Rate Smackdown Live! 4/16/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate the Smackdown Live! Superstar Shakeup and leave a comment or two to let us know what you thought of the show!

KO Show

Kevin Owens offered his services as an honorary member of the New Day called the Big O.

Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor vs Ali

Balor won by pin fall

Charlotte Flair vs Carmella

Flair won by submission. R Truth was then attacked by Lars Sullivan but Carmella got away.

Women Segment

Becky Lynch was in the ring and she was approached by several different wrestlers, including Paige who introduced her new tag team of Asuka and Kairi Sane

Asuka and Kairi Sane, Ember Moon and Bayley vs the Iconics, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville

Asuka and Kairi Sane, Ember Moon and Bayley won by pin fall

The New Day and Big O vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro and Rusev

The New Day and Big O won by pin fall

Vince McMahon announcement

Vince teased that the big acquisition was Elias until Roman Reigns came out and beat him up. Vince tried to ban him but he was then attacked by Roman.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
10/10 just for Asuka and Kairi Sane becoming a tag team...though I know it won't last long...or they get buried...

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
In all honesty? a 10 out of 10 because it doesn't have to be perfection to please me just do something different and it was tonight. "In Wrestling everything is temporary" as the great bill Goldberg once said so therefore it is as good as it gets right now and I've been a fan since 1994 so this is a big deal.

Reactions: Snowman1

StarChaser90

Reaction score
This shake-up really wasn't as exciting as the previous years imo. Sure we got a lot of surprises (I really didn't see Balor or Reigns coming) but it was kind of slow...the night is all about drafts and action. We got Finn Balor during the first hour, we didn't get a single surprise again until Ember Moon an hour later.

Also, should probably mention in total, Smackdown got twelve draft picks and they didn''t even bother mentioning four of them.

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
Well all my favorites reside on Raw now and Smackdown just got wrecked besides having a reasonably stacked Women's division despite most being treated as jobbers, Glad Balor moved they just need Aleister Black and Ricochet over there tbh.

Also trade Joe and his US title for Drew.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Who knew KO joining New Day would get such a pop? I hope they continue this for awhile because they will have some hilarious bits.

Reactions: Death Walker

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Why has smackdown just got loads of women? Naomi to Raw and Smackdown get Liv, Bayley, Ember, Sane...

But yeah this was a good show. The New Day stuff was fun and can lead to something even more interesting.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
they did well with the Reigns segment, I just hope they don't tip toe around the idea of booking Kofi vs Reigns. Now that Bryan's injured, these are the 2 biggest stars on your roster, so I'd say just book them in a match to form a proper main event. Sure, people are gonna boo Reigns but they've been waiting for a reason to boo him since Fastlane anyways, so why not get it over with and bring that Styles/Reigns face vs tweener dynamic back aye?

Who knew KO joining New Day would get such a pop?
tbf, they were in Montreal lol

Reactions: Death Walker

StarChaser90

Reaction score
Why has smackdown just got loads of women? Naomi to Raw and Smackdown get Liv, Bayley, Ember, Sane...

But yeah this was a good show. The New Day stuff was fun and can lead to something even more interesting.

I dunno who signed off on that. They made Raw trade away five women and get three in return, one of which doesn't even wrestle that often.

Well all my favorites reside on Raw now and Smackdown just got wrecked besides having a reasonably stacked Women's division despite most being treated as jobbers, Glad Balor moved they just need Aleister Black and Ricochet over there tbh.

Also trade Joe and his US title for Drew.

I thought I was the only one who caught onto that. Everyone's praising Smackdown on being the A show and how they have Balor and Reigns but overlook how Raw's midcard, tag team, and main event scene is undoutably stronger...

Reactions: Phenomenal Blissfit

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Last year Raw got screwed undoubtedly. I don't know if sdl got screwed this time. I may not be looking that deep into it but the drafts seem fair. Roman on Smackdown is great. Elias seems best suited to Raw but hes still a very over character. who else is there? dunno