Rate Smackdown Live 02/21/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 8/10

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I don't think that is really a gimmick thing, I think that is just her. Nothing wrong with it, just not everyone's cup of tea. As for Bayley...

:pokerface:

With her whole thing of being "one of us"... a wrestling fan.. then you would think she would have seen a ton of promos and know what to do in that moment.. I hadn't seen this yet. Pretty sad really..

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

I get what Kevin is saying but it isn't her mic skills, it is her voice. Her voice can be a bit too "preppy" but the promo above takes skill. I don't know many women on the roster that can roast someone like that live on mic at the drop of a hat. Most of them mess up or sound like they are reading off of cards in a very terrible fashion.

Yeah, this is what I was saying @Grievous ... her voice annoys me.. her mic skills are there, I'll acknowledge that, I just can't stand to listen to her lol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
With her whole thing of being "one of us"... a wrestling fan.. then you would think she would have seen a ton of promos and know what to do in that moment.. I hadn't seen this yet. Pretty sad really..

Yeah she gets very nervous on the mic. Just makes her look bad. I do feel bad for her though, a lot of kids enjoy her, specially the younger female audience. If she can't improve she won't go far. Her holding the title right now will be the highlight of her career.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I gave it an 8. I was annoyed by the ending, regardless of how it will eventually resolve itself. It was quite clear to anyone with eyes that AJ Styles hit first. And the lame tactic of not figuring it out until "next week" was irritating. I mean, I guess I don't really care too much because I'll watch the show. But I think it was a pretty big rip oi ff to the audience in the arena that night.

All in all, other than that, I didn't have any complaints about the show. I mean, it's too bad Mr. Miyagi wasn't there to cure Naomi, but what can you do?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I gave it an 8. I was annoyed by the ending, regardless of how it will eventually resolve itself. It was quite clear to anyone with eyes that AJ Styles hit first. And the lame tactic of not figuring it out until "next week" was irritating. I mean, I guess I don't really care too much because I'll watch the show. But I think it was a pretty big rip oi ff to the audience in the arena that night.

All in all, other than that, I didn't have any complaints about the show. I mean, it's too bad Mr. Miyagi wasn't there to cure Naomi, but what can you do?

I, for one, didn't mind the ending, honestly. Was it predictable and didn't quite work out the way they wanted to? Yes.

But, unlike RAW, SmackDown doesn't have a PPV 'tween now and Mania, so it's alright if they stretch things out for another week.

Plus, it gives a big ME for next week.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I, for one, didn't mind the ending, honestly. Was it predictable and didn't quite work out the way they wanted to? Yes.

But, unlike RAW, SmackDown doesn't have a PPV 'tween now and Mania, so it's alright if they stretch things out for another week.

Plus, it gives a big ME for next week.

Yeah, but although I was annoyed with the ending, I didn't rate Smackdown any less for having that ending. And annoyance in wrestling is not a bad thing. If we didn't have annoyance in wrestling, we'd likely stop watching.

I think Daniel Bryan's delivery of the decision may have also turned me off. He really didn't deliver his lines very well.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd say 8/10 here.

It didn't really bother me that Naomi had the title stripped. Not that big of a fan.

But seeing alexa win it back was nice. I wish she could reign forever lol. I have a funny feeling Naomi returns just in time for wrestlemania to win the title back in her home town or something cheesy like that.

Breezango needs to just stop.
That's probably the biggest complaint I have with wwe. You're either a big star (or pushed to be a star) or a complete jobber. There's not much middle ground.
The tag division is AA, Usos, and jobbers right now.

Glad natalya got the win but I mean, this mixed tag match they seem to be going for, isn't too appealing. It's just one of those "we don't really know what to do with you guys" matches. I just hope it turns out good.

That battle royal was pretty nice. The promos before were good. And yes. AJ touched the floor first. By a mile. But I'm sure their match next week will be good.
And I can't help but assume this is setting up a triple threat at mania... which didn't orton win a triple threat main event last time wm was in that stadium vs cena and HHH?

Maybe history could repeat itself. But really, I wouldn't mind either one of those guys winning.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

Gave your post "winner" for the Mr. Miyagi reference.
Miyagi.gif

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
But seeing alexa win it back was nice. I wish she could reign forever lol.
The Never Ending Reign of Bliss...
I have a funny feeling Naomi returns just in time for wrestlemania to win the title
back in her home town or something cheesy like that.
Well...it may-be cheesy...but it will be a feelgood Wrestlemania moment...so I'm all for it...
Breezango needs to just stop.
I agree...both men would be better off in the mid-card...
That's probably the biggest complaint I have with wwe. You're either a big star (or pushed to be a star) or a complete jobber. There's not much middle ground.
Or your just not on TV at all...its sad really...

Reactions: Gman003

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wow... There's nobody I've ragged on more on this site I'm sure than Bray Wyatt... Moreso from a booking standpoint than a performer one. But having the Wyatt family struggles in the main event feels really, really fresh.

