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I wasn't around for that so I can't comment...
although apparently Sandow was booked like
complete shit with the briefcase & failed his
cash in like a total dweeb...so...bad example?

Sandow was booked like any other MitB winner. The only thing that made him look like a dweeb was the cash in, and that was only because we were still in LOLCENAWINS times. Fuck Cena

I don't understand your point?

Your initial point was that feuds should not start if a prize was already won (or never lost in the case of the EC match). My point with all my examples is that there are plenty of feuds (both good and bad) that begin with one person winning a prize over another person - and then those 2 people continue to feud, either still for the prize or just because they hate each other.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Your initial point was that feuds should not start if a prize was already won (or never lost in the case of the EC match). My point with all my examples is that there are plenty of feuds (both good and bad) that begin with one person winning a prize over another person - and then those 2 people continue to feud, either still for the prize or just because they hate each other.
And my point is this "feud" is pointless in this case
because Gable cannot claim the KOTR. He lost the
match that matters & even if he defeats Corbin in
5 matches over the next 5 weeks...Corbin is still
the King.

Personally Gable deserves better than a feud with
Corbin...but lately the WWE seems hell bent on
having smaller guys wrestle monsters...

Rollins vs. Corbin, Le$nar, Strowman & now Wyatt...
& now Kofi against Le$nar...& Gable vs. Corbin.

How about Rollins vs. Gable? Or even Kofi vs. Gable?

Now those matches would have spome serious potential.