Rate Smackdown Live 02/21/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 8/10

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live in our poll and make sure to leave some comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

SmackDown Live Results:

— The show opened with Daniel Bryan welcoming Naomi to the ring. He told her how proud he is of her, and that makes what he’s about to do even harder. He said that she will be unable to defend the title within the required 30 days, so he’s asking her to relinquish the championship. She tearfully gave up the title, and promised that when she comes back, everybody is going to feel the glow.

Alexa Bliss came to the ring as Naomi departed and mocked Naomi, then offered to help Bryan figure out what to do about the title. She said he should just give the belt to her. Bryan said this is even harder for him to do, because she is the former champion and it does make sense to give her back the championship … but he’s not going to. He makes a match for the championship between Bliss and Becky Lynch.

1. Smackdown Women’s Championship Match: Alexa Bliss defeated Becky Lynch. Bliss became a two-time champion winning the vacated title by hitting Lynch in the throat behind the referee’s back, then rolling her up with a handful of tights. After the match, Mickie James tried to sneak attack Lynch, but Becky managed to successfully drive her off.

2. American Alpha defeated Breezango. Despite Breezango jumping the current Smackdown tag champs before the bell, American Alpha managed to hit the electric chair bulldog and get the pin. After the match, the Usos appeared in the crowd to taunt the champs and challenged them to a fight … but not tonight.

3. Falls Count Anywhere Match: Natalya defeated Nikki Bella. The two women brawled all over ringside and into the back, where they once again knocked over Maryse. Nikki had the Fearless Lock sunk in on the ramp when Maryse ran out and started attacking Nikki with a pipe. The Miz finally dragged Maryse away, but the damage was done and Natalya pinned Nikki for the win.

4. Luke Harper and AJ Styles won the No. 1 Contender’s Battle Royal to Challenge Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania. The 10 participants in the battle royal were John Cena, AJ Styles, Luke Harper, Baron Corbin, Dean Ambrose, Kalisto, Dolph Ziggler, Mojo Rawley, Apollo Crews, and The Miz. The final four was Ambrose, Cena, Styles and Harper. The Miz, who had been eliminated by Cena earlier, ran back in to eliminate Cena. Ambrose was then eliminated by Harper. Harper and Styles both took a tumble to the ground at the end, and the referees said both men’s feet hit the floor at the same time.

— After the match, Daniel Bryan came out and conferred with the referees. He said the official decision is a draw, but we will determine a winner next week. Harper hit Styles with a Discus Clothesline and posed in front of the WrestleMania sign. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton then appeared on the TitanTron and Wyatt laughed as the show went off the air.

Source

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I have no idea what my DVR has against Smackdown, but it does not EVER record it no matter how I set up a series recording. So looks like I'm waiting for Hulu to put it up again,

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Now...its time for the A-Show...SmackDown Live...And here we go...

~ So...wow...this is interesting. Daniel Bryan strips Naomi of the women's title...
and I thought that would happen to Bayley last night.

Okay...so again I put forward the theory that the SmackDown Women's title is
cursed.

Now...this really isn't fair for Naomi...but in a strange way...it almost seems ironic.
Naomi is gone from TV since Survivor Series...she comes back...she pins Bliss twice
in tag matches, gets a shot and wins the title...but it all seemed very rushed with little
build.

Now the rumor is the WWE wanted the belt on Naomi because Wrestlemania is in her home
town...which seems a silly reason to put a title on someone...put I could handle it because
well...Naomi deserved to finally have a run with a title and I was happy that Alexa was already
given a title run so early in her career.

But now...not only did they strip Naomi of the belt (I also note that Daniel & Shane did not strip
Becky Lynch of belt during her first terrible run with the belt) but they then have Alexa "My" Bliss
win the title back against Becky Lynch without any outside help.

Was it a clean win? Well...no...but it was a dirty win on her own and frankly I'm both shocked and happy.

All Hail Little Miss Bliss...A 2x Champion...hopefully her second reign will be better than her first.

alexa_bliss__new_women_s_champion_by_rhyseup-dar6wpq.png

Of course...who steps up now? I mean Nikki Bella is not an option...Becky is busy with Milfie
James...so...who does Alexa move into a program with? Natalya? Carmella? Eva Marie?

redirect_viglink_com.gif

Perhaps Tamina will be making her return to SmackDown sooner rather than later?

But seriously...I really hope Naomi can heal up fast and get back to glowing as
soon as possible.

~ I also want to state that Mickie James again looked scorching hot tonight...
short shorts and cowboy boots...her husband is a very lucky man.

~ American Alpha defeat Breezango (Can we split this team up and get them in the mid-card?)
and the Usos continue to stalk the Alpha of America.

~ The ending of Nikki/Natalya was predictable and we are clearly setting up that mixed tag match
at Mania. The match was great...but my only question is where does Nattie go from here?

~ And the main event Battle Royal was sweet...would have been even better if Mojo had won.
I'm guessing next week it will be Harper vs. Styles for the No.1 contender spot. The Corbin/Ambrose
and Miz/Cena feuds were also developed which is smart booking.

