Rate Smackdown 8/28/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
As long as Becky embraces the crowd and not trash them, then I am into this feud.

Think that's the key to both of these major feuds. Don't worry about "getting heat", just tell a story. Angry Becky is relatable and I don't blame her for being pissed off. I don't blame Ambrose and Rollins for coming out to help Reigns even though I didn't like it. I don't blame Strowman for anything he's done, he cashed in honorably and helped beat ass the same way he's been attacking Owens for months. I don't really blame Charlotte for getting another opportunity since she was the six-time woman's champ who beat Asuka (though Paige was pissed at Carmella and punished her by giving Charlotte a shot, which was super unfair to Becky...)

Most importantly I'm really hoping (as a fan) Brain destroys Roman and DAMN sure hope Becky can beat Charlotte.

And also, those straps are off Brock and Carmella. Thank you

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Think that's the key to both of these major feuds. Don't worry about "getting heat", just tell a story. Angry Becky is relatable and I don't blame her for being pissed off. I don't blame Ambrose and Rollins for coming out to help Reigns even though I didn't like it. I don't blame Strowman for anything he's done, he cashed in honorably and helped beat ass the same way he's been attacking Owens for months. I don't really blame Charlotte for getting another opportunity since she was the six-time woman's champ who beat Asuka (though Paige was pissed at Carmella and punished her by giving Charlotte a shot, which was super unfair to Becky...)
2018 is the year where we need to stop worrying about who the 'face' is an who the 'heel' is and just watch the show. I have no problem with anything WWE do in storyline, as long as it makes sense and doesn't insult the fans intellegence. Becky saying the fans were never behind her and Charlotte saying she got cheered at Summer Slam is just disgusting.

Wrestling is drama. Drama is good when the two parties involved in conflict are justified. Both Becky and Charlotte have a leg to stand on. This is why people are invested. I don't know why fans should look at this as heel vs face when it's character vs character.

Becky should be pissed at Paige not Charlotte

Reactions: Snowman1

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I don't blame WWE. Being a heel is the easiest thing to pull off, yet she's wasting a golden opportunity to be creative when everybody is paying attention. She's disgusting.
What they got her to do last night suggests that they don't want her to be a heel anymore. She was everything but a heel last night and that is intended.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Think that's the key to both of these major feuds. Don't worry about "getting heat", just tell a story. Angry Becky is relatable and I don't blame her for being pissed off don't really blame Charlotte for getting another opportunity since she was the six-time woman's champ who beat Asuka (though Paige was pissed at Carmella and punished her by giving Charlotte a shot, which was super unfair to Becky...)

Most importantly I'm really hoping (as a fan) Brain destroys Roman and DAMN sure hope Becky can beat Charlotte.

And also, those straps are off Brock and Carmella. Thank you
Yeah...this is basically exactly how I feel...
even if I do like complaining about the minutia.

Its a word...look it up.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Y'all are too fucking negative. New Day and King Booker was a fun segment. Not everything has to be a serious, 6/5 star Tokyo dome match to be enjoyable.
-The tag team tournament is alright and the crowd was behind 2 good brothers. Nice to see The Colons back, but their careers are effectively dead at this point.
-I like the Jeff Hardy/Orton feud. Orton explained his actions a few weeks ago, if you're complaining that there is no motivation then you aren't paying attention and probably shouldn't have an opinion on the subject.
-Only real bad thing of the night for me was the Naomi/Billie match - because The Iconics are too green, and Naomi isn't able to work people to a good match like Charlotte, Becky etc. can do. She can't carry a match, all she can do is some athletic shit. Iconics should have remained in NXT a while longer.
-Almas being booked in big matches is good, and god that beat down at the end of the match was superb. Zelina's double knees to Brie looked great, and Miz and Maryse managed to make me hate them even more (even though I secretly love them) by making DB and Brie look at each other getting destroyed. The shot of Bryan to try to crawl to Brie's side only for Miz to pick him up and hit the Skull Crushing Finale was perfect.
-Just give me Samoa Joe being a creep every single week. They've shown Joe has effectively gotten in AJ's head, so I think he will win at HiaC.
-Carmella got no heat, no reaction from the crowd. That's bad. Your most immediate former champion shouldn't get no reaction. Renee was right - the people's attention is on Charlotte and (more importantly), Becky. Carmella is an afterthought. At least R-Truth is getting some crowd reactions out of his schtick with Carmella.
-Becky's beat down and short promo was great. Her in bad-ass gear made my peepee the big peepee.

9/10 for me, Smackdown is much better than RAW.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Y'all are too fucking negative. New Day and King Booker was a fun segment. Not everything has to be a serious, 6/5 star Tokyo dome match to be enjoyable.
-The tag team tournament is alright and the crowd was behind 2 good brothers. Nice to see The Colons back, but their careers are effectively dead at this point.
-I like the Jeff Hardy/Orton feud. Orton explained his actions a few weeks ago, if you're complaining that there is no motivation then you aren't paying attention and probably shouldn't have an opinion on the subject.
-Only real bad thing of the night for me was the Naomi/Billie match - because The Iconics are too green, and Naomi isn't able to work people to a good match like Charlotte, Becky etc. can do. She can't carry a match, all she can do is some athletic shit. Iconics should have remained in NXT a while longer.
-Almas being booked in big matches is good, and god that beat down at the end of the match was superb. Zelina's double knees to Brie looked great, and Miz and Maryse managed to make me hate them even more (even though I secretly love them) by making DB and Brie look at each other getting destroyed. The shot of Bryan to try to crawl to Brie's side only for Miz to pick him up and hit the Skull Crushing Finale was perfect.
-Just give me Samoa Joe being a creep every single week. They've shown Joe has effectively gotten in AJ's head, so I think he will win at HiaC.
-Carmella got no heat, no reaction from the crowd. That's bad. Your most immediate former champion shouldn't get no reaction. Renee was right - the people's attention is on Charlotte and (more importantly), Becky. Carmella is an afterthought. At least R-Truth is getting some crowd reactions out of his schtick with Carmella.
-Becky's beat down and short promo was great. Her in bad-ass gear made my peepee the big peepee.

9/10 for me, Smackdown is much better than RAW.
Yeah this forum is strangley the most negative place on the internet about wrestling.

This show was a good show. It had king booker ffs
[doublepost=1535614849][/doublepost]
Becky Lynch is not working as a heel. She's not even trying to get heat.
Probably because she isn't a fucking heel . They got her to say the word 'bitch' ffs

Reactions: bullyballmm