There's been quite a few times where we've been able to see where things are going, and the logical flow of things seems to feel more boring than it should when you know where it's going. But the freshness of the Wyatts having the belts, new guys getting pushed, giving us fresh matchups, knowing Smackdown's already shown to give a curveball or two to angles and still not run the finish... is overpowering the predictable booking, and the fact that the biggest loser on the roster is running around with the WWE Championship...

Maybe it's just that between the finals of this battle royal, last week's triple threat, and Elimination Chamber, we're getting some really good wrestling. That seems to cure almost anything. Styles, Wyatt, Harper, and Cena (putting him last here) clashing so often is leading to some really good stuff...

For the rest of the show, the injury sucks for Naomi in the best way possible. She felt like a Challenger of the Month that just got lucky to beat Alexa, now she's a sympathetic babyface that got screwed out of her dream by bad injury luck. Get well soon, and I'm WAY more into a Naomi chase now... There's something missing from Alexa and I have no idea what. She's one of the best promos on the entire roster - by far the best of the girls, she's been booked as an incredibly smart girl whose finishes get the right kind of heat, but... I don't know, something isn't clicking. (Maybe it is just in the ring, but Charlotte has the same issue). Where did THIS Uso promo come from? I liked them MUCH more than most as the babyface tag team due to their infections energy, but seeing the Wild Urban Samoans screaming their heads off until they drove themselves insane was AWESOME television... Why does the entire SD tag division look like such hapless, worthless scrubs outside of these teams though... The pre-match promos were fun, though man I hate Cena for the way he was like "Eh, it was legal, what can you do" after getting screwed over by the Miz. Fuck that, some some damn emotion!!... but hey, Nikki Bella was apparently beaten with a lead pipe and Cena didn't care. He's the worst.... I don't want to see AJ Styles wasted in a program with Shane McMahon after this show, even if I did before since at least he'd win a match instead of have the one with Nakamura where nobody can afford a loss... There's no way to do a story between the two that makes sense, especially after the botched finish... Shit happens, nothing against them. Can't do a number rating due to too much fast-forwarding lol

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
There's something missing from Alexa and I have no idea what. She's one of the best promos on the entire roster - by far the best of the girls, she's been booked as an incredibly smart girl whose finishes get the right kind of heat, but... I don't know, something isn't clicking. (Maybe it is just in the ring, but Charlotte has the same issue).
You don't like blondes?
:p

I think every member of the entire women's division could be seen as "missing" something...whether its
character, skill or appearance based...some examples would be:

~ Asuka's lack of ability with the English language...
~ Becky Lynch's lack of the "killer instinct" (even for a babyface)...
~ Bayley's lack of a decent finisher...& mic skills...
~ Charlotte's lack of character...
~ Dana Brooke's lack of wrestling skills...
~ Eva Marie's lack of appearing on TV...lol
~ Naomi's lack of healthy legs...
~ Natalya's lack of fan support...
~ Sasha's lack of body mass...
~ Liv Morgan's lack of experience
& I could just keep going...

Now I mean no disrespect to any of these ladies...but the truth is
no one is perfect and some of these women are able to put aside
their weaknesses and play to their strengths.

If I had to guess what may-be "missing" for Alexa Bliss...well...I have 2 theories...

1). Her Height:
Now while they play off the 5ft of Fury really well...and Alexa
has a great body with female "curves" and great muscle tone...she is incredibly
tiny for a female wrestler...and while its hidden will next to the other SmackDown
ladies...she would look even smaller standing next to Charlotte or Nia Jax.

Perhaps you can't handle her being so tiny/short?

I have that problem with Sasha Banks...I just find her too thin...

or

2). Her lack of experience/limited moveset: Now there is no doubt that
Alexa has been the most surprising success story since the brand split
and she deserves respect for taking the opportunity with both hands
and running with it....but...she is still green as hell and also seems to
lack variety in her moveset. Perhaps with another 6 to 8 months experience
and some new moves in her arsenal...she would have what you think is
missing. Personally I'd like to see her use some type of submission hold
like the Dragon Sleeper or the Million Dollar Dream...she could call it "the
Blissful Sleep" lol

Just thinking out loud...

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
You don't like blondes?
:p

I think every member of the entire women's division could be seen as "missing" something...whether its
character, skill or appearance based...some examples would be:

~ Asuka's lack of ability with the English language...
~ Becky Lynch's lack of the "killer instinct" (even for a babyface)...
~ Bayley's lack of a decent finisher...& mic skills...
~ Charlotte's lack of character...
~ Dana Brooke's lack of wrestling skills...
~ Eva Marie's lack of appearing on TV...lol
~ Naomi's lack of healthy legs...
~ Natalya's lack of fan support...
~ Sasha's lack of body mass...
~ Liv Morgan's lack of experience
& I could just keep going...