I'm really enjoying the Harper push...but the real X-Factor in all this could be a returning Erick Rowan.

Once again a short, sharp and sweet SmackDown with the added bonus of Alexa "My" Bliss once
again being the Women's Champion on the blue brand.

All we need now is for Charlotte to break Bayley and reclaim the RAW title and I'll be extremely pleased.

The Wyatt Era is great...

Last edited:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Not a fan of the ending of the battle royal, it felt like a cliche, I also dont see AJ winning the match against Harper, it seems too locked on for the Wyatt family triple threat at WM. I'd mark out if AJ won though.

Rest was alright.

7/10 for me.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was a good show. 7/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with DB, Naomi and Alexa was solid and everyone played their roles well.

- Bliss vs Lynch was decent. Just like their previous matches, not bad, but not good, either. Becky and Alexa haven't developed chemistry, but what we got here was perfectly fine and watchable. I think it would've been a bit more better if there wasn't a commercial break, but whatever. Alexa won via heel shenanigans, which is fine.

- All promos by the Battle Royal participants were OK.

- American Alpha vs Breezango was a fine squash. The Usos arrived post-match, screamed and it was great.

- Nikki vs Natalya was good, had the intensity their EC match lacked and they worked the stipulation well overall. Maryse getting involved to cost Nikki the match was expected given the accident that happened backstage earlier and it will lead to The Miz/Maryse vs Cena/Nikki match at Mania. Oh, and one more ting, Cena should've come out to check on his girlfriend.

- The Battle Royal was a good ME. No complaints. Looking forward to Styles vs Harper next week.

Negatives:
- Nikki and Nattie's promos were so meh and simply... Not good. Cutting promos isn't either woman's strong suit, but they made up for it by delivering a good match.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
8/10

I liked the opening.. very emotional.. Naomi deserved to remain the champion much longer, as did Bryan in his time.

Women's title match was just okay.. Alexa is good in the ring but terrible on the mic.. thus she is exactly the same as most of the other women on Smackdown. Naomi is perhaps the only woman that's not incredibly painful to listen to talk across both brands.

American Alpha vs Breezango was incredibly boring... thank goodness the Usos came out and cut a good promo.

Nikki Bella vs Natalya FCA match was very entertaining... good spots throughout.. the setup to the WM mixed tag match was placed in this match.. kinda wished they would have done it some other way and let the Nataya/Bella feud end with this match... instead they left in in limbo.

The Battle Royale was entertaining... some good spots.. a couple great spots.. I actually like the ending.. I think the AJ/Harper match next week is going to be great. Looking forward to it and looking forward to Harper moving on to face Bray at WM.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I know you worship her.. but the truth is the truth. or maybe I just hate a woman constantly sounding like a Valley Girl lol
Its not a case of worshiping her...its the fact your the first person I think I've ever read/heard
saying her mic skills are terrible.

If anything I've heard more people question her ring skills than her mic skills.

And just because its your opinion doesn't make it the truth...

Reactions: Just Kevin

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

I get what Kevin is saying but it isn't her mic skills, it is her voice. Her voice can be a bit too "preppy" but the promo above takes skill. I don't know many women on the roster that can roast someone like that live on mic at the drop of a hat. Most of them mess up or sound like they are reading off of cards in a very terrible fashion.

Reactions: KevinMM38

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I get what Kevin is saying but it isn't her mic skills, it is her voice. Her voice can be a bit too "preppy" but the promo above takes skill. I don't know many women on the roster that can roast someone like that live on mic at the drop of a hat. Most of them mess up or sound like they are reading off of cards in a very terrible fashion.
But...she's playing a "Preppy Bitch" so isn't that the point?

Plus...her facial expressions are just a joy to watch...
tumblr_olrh57z5ho1ux0q3go3_500.png

tumblr_olrh57z5ho1ux0q3go2_500.png

tumblr_olhy9woCcC1ux0q3go2_500.png
Ehh...I guess...I have the same problem with "Boring Bayley"
so I under stand not liking the sound of someone's voice.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
But...she's playing a "Preppy Bitch" so isn't that the point?

Plus...her facial expressions are just a joy to watch...

tumblr_olrh57z5ho1ux0q3go3_500.png

tumblr_olrh57z5ho1ux0q3go2_500.png

tumblr_olhy9woCcC1ux0q3go2_500.png

Ehh...I guess...I have the same problem with "Boring Bayley"
so I under stand not liking the sound of someone's voice.

I don't think that is really a gimmick thing, I think that is just her. Nothing wrong with it, just not everyone's cup of tea. As for Bayley...

:pokerface:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I know...that clip is painful...I actually wish I never saw that clip...
It kind of killed Bayley for me...

Yes WWE fans...this is the woman who is currently the RAW Women's Champion...

Ugh...God I look forward to Charlotte crushing her at Fastlane and sending
her home crying...

Reactions: Solid Snake