Rate Smackdown Live! 10/2/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Anyway...

AJ vs Joe in a buried alive match?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
AJ vs Joe in a buried alive match?
The AJ and Joe match isn't going to be a Buried Alive match. It was just something AJ said in his promo to either build up the feud or a foreshadow of what "might" happen.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The AJ and Joe match isn't going to be a Buried Alive match. It was just something AJ said in his promo to either build up the feud or a foreshadow of what "might" happen.
That sucks

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Not sure how they messed up the AJ/Joe feud, but they did. They should have made it a Buried Alive match, and AJ was speaking as if it was going to be, so to have the announce team straight after AJ's video sell the match as a normal no dq match as it was before the 'heinous act' Joe did last week felt odd. Also it would have been great if Joe came out later in the night to gloat, thinking AJ is at home, but then AJ attacks him and it turns out the video was prerecorded all along. This is simple Booking 101, Road Dogg

The mixed tag was good and Carmella can surprisingly wrestle. I love her new look. Nice to see R-Truth still loved by the fans

Shelton getting a win is nice but unless this does something for his future, meh. Because he scored wins over Orton and Hardy earlier in the year during that messy US title scene around WM (which also involved Roode and Mahal). If Daniel doesn't win on Sunday then his star has really fallen.

That New Day segment was awful. Reminded me of the New Day/Club feud with shit segments like 'Old Day'. Only way that segment would have made me happy is if The Bar went mercilessly on Mr. Bootyworth.

Is it just me, or have we had a charity marketing segment each week for the past 2 months? Get your hand off the product, Stephanie McMahon. You can help charities without always shouting to the world that you are helping others. Promote it on your social media or something. But stop having 5-10 minutes in-ring/on ramp segments each week. Enough.

Iconics will cheat to win in Australia, just watch. Hopefully after this Becky/Charlotte feud Asuka can come back to the title scene.

Speaking of Becky/Charlotte, that segment at the end did nothing for me. People who are continuing to justify Becky's actions are kidding themselves. She's a heel. Charlotte coming out and attacking Becky after she shat on her and attacked her unprovoked during a photo shoot last week isn't a heel move, and for some people online to say that was Charlotte "turning heel" is just completely moronic. Becky has found an edgier side to her, and her initial betrayal of Charlotte was justified, but since winning the title she has only become even more arrogant. She is a heel now.

Oh, speaking of turning what could be a good feud with good character development into shit, that whole One Night in Milwaukee thing does nothing for me. The story that was meant to be told was that Aiden was frustrated with Rusev always blaming him for the shortcomings of the team even though Rusev was as much to blame for losing big matches, and being jealous that Lana was brought into the fold. It didn't need to turn into a "Did Lana cheat on Rusev?" angle.

Having said all that, overall I was entertained by the episode. 6/10