Rate Smackdown Live! 8/1/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 8/10

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 9/10

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10/10

• Total voters

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
And therein lies the real question...

I'd guess its because...
~ He doesn't have a body like Jinder Mahal...
~ He's not from India (although neither is Jinder)
~ He's not Roman Reigns...
~ He's not 6ft or taller...
~ He's not blonde...
~ He's not on Total Divas...
~ He doesn't have large breasts...

Am I missing any?

I'd love to make a joke about the "untapped Canadian market! They can build up a Canadian superstar like Zayn to win the title and..." But, you know. Jinder.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
~ He doesn't have large breasts...
looks like he almost has that thing covered. Like seriously, what has this dude been eatin lately?
031_SD_08012017dg_0982--3e7d143a2f4912e84c3267a4df1e7e80.jpg

960.jpg

it's not by much but I've been noticing it. Maybe he's lost a bit of motivation

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Smackdown 1/8/2017 review

- Show opened up with a US title match between AJ Styles and KO. Nothing new here, which isn't really bad. It was a good match, and a good way to open the show. Although I am not really hyped for their Summerslam match, since we have seen these two face off in some capacity practically every week for the last 2 months. That being said, their Summerslam match should be their best one yet.

- The Twin Peaks spoof was great.

- Sami for some bizarre reason lost to Aiden English in 2 mins. Lel it's sad to say but it seems like Sami was better off on Raw. Plus he is continuing his feud with Mike and Maria Kanellis, which is just ... WHY?

- Usos cut an ok promo. Not really sure how i feel about the new version of their song though.

- The women's tag team match was same old, same old.

- Rusev vs Chad Gable was a darn good match. Props to Gable, he looked great here. Really hope they use him in a useful capacity, because as he proved in this match, this guy is a great worker. After Rusev won, Orton came out and challenged him to a match at Summerslam. Hmm a bit random, but I'm ok with it.

- The main event was good, but nothing epic though. Glad Nakamura went over, since I really didn't want to see another Cena wins one for the troops BS. Not really sure how well Nakamura and Jinder will work together, but I look forward to finding out.

Overall : 7.5/10

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The show was very good and simply flew by. SmackDown seems to be getting back on track. 8/10

- AJ Styles vs KO was a pretty good show opener. I was not a big fan of the finish, though. It was botched by the ref again just like at Battleground, but it also felt a bit lazy and felt like it only served to set up another rematch at SummerSlam, which I don't really mind... But, the match at SummerSlam will probably feature another screwy finish involving Shane that's going to lead to a KO/Shane feud. Oh, well. lol

- The Usos cut a good promo. I also like the new version of their theme. It is much better with lyrics.

- The Fashion Peaks segment was okay, I guess. Can't say I'm a fan of The Ascension being the ones behind the attacks, but oh well.

- English vs Zayn was okay given the time constraint. English winning seems like he might be receiving a little push and that is okay, but Zayn losing in under 2 minutes is not okay. They could've at least had them work a competitive 7-8 minute match, but this way, it really comes off like they have no idea what to do with Zayn. It's a damn shame.

- Naomi & Becky vs Carmella & Natalya was okay.

- Rusev vs Gable was good. It was a fresh match-up, so it was fun. Rusev needed the win considering what happened at Battleground and Gable looked good in defeat. The post-match segment with Rusev and Orton was alright and set up the SummerSlam match nicely. Also, that RKO was so good.

- Nakamura vs Cena was a very good ME. I feel this would've been better on a PPV, but it was a very good match, nonetheless. They worked hard, had an invested crowd and delivered a fun match. Cena landing hard on his neck when Nakamura hit a Reverse Exploder scared the shit out of me, but I was glad to see Cena was able to continue. Nakamura was such a class act that he apologized after the match, even though it wasn't really his mistake. Also, Nakamura winning was so great. So, Nakamura vs Mahal at SummerSlam, huh? I guess Nakamura is going to win and then they'll probably have Corbin cash in on him afterwards a la SummerSlam 2013.

All in all, it was a good show and SmackDown seems to be improving.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Did no one else notice Cena getting dropped on his head? Looked like a botch to me, and made me cringe when I saw it.

He walked out of the ring, but it appeared there was a real chance for legitimate neck injury on that one. You can also see the ref's reaction as well. He looked about ready to call it when Cena got up.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Did no one else notice Cena getting dropped on his head? Looked like a botch to me, and made me cringe when I saw it.

ehhh
And holy shit. That back suplex Nakamura hit on Cena looked super dangerous. Cena landed hard on his neck

the win by nakamura was kinda overshadowed by Cena landing directly on his neck for me. I cringed hard

Cena landing hard on his neck when Nakamura hit a Reverse Exploder scared the shit out of me

and btw, Cena's fine. Nakamura apologized, John said that he shouldn't be and everything was alright because apparently he still had enough power to put Corbin through the announce table after Smackdown went off the air

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I find it funny that it took a horrendous PPV (Battleground) for SD to finally pick it up a notch but regardless, another stellar show this week. Very briefly:

- Props to Cena for putting Nakamura over cleanly. You may not like the guy (he ain't my favorite either) but if we are to be fair about it, got to give him them props...

- Mike and Maria Kanellis....DOOMED I tell ya.....I mean, was this the worst promo or what? "Oh, we love each other but we love watching you lose". What the fuck is this? Kindergarden? Honestly, poor Sami for being stuck in this rediculous storyline...

- So Rusev vs. Randy Orton....Sigh....

- Chad Gable: Superstar of the night, what a performance !!!

Reactions: TheprofileofJericho