Rate Smackdown Live! 8/22/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
AJ has a rep for being a loyal family man and he wants to spend time with his kids before they're all grown up. He'd been offered a contract by WWE before and turned it down... likely because how hard WWE wrestlers work and how often. I am sure he was offered a lot of money and will probably be sitting pretty by 42. But we'll see.

Although he has often mentioned that God is even more important to him than his family so if God wants him to wrestle...
I can respect A.J for that...family and faith is important...
I just think it would be a shame for him to walk away
from wrestling when he is possibly the best in-ring worker
in the world at the moment.

Although...I have heard Kenny Omega is the best...but...
I've only ever seen him wrestle one match...but granted
that was a fantastic match.

I just enjoy watching Styles perform...he has this amazing
ability to "elevate" everyone he wrestles with.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious how they basically have to book the US title like their main title because AJ's just too good to be a midcarder. In my opinion, having Jinder hold the US title and AJ the WWE title would make way more sense anyways but they obviously stuck to something else.

Happy with the reactions both Shelton Benjamin and Bobby Roode got BUT, even though Roode got a good babyface reaction, I do hope they go back to his heelish ways sooner or later. After all that's what put him over and I also read that they wanna have Roode get the main event heel run Corbin was about to get.. so I'm actually expecting him to move forward as a heel in the near future

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious how they basically have to book the US title like their main title because AJ's just too good to be a midcarder. In my opinion, having Jinder hold the US title and AJ the WWE title would make way more sense anyways but they obviously stuck to something else.

Happy with the reactions both Shelton Benjamin and Bobby Roode got BUT, even though Roode got a good babyface reaction, I do hope they go back to his heelish ways sooner or later. After all that's what put him over and I also read that they wanna have Roode get the main event heel run Corbin was about to get.. so I'm actually expecting him to move forward as a heel in the near future

Hey, the US championship hasn't been this relevant in years, it has that feeling like when the IC title was that huge... I'll let this by

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Hey, the US championship hasn't been this relevant in years, it has that feeling like when the IC title was that huge... I'll let this by
If it ain't broke don't fix it... but it I would be nice to swap Aj, Roode and all the darlings to the main title.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hey, the US championship hasn't been this relevant in years
in years you mean 2.. you know.. when Cena held it lol
also, during the whole Owens/Jericho thing it was pretty big too

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I was watching Smackdown, but I fell asleep for work. Then, the next morning, during work, I check the results and what's this - BOBBY FRIGGIN' ROODE made the roster debut...

...And, yo... He fucking NAILLED the debut. And it was over in a second, but it was a good few seconds! I was laughing at the crowd going like "Glorious, Glorious" when the time was right. And the opponent reined on it, too... Awesome match, even though I don't know the other guy.

I can't wait for him to have a championship run, and/or a match with AJ Styles.

I've been watching his career in TNA, and was hoping for him to get to WWE eventually. Now he's here. I'm excited!

Now, that's how you do a debut! But this debut wouldn't be without any kind of prior "story" so to speak (him winning NXT championship and not just that, holding it for a year).

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Carmella3.jpg

:woah:

Those cameramen had the best spot in the house...

I'm going to give SmackDown 9 out of 10 because
of Bobby Roode's Glorious debut and Carmella's
glorious outfit.

The show would have got a 10...but Ellsworth was
hanging around smelling up the place.

Last edited: