Rate Smackdown Live! 8/15/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live

• 0/10

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
cSzw4bb.png

this is either a Sandow situation where the company gave up on Corbin or they have something planned for him and just wanna throw us off a bit. But at least Nakamura is getting a lengthier title reign now

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
cSzw4bb.png

this is either a Sandow situation where the company gave up on Corbin or they have something planned for him and just wanna throw us off a bit. But at least Nakamura is getting a lengthier title reign now

Exactly

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The speculation now is WWE lost faith in Baron Corbin, maybe due in part to losing so badly in verbal battles with John Cena and social media spats with Mojo Rawley.
Wow...what a waste of a briefcase...

I guess in hindsight Nakamura or Styles
should have won it...

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
meh, Rollins got his dick leaked and he still cashed in at Wrestlemania. I doubt that a few tweets ruined this for Corbin, maybe they're just not happy with how he's been performing lately but I'm not sure. Maybe this was really just to get people talking about Cena/Corbin

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
They pulled off that failed cash in well... well now Corbin will never be world champ LOL I should meme this

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for SummerSlam was okay. 5/10

Can't say I'm all that hyped for SummerSlam, but at least Nakamura has a big chance of becoming the champ now considering what happened with Corbin, but I guess we'll see this Sunday.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Pretty enjoyable show overall (gave it a 6/10) but there's no doubt really that the main event was/is the main talking point.

So, I'm watching this and when Corbin breaks the count ending the match in DQ, I am sitting there wondering "Jinder is just laying there after an AA and a super AA...screw Cena, why not cash in now?"...And holly fuck, he did. And holly fuck...he lost.

I ain't one to normally toot my own horn but, well, I did call the failed cash in last week in one of the Summerslam threads regarding the WWE Championship match.

Though I would really prefer to wait until after the go home show before making a final prediction on this match (you know, just in case they give us any kind of indication or drop a clue), my thinking as of now is the concept of a failed cash in situation, something last done 4 years ago with Damien Sandow. That is, of course, should there be a cash in attempt to begin with.

The "problem" with this idea is that WWE are obviously very high on Corbin (which is why he won MITB in the first place) however I feel it's as clear as day that he simply isn't ready just yet for that next big step. I am honestly not one to shit on the guy and can certainly see him as champion some time down the road (perhaps another year or so) but as of now, I just don't see the timing being right.

Now, granted, this was obviously not the way I envisioned the whole thing going down and my pitch was in regards to the championship match this Sunday, thinking that it would serve best in either protecting Nakamura or making him look even stronger by pinning both Mahal and Corbin on the same night. The concept of the failed cash in though, I saw it coming a mile away...

I guess, in a way, Nakamura is protected after all since he won't have to worry about a possible cash in should he win come Sunday...

Aside from that, I'd rather not talk about anything else on this show being there wasn't really anything of great importance to be noted so my final comment...simply prayers and thoughts for Ric Flair and his family...

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Pretty enjoyable show overall (gave it a 6/10) but there's no doubt really that the main event was/is the main talking point.

So, I'm watching this and when Corbin breaks the count ending the match in DQ, I am sitting there wondering "Jinder is just laying there after an AA and a super AA...screw Cena, why not cash in now?"...And holly fuck, he did. And holly fuck...he lost.

I ain't one to normally toot my own horn but, well, I did call the failed cash in last week in one of the Summerslam threads regarding the WWE Championship match.

Now, granted, this was obviously not the way I envisioned the whole thing going down and my pitch was in regards to the championship match this Sunday, thinking that it would serve best in either protecting Nakamura or making him look even stronger by pinning both Mahal and Corbin on the same night. The concept of the failed cash in though, I saw it coming a mile away...

I guess, in a way, Nakamura is protected after all since he won't have to worry about a possible cash in should he win come Sunday...

Aside from that, I'd rather not talk about anything else on this show being there wasn't really anything of great importance to be noted so my final comment...simply prayers and thoughts for Ric Flair and his family...
I love that you've quoted yourself. I've often wanted to do the same so I could tell myself how awesome of a point I happened to be making. This way I could rack a bunch of dislikes and increase that notch count.

I realize that's not what you were doing but since you did it I figured I'd fist bump you anyway.

Reactions: alexb

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I love that you've quoted yourself. I've often wanted to do the same so I could tell myself how awesome of a point I happened to be making. This way I could rack a bunch of dislikes and increase that notch count.

I realize that's not what you were doing but since you did it I figured I'd fist bump you anyway.
Wicked awesome post, brother.