Now I mean no disrespect to any of these ladies...but the truth is
no one is perfect and some of these women are able to put aside
their weaknesses and play to their strengths.

If I had to guess what may-be "missing" for Alexa Bliss...well...I have 2 theories...

1). Her Height:
Now while they play off the 5ft of Fury really well...and Alexa
has a great body with female "curves" and great muscle tone...she is incredibly
tiny for a female wrestler...and while its hidden will next to the other SmackDown
ladies...she would look even smaller standing next to Charlotte or Nia Jax.

Perhaps you can't handle her being so tiny/short?

I have that problem with Sasha Banks...I just find her too thin...

or

2). Her lack of experience/limited moveset: Now there is no doubt that
Alexa has been the most surprising success story since the brand split
and she deserves respect for taking the opportunity with both hands
and running with it....but...she is still green as hell and also seems to
lack variety in her moveset. Perhaps with another 6 to 8 months experience
and some new moves in her arsenal...she would have what you think is
missing. Personally I'd like to see her use some type of submission hold
like the Dragon Sleeper or the Million Dollar Dream...she could call it "the
Blissful Sleep" lol

Just thinking out loud...

:haha:

It's really more of a character thing. Actually I think both of those things benefit her. She's not as good of a wrestler as Becky Lynch... but in a way that it feels like in a fair fight Becky wins 10/10 times, and Alexa has to outsmart her and that's why she has the belt. Nothing wrong with that booking, especially when her lack of height and ring skill really accentuate it. Smart stuff!...

I feel like we should just be more connected with the character than many of us are, ya know? (Though you seem to be very well connected with her. :ksi:) Because she's doing a hell of a job. It's similar to Charlotte before the Sasha feud became a punchline lol.

Sasha's definitely too thin!... Mostly after I saw her get thrown off the cell through that table, can't believe the top half of her didn't land in the 5th row.

Aww, I like Bayley's average mic skills, they really did suit her well on NXT... Maybe that's it!? Alexa just doesn't have someone to really feud with that's strong enough to get a good feud going... Maybe the NXT version of any of the Raw girls??

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
It's really more of a character thing.
I feel like we should just be more connected with the character than many of us are, ya know?
Its hard to connect with heels...especially a "Stuck Up Nasty Bitch" I don't really need to connect with
Alexa (or Charlotte) to like them. I absolutely love strong, nasty, assertive women...they are so sexy to me.
(Though you seem to be very well connected with her.)
I have no idea what your talking about...

I'm just a big fan of the WWE pushing new talent...its important that the WWE creates new stars...because without them...
there is no future for the WWE. Performers like Alexa, Baron Corbin, Carmella, American Alpha and Apollo Crews are so
important for the future of (mainstream) wrestling.
Actually I think both of those things benefit her. She's not as good of a wrestler as Becky Lynch... but in a way that it feels like in a fair fight Becky wins 10/10 times, and Alexa has to outsmart her and that's why she has the belt. Nothing wrong with that booking, especially when her lack of height and ring skill really accentuate it. Smart stuff!...
Very true...well said...
Because she's doing a hell of a job. It's similar to Charlotte before the Sasha feud became a punchline lol.
I would say Alexa is currently the Number #1 female heel in the company.
Sasha's definitely too thin!... Mostly after I saw her get thrown off the cell through that table, can't believe the top half of her didn't land in the 5th row.
I know right?! While she "bumps" like a...well...boss...I just wish she was a little thicker
so she could take those bumps without it looking like she's going to break in two.
Aww, I like Bayley's average mic skills, they really did suit her well on NXT...
I really liked Bayley in NXT as well...but I was hoping her character would change and grow
once she reached the main roster...I guess its my fault for getting my hopes up.
Alexa just doesn't have someone to really feud with that's strong enough to get a good feud going...
Its funny you say that...her feud with Becky Lynch was very one-sided with Alexa basically
making Becky look like a chump the entire time with Becky never once getting any kind of
revenge of payback.

Then when Alexa won the title...she stopped kicking ass and turned into a coward...which I
didn't really like but it allowed them to introduce Mickie James and because of that Becky
became distracted and gave up chasing Alexa to focus on Mickie...then Naomi shows up
after a couple of months off TV...pins Alexa twice in tag matches and then Naomi wins the
title.

Alexa didn't treat Naomi as a threat...but why would she? Their feud had like a 3 week build...

It does feel uneven but in saying that Alexa is really good at what she does and I'm not really
sure who could actually "keep up" with her in a feud. Its actually really interesting how they
have kept Nikki Bella far away from Alexa basically the entire time since Nikki returned...
because we can't have Nikki Bella looking bad...especially at the hands of a "Rookie"

God...could you imagine her tearing strips off Bayley? You'd nearly expect Bayley to start
crying as Alexa made fun of her hair, clothes and stupid hug-life gimmick.

"Please don't ever hug me...I don't want head lice" lol